NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html

I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on a Redskins fan message board mentioned hearing on an local 'Skins TV show (Redskins Nation), that the team submitted a new uni design to the league for use starting in 2016. Of course, no one else heard this news. Anyone else hear anything of a new 'Skins design in the coming years?

sounds BS. i havent heard anything, and there's not been a hint of it around here. not that everything that happens gets leaked, but if this board doesnt have any info than i doubt a rinky dink local show would either. plus, as stubborn as Snyder is, i dont think a name and logo change would actually lead to a new uniform design.

Not exactly a "rinky dink" show. It's on the Redskins official TV network owned by Snyder, hosted by the Redskins radio play-by-play guy Larry Michael who works for the team. He's always careful not to fall into any talk that's not official and he toes the company line better than anyone.

With that said, I didn't see anyone on the show say that (I watch several times a week but miss it some days).

But if it was really on the show, chances are it's true.

this is why we can't have nice things. if it's true and this guy is spilling the beans on it, then he should have some repercussions come his way. id be pissed if i were Snyder (well, more than usual) and knew some info like that was getting out on a station i owned.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html

I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

Someone Photoshop the pants to black on this one and you'll have your look

eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg

Right, except sub out the shimmery black for the "twice washed t-shirt" black that Nike uses on their current set. And although we can't see the pants stripes from that shot, they aren't going to be identical to what's on the black pants. Then again, it's very likely Nike will make them more sleek and fierce by giving them solid black pants with no stripes an a hip logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I wasn't speculating (!)...

B)

I wasn't speculating (!)...

B)

WE were speculating about your obfuscation!

In the Ravens case, it makes sense because a Raven is black. Same with the Panthers.

Most Eagles fans I see around here want black and midnight green dead, and for good reason. It's the most stale color scheme ever.

bSLCtu2.png

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation. http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

Someone Photoshop the pants to black on this one and you'll have your look

eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg

Just did it quick on my phone....one with black socks, one with Green socks

h76gomF.jpg

rBnxtdI.jpg

I think that there is no way they could look worse than most of the black pants in the league. The stripes that will most likely be on them should already set it above the Ravens, Saints, and Jags.

Right, except sub out the shimmery black for the "twice washed t-shirt" black that Nike uses on their current set. And although we can't see the pants stripes from that shot, they aren't going to be identical to what's on the black pants. Then again, it's very likely Nike will make them more sleek and fierce by giving them solid black pants with no stripes an a hip logo.

The same Nike that's included pants stripes I'm every single one of their NFL redesigns?

Someone on a Redskins fan message board mentioned hearing on an local 'Skins TV show (Redskins Nation), that the team submitted a new uni design to the league for use starting in 2016. Of course, no one else heard this news. Anyone else hear anything of a new 'Skins design in the coming years?

sounds BS. i havent heard anything, and there's not been a hint of it around here. not that everything that happens gets leaked, but if this board doesnt have any info than i doubt a rinky dink local show would either. plus, as stubborn as Snyder is, i dont think a name and logo change would actually lead to a new uniform design.

A bears/chiefs type tweak to their set and consistent striping would make that set great IMO.

The same Nike that's included pants stripes I'm every single one of their NFL redesigns?

Shh..., let the mindless "NIKE is always wrong, anything that isn't just stripes is click & fill!" crowd express themselves

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

The above picture won't work... the Eagles don't have green socks. Black pants + black socks... nasty.

True...added it just so anyone who might wonder could see.

But then again the Eagles "didn't have" black pants yesterday, so they could very well have green socks too.

But yea all signs are pointing to everything but the helmet being black.

Thinking about the black/black combo with non-black helmet (sorry Ravens and Falcons), it'll be interesting to see how it compares with these:

nfl-saints-grahamx-large.jpgpanthers-black-pants.png

460x.jpgChad+Henne+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Jackson

At least the Panthers broke up the monotony with the blue socks. And yea, I know I'm sorta cheating by including the Jaguars one ^_^

Thinking about the black/black combo with non-black helmet (sorry Ravens and Falcons), it'll be interesting to see how it compares with these:

At least the Panthers broke up the monotony with the blue socks. And yea, I know I'm sorta cheating by including the Jaguars one ^_^

Yea the Panthers actually pull off the monochrome black look well because of the blue socks and stripe on the pants. (I usually hate monochrome unless it's all white, but there are a couple of exceptions (Panthers, Chiefs) but even then I only like it as a once or twice per year novelty)

The Saints, Ravens, Jags and Bengals all look horrible going mono. The Jags, if they ever fix their helmet, are a few tweaks from being decent. Definitely an upgrade over 09-12 though (Helmet aside).

I love black and white with just a little bit of color to break it up, which I why I like the Ravens, Eagles and Cardinals black alts when worn with white pants.

Shh..., let the mindless "NIKE is always wrong, anything that isn't just stripes is click & fill!" crowd express themselves

Yes, calling people mindless while also classifying striping design elements as click and fill. Coolest of cool stories.

I was taking a shot at Nike for their nonsensical product descriptions, combined with the board meme on the stupidity of the San Jose Sharks thinking stripes weighed them down. However, outside of the Panthers, teams which added black pants to their existing sets just because have used solid black (Saints, Ravens, formerly Jaguars). Considering that, along with how half-assed Nike has been with the Eagles (eh, we'll get the jerseys when we get them), I wouldn't be at all shocked if the pants were solid black. I don't see them going back to the drawing board and saying "How could we port their striping pattern over to a black jersey?" I mean, it's going to look like a steaming pile of rectum with or without stripes, so why waste time on them amirite?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

bengals.jpg

Updated

bengals.jpg

Get rid of the white side panels and that's not a bad looking uniform. There, I said it. The orange socks are a must, though.

Agreed, though i don't mind the white side panels, in fact i think i like them.

Archived