NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one around here who actually LIKES the Bucs' new look (minus the number font and mismatched shoulder logos)?

Probably. Even the usual suspects in terms of Nike-blowing and contrarianism seem to hate it. And it's hard to ignore the number font considering the numbers take up such a large space and make up a good percentage of the jersey real estate.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I the only one around here who actually LIKES the Bucs' new look (minus the number font and mismatched shoulder logos)?

People down here in the Tampa are pretty much "eh" about it. Most could care less what they look like while others do laugh at the number font.

People down here in the Tampa are pretty much "eh" about it. Most could care less what they look like while others do laugh at the number font.

Right, so the majority of Bucs fans care about their look. Do they hate it as much as we do?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So you're saying most Bucs fans hate it as much as we do?

I don't see the jerseys selling off of the racks if that's what you mean. But overall I honestly don't think fans down here really care about how their uniforms look.

I mean, yes, the numbers are terrible but I sincerely think the uniform template is pretty darn good. The helmet, too, is modern without being too over the top (I'm looking at you, Jacksonville). Honestly, I think Nike did a pretty decent job with creating a contemporary uniform that fit nicely with the cut and fabric of the jerseys. Again, though, the number choice was poor.

Right, so the majority of Bucs fans care about their look. Do they hate it as much as we do?

I hate those Word Crimes...

I mean, yes, the numbers are terrible but I sincerely think the uniform template is pretty darn good. The helmet, too, is modern without being too over the top (I'm looking at you, Jacksonville). Honestly, I think Nike did a pretty decent job with creating a contemporary uniform that fit nicely with the cut and fabric of the jerseys. Again, though, the number choice was poor.

I agree with you Heitert, though I'm also not a fan of the mismatching sleeve logos. But I love the helmet and the design of the uniform is solid.

The Bucs look has really grown on me over the past few months. A simpler number font, even the last one, would be better, but I can live with it.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks that doesn't think it's an absolute train wreck. :lol:

The rest of you sound like you're ready to trek on over to Nike headquarters, torches and pitchforks in hand. Granted, I'm not a big fan of Nike by any means, but I don't see a huge problem with what they've done to Tampa Bay.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks that doesn't think it's an absolute train wreck. :lol:

The rest of you sound like you're ready to trek on over to Nike headquarters, torches and pitchforks in hand. Granted, I'm not a big fan of Nike by any means, but I don't see a huge problem with what they've done to Tampa Bay.

I kinda have to agree to this statement. It's something new and different. Of course people are going to be indifferent about it. So they went a little off the wall with the Bucs. I don't see anyone still complaining about Seattle's uniforms. I mean it's not like the Bears or Packers went all modern. It's the Buccaneers. They don't have any uniform tradition anyways. I'd like to see what Nike does with some other NFL teams before I pass any complete judgement.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'll take what we got right now rather than whatever the hell is going on in College Football.

Nothing pisses me off right now more than the Jacksonville Jaguars helmet. I tend to have an open mind about stuff but the Jaguars helmet is legitimately one of the worst :censored: things I've ever seen in the history of sports.

bSLCtu2.png

I hated the warriors name when floated as a replacement years ago but have really come around to it as of late. I think it would work well and honor all parties. Would it be acceptable if they were to become the warriors to use the old spear logo and throwbacks that went with it? Just get rid of the name and the Indian logo?

redskins_tb.jpeg

redskins2_display_image.jpg

some of my favorite NFL jerseys and helmet combinations ever and I am a Bears fan!!
shado_logo.gif

The huge problem was they had the best looking uniform in the league last year to the second worst this year...thus they (nike) ruined a perfectly good uniform.

spacer.png

Ok - so here is the question. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that the word "redskins" in and of itself is a racial slur. And that means no one is using it. But an NFL team happens to own the rights. And it's only relevant during football season and on football talk shows. I have to believe this makes it relevant to what, maybe 2-3% of a football fan's daily life? If so, why is everyone so up in arms?

Everyone is crying out for a change of the name but not the logo or colors. So I hereby propose they change to the "Maroonskins" or maybe the "Burgundyskins". Now everyone is happy. No racial slurs. Same great colors. Same logos, etc.

But the real crux of the matter has nothing to do with the actual name redskins, or else the Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians would have ALSO had their trademarks cancelled, which they did not. This was clearly an attack on Daniel Snyder and his property rights (in this case, the trademarked "Washington Redskins"). All the cancellation does is make it possible for the entire public to use it, not just Synder and the team. It's just that Synder can't sue for $$. So this was about taking away his ability to make money? What is the possible motivation for that? It is to attempt to cripple the man, monetarily speaking. This will fail of course, as he has gobs of money. So why attack the man's property without cause? My theory (which happens to be somewhat supported by the facts) is that he didn't contribute to some pet cause of some senator somewhere, and so they wanted to know how to get him back, and one of his friends said - look, just get a few token native Americans to go sue for damages and we'll get the Obama lawyers to back them, and we'll make him suffer. But why - what in the stink does that even accomplish? If Synder says to the NFL - hey guys, how about I change the name to the Washington Whoopie Pies. The NFL says why? And he says cause I feel like it. And he changes the name and the NFL votes on it and it passes and then all those folks suing him have egg on their faces. You see how stupid that sounds? So it not about the tribes or their peoples being harmed. The name is rarely used. It's only relevant during the football season and the few mentions outside the season. No one in their right minds is confusing the football team with a direct attack on a nation of people (in this case, the relevant native american indian tribe/s). This is about the theft of property rights (in this case, to the name of the team) without cause. And if they can do that to Snyder, they can do it to you too. So look at the deeper purpose. Follow the money. That will tell you what's really going on here.

If it was so doggonned offensive - why have they NOT come against the South Carolina Gamecocks (or the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, for that matter)? Why have they not gone after the Florida State Seminoles? Why have they not gone after the Chicago Blackhawks? I think they don't want to admit it is not offensive to refer to a sports team who is honoring the heritage of a group of whatever.

Look - if you what to create a new team name today, I totally agree - don't pick something so controversial as a potential racial slur. That seems obvious.

To that end, I suppose I should propose a list of suggestions:

Washington Dragons

Washington Griffins

Washington Federals

Washington Monuments

Washington White Wolves

Washington DC-10's

Washington Bombers

Washington Presidents

Washington Cappuccinos

Washington Lawyers

Washington Washers

Washington Pretzels

Washington Hammers

Washington Wilmingtons

Washington Founders

Washington Congressmen

Washington Vice

Washington Politicians

Washington Bureaucrats

yadda yadda yadda.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I hated the warriors name when floated as a replacement years ago but have really come around to it as of late. I think it would work well and honor all parties. Would it be acceptable if they were to become the warriors to use the old spear logo and throwbacks that went with it? Just get rid of the name and the Indian logo?

redskins_tb.jpeg

redskins2_display_image.jpg

some of my favorite NFL jerseys and helmet combinations ever and I am a Bears fan!!
If the 'skins switch to these, they have the best uniforms in the NFL.

Archived