NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's nice. I would prefer it with their current scheme, but you fix all the main issues without being drastic. The helmet strip is finally consistent with the pants stripe and it looks like you slightly altered the numbers to make them not goofy. Well done.

White on navy is by far their worst combination. With the Columbia yokes being a lighter color the uniform comes off very bottom heavy. Basically every other combination is a really nice, well balanced look. I can't even think of another bad combination (although I'm not anti monochrome/leotard).

That's what I've always thought, except that I may consider light blue over navy worse (two colors and neither matches the helmet color). But I'm right there with you on the shoulders being light blue and then then the pants being navy. It just doesn't match or balance out. They'd be one of the best-looking teams in the league if they'd change the helmet logo and get rid of the navy pants altogether.

According to Paul Kuharsky on Twitter, Titans owner Tommy Smith said we've seen the last of the light blue.

Well, that sucks...a lot.

Well see the navy pants at least are evened out by the navy shoulder yoke so there's no balance issues, just a slight lack of white but not too bad imo. I like that combination as well.

Or a total rebrand.

Much like a sitcom adding a brand new character, a total rebrand is often the last gasp of a troubled franchise trying to remain relevant. What color scheme are we going with--Cousin Oliver orange or Ted McGinley gold?

Much like a sitcom adding a brand new character, a total rebrand is often the last gasp of a troubled franchise trying to remain relevant. What color scheme are we going with--Cousin Oliver orange or Ted McGinley gold?

Steve may have been a better character than Jefferson, but I think the rest of the show matured and the Jefferson era was far better.

I'd love to have the Oilers back, but that won't happen. How about we let the Titans be the Titans, wearing navy as when they debuted, and as a tradeoff, force the Chargers to ditch navy for their rightful scheme of light blue and yellow? Two problems solved.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As long as someone else started the shameless plugging...

TITAN1_zpscdd494b4.png

does anyone have a columbia blue helmet in the NFL? I know the Oilers did and the Titans did it as a throwback a few yrs ago. I say bring it on.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Wonder if this means a/ an identity overhaul and b/ if they might be going the navy/yellow route...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I could live with the Navy blue returning as the primary as long as the light blue stays as the ALT (and preferably worn with white pants) but it sounds like that jersey is being thrown out altogether :(

Another thing I don't understand is why are they wearing white for all the remaining games when they're still allowed to wear the Navy jerseys one more time?

That's nice. I would prefer it with their current scheme, but you fix all the main issues without being drastic. The helmet strip is finally consistent with the pants stripe and it looks like you slightly altered the numbers to make them not goofy. Well done.

White on navy is by far their worst combination. With the Columbia yokes being a lighter color the uniform comes off very bottom heavy. Basically every other combination is a really nice, well balanced look. I can't even think of another bad combination (although I'm not anti monochrome/leotard).

That's what I've always thought, except that I may consider light blue over navy worse (two colors and neither matches the helmet color). But I'm right there with you on the shoulders being light blue and then then the pants being navy. It just doesn't match or balance out. They'd be one of the best-looking teams in the league if they'd change the helmet logo and get rid of the navy pants altogether.

According to Paul Kuharsky on Twitter, Titans owner Tommy Smith said we've seen the last of the light blue.

Well see the navy pants at least are evened out by the navy shoulder yoke so there's no balance issues, just a slight lack of white but not too bad imo. I like that combination as well.

But the white jerseys have light blue shoulders.

Balanced:

rjohnson.jpg

Unbalanced:

nfl_g_thomas_600x400.jpg

The Bengals have the same issue when they wear black pants with white jerseys...

6910906.jpg

Just read on Uniwatch that the 2015 Nike Catalog leaked and shows new unis for the following teams-

* Browns- home, away and alt

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

I assume the Dolphins will be orange but have no idea what SF or GB may do

Just read on Uniwatch that the 2015 Nike Catalog leaked and shows new unis for the following teams-

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

Green Bay will probably be a different throwback. No clue what SF's alt could be.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

But the white jerseys have light blue shoulders.

Balanced:

rjohnson.jpg

Unbalanced:

nfl_g_thomas_600x400.jpg

The Bengals have the same issue when they wear black pants with white jerseys...

6910906.jpg

Sorry I should've specified, I meant the Columbia jerseys when I was talking about the navy shoulders. But yeah, I agree completely.

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

What? The Niners are going to have an alternate uniform? Gold or Black jerseys? Or maybe another throwback? I would think they would do another throwback in 2016 as that would be their 70th anniversary.

Archived