NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

I'd love it. With or without the sock stripes.

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

Just hope they get the details right this time. Aside from the pants.

1994_Throwback_comp1.png1994_Throwback_comp2.png

Indeed... but even just using the Titans template would be a huge improvement.

I really think that could be the basis for a good monochrome uniform with navy pants and a yellow stripe. I think it would maintain it's old-school feel while also having contemporary qualities, especially if they used a nice font.

So... sort of like the Jets monochrome where the two-tone jersey balances things out more than usual? I could see that working in a vacuum. But realistically, there's no way Packers fans would accept any alternate that's not a throwback.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there is precedent for blue pants in their history (though I can't imagine what this shade would look like in real life), so maybe they could sell it as a faux back? Eh, probably not.

1927_GreenBay.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's basically their current jersey, except worse striping on the sleeves and pants. It sucks on its own, and it represents an era of :censored:ty teams best remembered for a thug cheap-shotting guys with intent to injure them. I can't imagine any Packers fan wants to remember that era.

That may have been the lowest point in Packers history after the Lombardi era, I can promise they will not be throwing back to it.

That reminds me of our now dearly departed Phantomdreamer, who apparently was 12 years old, wanting the Mariners to return to their blue and yellow crap. Markedly worse uniforms that represented an awful era. Nothing at all worth commemorating.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

PLEASE this, but with matching pants this time.

I'd love it. With or without the sock stripes.

Just hope they get the details right this time. Aside from the pants.

1994_Throwback_comp1.png

I'm not seeing the difference here. It looks like the yellow portion touches the bottom of the collar on both.

Edit: In the picture with the coach, you can see the shoulder stripe didn't touch the bottom of the collar. Like was said, the Titans' template would work fine for that look. Or, hopefully since the Packers use their old template in lieu of Nike's, they use the Titans' previous template from the Puma/Reebok years, where the stripe was more substantial and comically gigantic collar didn't show off the players' shoulder pads.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well there is precedent for blue pants in their history (though I can't imagine what this shade would look like in real life), so maybe they could sell it as a faux back? Eh, probably not.

1927_GreenBay.png

This would be an intresting throwback. I don't think it would look that bad with a yellow helmet either.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

If the one-helmet rule is still in place, then the 49ers are limited if they do go for a throwback. Their current set is too similar to their 80s gear and they previously wore silver, so that's out the window. It might be this, which I thought would have been good for the 20th anniversary this season.

That is unless they really go back to their last set. Too soon?Jeff_Garcia_2003.jpg

If it's an alt, gold and black would be the only two jersey options I see happening. However, black just doesn't fit their scheme as well so it has to be gold. But if they go gold, would they really want to go mono gold with their only colored pants as well? My guess is aesthetically, the throwback is likely what is going to happen.

This set was my all-time favorite uniform in the NFL...too bad the 49ers went away from it.

That 49ers set was just awful. The pants look cheap and the addition of black is too much. It's San Fran's version of going Lions with their uniform.

At least the pants have some sheen ... I cannot stand the flat colors some teams have these days.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1927_GreenBay.png

That would make for an interesting throwback, but I think too many people associate that look with the Bears . I know it was a common template at the time, but a lot of iconic photos of Red Grange have circulated from that era, and the Bears based their 1994 throwbacks on them.

I'm pretty sure it'll either be this...

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

Or this...

First+50+Years-Lambeau.jpg

I hope it's the former, but the Packers have invested so much in pushing the "Acme Packers" brand name recently that if I had to put money on it, I'd bet on the latter.

According to Paul Kuharsky on Twitter, Titans owner Tommy Smith said we've seen the last of the light blue.

Awesome. Another navy heavy team.

Screw Tommy Smith! How dare he even consider getting rid of the light blue. It's been part of the franchise for its entire history.

tit-13-alllightblue-1-675x380.jpg

According to Paul Kuharsky on Twitter, Titans owner Tommy Smith said we've seen the last of the light blue.

Screw Tommy Smith! How dare he even consider getting rid of the light blue. It's been part of the franchise for its entire history.

Unfortunately new ownership can decide to re-image their franchise however they like as long as the league approves unless they are contractually forbidden from doing so.

Unfortunately new ownership can decide to re-image their franchise however they like as long as the league approves unless they are contractually forbidden from doing so.

That may be so, but I can already see where this will end up in a rebrand...another navy, red and white team. Just what pro sports doesn't need. I'd be curious what the fans down there think. IMO, I just couldn't see them happy with removing powder blue from the color scheme.

That may be so, but I can already see where this will end up in a rebrand...another navy, red and white team. Just what pro sports doesn't need. I'd be curious what the fans down there think. IMO, I just couldn't see them happy with removing powder blue from the color scheme.

I didn't get that from the statement. I took it to mean he was not on board with the sky blue as the jersey color, and would rather return to the navy, not that they would be dumping light blue altogether.

GOOD! Now maybe Houston can adopt the color again as a nod to the Oilers' past! Let Tennessee be what they should have been all along - an expansion team.

GOOD! Now maybe Houston can adopt the color again as a nod to the Oilers' past! Let Tennessee be what they should have been all along - an expansion team.
I would say that really wouldn't work because the Texans colors are Navy Blue, Red, and white as a nod to the state flag, but then again that didn't stop the Chiefs when they were the Dallas Texans and their colors were red, gold, and white

I would say that really wouldn't work because the Texans colors are Navy Blue, Red, and white as a nod to the state flag, but then again that didn't stop the Chiefs when they were the Dallas Texans and their colors were red, gold, and white
It's all part of my master plan to re-brand the Texans as the Oilers.

Never saw this one before. Wouldn't mind this being used as the inspiration for a tweak if they indeed want to "see some things done with the jerseys" but do not intend to change the color.

1941_Philadelphia.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Never saw this one before. Wouldn't mind this being used as the inspiration for a tweak if they indeed want to "see some things done with the jerseys" but do not intend to change the color.

1941_Philadelphia.png

What's the inspiration? The two wins or the mixing navy blue with black? Or is it the random shoulder yolk? Cuz they are all awful.

Archived