NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the side panels.

New word mark is good enough to stand on its own. The logo on it is stupid.

I thought the mark was arched and not flat on top.

Agreed... IMO one of the things that makes the old mark so clunky looking is the logo pasted over the top. The new wordmark was fine without it.

I'm pretty sure it'll either be this...

1940_NewYorkSundayNews_Isbe.jpg

Or this...

First+50+Years-Lambeau.jpg

I hope it's the former, but the Packers have invested so much in pushing the "Acme Packers" brand name recently that if I had to put money on it, I'd bet on the latter.

Just wanted to add one more possibility. Even though I'm quite sure they'll go with something blue, here's a Lambeau-era throwback from a championship year that'd be pretty interesting.

1936_GreenBay.png

1935dec8_JournalPhoto.JPG

As you can see, that graphic is wrong - should have a green collar. And the pants should be gold, not tan.

But yes, that would be a good throwback, except it wouldn't tap into the navy merchandizing juggernaut. Kelly green is too similar to the current Packers' hunter green.

As you can see, that graphic is wrong - should have a green collar. And the pants should be gold, not tan.

But yes, that would be a good throwback, except it wouldn't tap into the navy merchandizing juggernaut. Kelly green is too similar to the current Packers' hunter green.

That assumes that the colorizing done to that photo was correct, doesn't it? Unless you've got another photo that isn't colorized showing those colors.

It's where I sit.

"Navy merchandising juggernaut"? Is this a Brewers throwback situation on a smaller scale? (And if so, what is theirs called?) Didn't realize the navy was such a hit in Green Bay. It's been a few years since I was up that way, but the games I attended were green and gold dominant. The spot throwbacks were an odd standout.

GOOD! Now maybe Houston can adopt the color again as a nod to the Oilers' past! Let Tennessee be what they should have been all along - an expansion team.
I would say that really wouldn't work because the Texans colors are Navy Blue, Red, and white as a nod to the state flag, but then again that didn't stop the Chiefs when they were the Dallas Texans and their colors were red, gold, and white

Not quite. The Texans use navy blue while the Texas flag uses royal blue.

I've actually been wanting the Texans to adopt the Oilers colors for quite some time. I never finished these, but you get the idea.

HOU_home1_zps7fce4535.pngHOU_road1_zpsf854886a.png

They'd still be distinct enough from Tennessee even if they decided to keep wearing the powder blue jersey.

I'd like this only for a alt uniform. Wear once or twice a season.

That assumes that the colorizing done to that photo was correct, doesn't it? Unless you've got another photo that isn't colorized showing those colors.
In addition to my photo above, I have other photos showing both Kelly green and gold pants. If the Gridiron Database has any evidence to the contrary, they need to show it.

1936_GreenBayPackers.jpgMilwaukeeJournal_22sept1935.jpgPackers-Cardinals_colorphoto_13sept1936.

The pants are clearly a satin material, meaning that they don't precisely match the sleeve colors. But there's no evidence to suggest that they weren't trying to match them. And even if the graphic was intended to reflect that materials mismatch, tan is a poor choice.

We can't color-match exactly based on those photos, but we can draw rough conclusions from them, coming from the entire two-year lifespan of those uniforms.

GOOD! Now maybe Houston can adopt the color again as a nod to the Oilers' past! Let Tennessee be what they should have been all along - an expansion team.
I would say that really wouldn't work because the Texans colors are Navy Blue, Red, and white as a nod to the state flag, but then again that didn't stop the Chiefs when they were the Dallas Texans and their colors were red, gold, and white

Not quite. The Texans use navy blue while the Texas flag uses royal blue.

I've actually been wanting the Texans to adopt the Oilers colors for quite some time. I never finished these, but you get the idea.

HOU_home1_zps7fce4535.pngHOU_road1_zpsf854886a.png

They'd still be distinct enough from Tennessee even if they decided to keep wearing the powder blue jersey.

2752244354_a1c2b19c8f.jpg= texasflag9.99.jpg

I really don't see why they would use Oilers colors. Not even as an alt.

I would like that a lot as a spiritual successor to the Houston Oilers. If only they had gotten the Cleveland Deal too; I'm really happy with how the Texans turned out, but the Oilers' logo was perfect and the uniforms often were.

aalm128.jpg

Here they are perfect.

I agree. I'd love for the Texans to be renamed the Oilers and bring these flawless beauts back, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen. I don't didn't mind the Titans acknowledging their past by pairing their current light blue jerseys with the white pants while wearing the light blue pants on the road. That's all they really needed to do.* Of course, I wouldn't mind the Titans going Light Blue/Red as their acknowledgement of their history of the Oilers.

As for the Texans, I'd love for them to be the Oilers' "'spiritual successor" and swap out their navy for light blue. I also recall a concept where light blue was added to their current Navy/Red look and their red alternates become their primary uniforms that didn't look too bad. If they don't want to entirely be Oiler clones, go with their red uniforms as their primary and be a primarily red Red/Light Blue team.

*Besides a new number font and logo.

Not next year for sure. The Browns are the only ones getting new homes and roads in 2015, while only the Browns, 49ers, Dolphins and Packers will have new alts.

2016 is possible for the Rams, but not confirmed.

I'd wager the Rams aren't announcing uniform changes until they settle where they'll be playing first. That said, whether they head back to Los Angeles or stay in St. Louis, they need yellow...stat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns bring some form of an orange alternate back. Given that orange is prevalent within marketing/promotions/etc. and was the other endzone option, I'd be surprised if the alternate isn't orange (though gray isn't out of the question). Gray wouldn't go bad with orange and brown as long as it remains a trim color.

Can't help but wonder what's in store for the 49ers and Packers, but I really hope the Dolphins' alternate is orange as it would go a long way in remedying one of the biggest issues with their current set (too little orange).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'd wager the Rams aren't announcing uniform changes until they settle where they'll be playing first.

That may not be possible. They could be in LA as early as next September, but they won't have new uniforms before 2016 (if that deadline hasn't already passed as well).

The relocation would be announced in February - when do NFL re-brands usually get unveiled?

I'd wager the Rams aren't announcing uniform changes until they settle where they'll be playing first.

That may not be possible. They could be in LA as early as next September, but they won't have new uniforms before 2016 (if that deadline hasn't already passed as well).

The relocation would be announced in February - when do NFL re-brands usually get unveiled?

I'm pretty sure there has been confirmation the Rams are gonna be in St. Louis in 2015.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I'm pretty sure there has been confirmation the Rams are gonna be in St. Louis in 2015.

There has been no such thing.

Last word on the Texans: as long as they don't get too mix-and-matchy, they can look almost as good as the Oilers did and fully worthy of their own identity.(The same can also be said of the Titans, actually.) Their logo is one of the best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the Texans stick to their regular blue-and-white look, I would agree with you. But their Bloody Halliburton uniforms would have to be banished to some particularly nasty hell.

There has been no such thing.

Admiral's right. The Rams have until February to announce their intention to move. They haven't yet indicated they plan to do that, but neither have they said anything to rule out the possibility.

So it's possible we could see a season of Dreary Blue and Millennium Gold in LA. Outdoor games would help that combo, even if they can't save it.

Archived