NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

David Carr (sucked)...Mario Williams (good, but apparently not good enough to keep)...Jadeveon Clowney (injured)...but we're against a re-brand because the Oilers were a constant disappointment?

I'm against rebranding the Texans as the Oilers because the Texans aren't the Oilers.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Carr (sucked)...Mario Williams (good, but apparently not good enough to keep)...Jadeveon Clowney (injured)...but we're against a re-brand because the Oilers were a constant disappointment?

I'm against rebranding the Texans as the Oilers because the Texans aren't the Oilers.

Not this again I think we need to move the Colts name back to Baltimore move the Oilers back to Houston & give the Bears back to Decatur & make them the Staleys.... Just Kidding!

Not this again I think we need to move the Colts name back to Baltimore move the Oilers back to Houston & give the Bears back to Decatur & make them the Staleys.... Just Kidding!

Don't forget about the Portsmouth Spartans!

As am I. Plus the Texans' uniforms are pretty good ones. At least the regulars are, not the Halliburton blood clots. Name is stupid, but the uniforms are solid.

I that's the argument, the Texans aren't actually the Texans either...some of them are in Indianapolis and some are in Kansas City.

I'll just keep dreaming I guess...

I that's the argument, the Texans aren't actually the Texans either...some of them are in Indianapolis and some are in Kansas City.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NFL retire the Oilers name after they rebranded as the Titans?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I also think people forget that nobody in houston cared about the oilers once the run & shoot era fizzled out. Biggest memories were a colossal playoff collapse in buffalo and the d coordinator getting into fisticuffs with the o coordinator in the middle of a game. Not really a rich tradition there.

Only thing bad about the texans is the cliche color scheme which has been used and abused by pro sports too many times over to count.

I also think people forget that nobody in houston cared about the oilers once the run & shoot era fizzled out. Biggest memories were a colossal playoff collapse in buffalo and the d coordinator getting into fisticuffs with the o coordinator in the middle of a game. Not really a rich tradition there.

Only thing bad about the texans is the cliche color scheme which has been used and abused by pro sports too many times over to count.

The "Luv Ya Blue" years with Bum and Earl Campbell were nothing to scoff at. Those were great teams that only had perhaps the greatest team of all time standing in their way in the same division.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

The "Luv Ya Blue" years with Bum and Earl Campbell were nothing to scoff at. Those were great teams that only had perhaps the greatest team of all time standing in their way in the same division.

Not to mention the Mike Renfro play against the Steelers in that playoff game...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the NFL retire the Oilers name after they rebranded as the Titans?

That doesn't matter one bit. Purely ceremonial - just like a jersey number retirement (and how many of those have been undone?)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not to mention the Mike Renfro play against the Steelers in that playoff game...

The lack of replay at the time, really burnt that franchise. I also remember a game in week 2 or 3 in 1985 where the ref called what was really a TD, an incomplete pass on the field. Rozzell even apologized the next day. Some say it was the straw that broke the camel's back and replay came into the league the following season.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Eagles going with a black end zone.

they've been doing that flr a while after Temple and/or Army Navy is done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly what colors would you have the Texans wear then?

Sand & Cactus Green

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Sand & Cactus Green

For a team in Houston? That would be more like a team in Yuma.

I've been trying to come up with a new color scheme for a team based in Houston, but I can't figure out how to represent Humidity. Or Oppressive Heat.

Archived