Sign in to follow this  
TheFloridianLogoMan

Cleveland Indians Concept (Chief Wahoo Free)

Here is a new concept; this time, I'm going to take my crack at fixing what is presently a very inconsistent Cleveland Indians Identity. I therefore decided to center the new package around two things: A new wishbone C....and the feather (or two as you will see). My primary motive is to take the feathered C and make it the new central identifier for the Indians franchise, much like the tomahawk is for the Braves.

The primary logo is a wishbone C that is based off of the cap the Tribe wore throughout the 70's. Attached to the C from the top and falling toward the right are two feathers. Below it is the text script "Cleveland Indians" arched.

Logo:

indians_zps7b56403f.png

Cap:

indianscap_zpse9a3e816.png

Alternate Cap:

indiansaltcap_zps32462a4f.png

The Alternate cap will be used with the 1948 Inspired Home Alternate uniforms, which does indeed use the Indians cursive script on Cream.

Home Script:

indianshomescript_zpsa200760f.png

The script is inspired by both the current Alternate script and the Serif'd Indians scripts the team used throughout the 80's into the 90's.

Uniforms:

IndiansConcept_zps626d1262.pngIndiansConcept1a_zpsca86a0a8.png

I felt that using a navy belt with what already is a lot of navy would be redundant, so I switched it up a tiny bit and decided to use a red belt. I like the way it looks.

Hope you enjoy this.

I just joined and I hate to tell you this but this is terrible. as a tribe fan, I can say the Indians are perfect the way they are right now

I just joined and I hate to tell you this but this is terrible. as a tribe fan, I can say the Indians are perfect the way they are right now

Well, I tried once again, so hopefully I'll get better as I do more.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree, I think this set has potential. The logo needs a tweaking, you're off to a good start.

I really like the serifed wordmark on the uniforms. The cap logo needs a little work. I think the Indians' current "C" might accept the feathers a little more than the 70s-style "C" does.

I like it; I think it has a lot of potential. However, I think the feathers look overly fractured and harsh visually. I think they'd be more aesthetically pleasing with softer, rounder edges.

I honestly think this is one of the best Indians concepts I've ever seen. I would keep the feathered C off of the sleeves, feels a little too busy, but the rest of this set is great. Change the cream jersey's font to the actual old 40s font and I think it could be perfect.

As a Braves fan, I can say that the Indians set is awful, and it's not because of Chief Wahoo. The Current road script is so bland, the fact that they can't decide whether they are going to keep wahoo or not leave a lot of inconsistency in the entire set. The set they were incredible with (90's) is what they looked the best

Here is a new concept; this time, I'm going to take my crack at fixing what is presently a very inconsistent Cleveland Indians Identity. I therefore decided to center the new package around two things: A new wishbone C....and the feather (or two as you will see). My primary motive is to take the feathered C and make it the new central identifier for the Indians franchise, much like the tomahawk is for the Braves.

The primary logo is a wishbone C that is based off of the cap the Tribe wore throughout the 70's. Attached to the C from the top and falling toward the right are two feathers. Below it is the text script "Cleveland Indians" arched.

Logo:

indians_zps7b56403f.png

Cap:

indianscap_zpse9a3e816.png

Alternate Cap:

indiansaltcap_zps32462a4f.png

The Alternate cap will be used with the 1948 Inspired Home Alternate uniforms, which does indeed use the Indians cursive script on Cream.

Home Script:

indianshomescript_zpsa200760f.png

The script is inspired by both the current Alternate script and the Serif'd Indians scripts the team used throughout the 80's into the 90's.

Uniforms:

IndiansConcept_zps626d1262.pngIndiansConcept1a_zpsca86a0a8.png

I felt that using a navy belt with what already is a lot of navy would be redundant, so I switched it up a tiny bit and decided to use a red belt. I like the way it looks.

Hope you enjoy this.

I really like the cap logo, although for some reason it reminds me of the Calgary Flames, it might just be the feathers are difficult to distinguish as a smaller image. I also like the script, apart from the cap though. My main complaint is that the cap logo and script aren't even closely connected. I like the concept though

As a fellow Cleveland concepter, I have to say these are pretty nifty. I like the renewed focus on the angular C. At least that lettermark had some character. Love the colors here and the layout of the uni set. Jim Thome socks for everyone!

As far as critique goes, when the images are scaled down/viewed at a distance, the feathers on the C resemble oak leaves. Would there be a way to simplify the feather image to make it more recognizable? I also find the variable stroke width on the As and Ns to be a bit distracting. And though others have liked the spiked serifs on the font, to me that sort of design is synonymous with "X-treme" design styles and the 1990s. it seems a bit too futuristic to be paired with Cleveland baseball.

I'd love to see work on this continue.

This is pretty damn good. I'm a Pirates fan and this information is useless. It doesn't matter what fan of what team you are to comment a concept. Remember that its a concept, a vision of a guy that asks for critics to make his creation better.

Ok, now that's out of the way. I see what look you wanted to achieve with the feathers...kinda old, beat-up-by-the-wind look...but it resembles a leaf a bit too much. A feather doesn't have those veins going through the center of it, a feather has a rachis (google it). The wordmark is nice, but as Keith said ^^ a bit to modern. Maybe, if you want to go with the 70s look that the Indians had, use their 70s wordmark or their 50s Indians script would look good as well.

And for extra oldschool, use striped socks on every uni. I like striped socks hehe :)

I'm a fan of the old school C, but the feathers need some work. They're too fat and too detailed right now. I'm also not a fan of the wordmarks. They're too geometric--I would go with a more rounded, organic font.

I really like the main logo but think the word mark needs work.

I love this logo. I think you should contact the Indians. I would love to see this on their caps. It beats the hell out of their boring block C's. Well done.

When I look at the "C" I see an arrowhead... Was that your intention? It could definitely work as the logo.