NCAA Helmet Concepts

future_unis

can u do syracuse?

Are you from Syracuse? I lived there for 30 years before moving to Florida. I'd like to see the Orange also. No complaints really on UNC.

No, I'm just a big fan and am looking to go there.

tinysig.jpg

You sure do love chrome

This is awful

Making the logo that big is unnecessary

I'm just wondering man…. is all you do leave hate on every single thing?? like it gets really annoying. especially since i know that I'm at disadvantages with only using apps

Look at mccarthys nhl to mlb crossover, and a few other ones that I give praise to the designers, this doesn't, and stop using that excuse about apps, there are plenty of free programs you can use to make quality concepts

ok still. don't just say its awful tell me how i can improve so that i do improve?

Here is another free program. Get Paint.net

I have a LOT of trash in folders on my computer. But, come bowl season, or when I get a good idea, I will practice and try to perfect something so that it's worth putting in a signature. I take pride that good posters are using my helmets in the signatures. But that only is going to happen when you practice and make things that aren't sloppy and created in 10 minutes.

Also, at least attempting to use punctuation displays respect to the people reading your words. It's easier to read.

So your using apps, huh? That's pretty unconventional. But whatever works for you. If you have access to a full blown computer, try and download Inkscape or GIMP. They're free, somewhat simple to pick up, and you'll have a bit more free range.

Another thing, you like chrome. That's cool, but in about every concept, I've seen it. Features like those can't be a part of every team or else the novelty wears off. Make things fit where they feel right. One thing I've learned on this board is that design isn't a input-output process; meaning you can't make every design the same. Take time and attention to what you make. Research it even. Paying attention to every detail makes sports design.

In conclusion, try and develop that sixth sense of knowing what works and what doesn't. What works for some may not work for others. Also, at first, people may not like what you make. Listen to criticism, and strive to become a better designer.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

So your using apps, huh? That's pretty unconventional. But whatever works for you. If you have access to a full blown computer, try and download Inkscape or GIMP. They're free, somewhat simple to pick up, and you'll have a bit more free range.

Another thing, you like chrome. That's cool, but in about every concept, I've seen it. Features like those can't be a part of every team or else the novelty wears off. Make things fit where they feel right. One thing I've learned on this board is that design isn't a input-output process; meaning you can't make every design the same. Take time and attention to what you make. Research it even. Paying attention to every detail makes sports design.

In conclusion, try and develop that sixth sense of knowing what works and what doesn't. What works for some may not work for others. Also, at first, people may not like what you make. Listen to criticism, and strive to become a better designer.

I've only posted three concepts. And it just happened they were from my chrome series on instagram. I'm sorry. But its not criticism when they just say its awful, right? I will take your advice about detail.

Honestly, with more touch up, no chrome, and their ...gold? color helmet I think the whole spear head could look awesome.

I'd have to agree with everyone else though. HOnestly, the only thing to I have to critique right now is the quality. I think the design idea you have are decent right now, you just need to portray them better. You say you know they aren't great. When I was first starting out I wouldn't post to this site or anywhere until I got something that I could be really happy about and proud of. Don't just post because you feel you just want to post and show people your low quality ideas.

Free programs like Inskape, Paint.NET, Gimp are all great especially for someone who doesn't want to pay for a suite. There's nothing wrong with your ideas so far, just how you are posting them.

I like your passion though so far to get into this. YOu just need to take a step back and really focusing on making your work as pristine as you can get it. Obviously your first ones won't be phenomenal, but you can make them bearable at first. Then progress will start to show.

Honestly, with more touch up, no chrome, and their ...gold? color helmet I think the whole spear head could look awesome.

I'd have to agree with everyone else though. HOnestly, the only thing to I have to critique right now is the quality. I think the design idea you have are decent right now, you just need to portray them better. You say you know they aren't great. When I was first starting out I wouldn't post to this site or anywhere until I got something that I could be really happy about and proud of. Don't just post because you feel you just want to post and show people your low quality ideas.

Free programs like Inskape, Paint.NET, Gimp are all great especially for someone who doesn't want to pay for a suite. There's nothing wrong with your ideas so far, just how you are posting them.

I like your passion though so far to get into this. YOu just need to take a step back and really focusing on making your work as pristine as you can get it. Obviously your first ones won't be phenomenal, but you can make them bearable at first. Then progress will start to show.

thanks man. (you're more respectable) I'm currently working on photoshop to get some new ideas down. ill work on them so more before i post anything new on here.

Archived