NFL D-League

Bishop_BP_Jakes

What's up fellas. I've been lurking the boards for a month or so and finally had some time to sit and create some concepts.

I'm currently using MS Paint on my sisters old laptop, so I still have some sharpening to do here and there. I welcome any C&C you can give thus far.

1st up

Charlotte Speed

I don't have the skill to create elaborate logo's yet so i'm just gonna keep it simple for now with fonts and clip art.

Charlotte_zpsf68bd0ff.png

Home:

SPEED1_zpsdd1ba6cb.png

Away

Speed2_zps150a395a.png

Alternate:

Speed3_zpsd0f39676.png

Ballin on a budget

You have agood start here. One thing that you can do in lieu of having the clip art fonts and logos, is to draw them, and use Colored pencils. photo capturing and uploading to photobucket or other image sites andBA<! you're in buisness.

The Speed uniform is nice, I like the new positioning of the numbers lower on the legs. You might want to go for a more NASCAR inspired number font and logo but nice start. The Commanders isn't jumping off the page to me and I think when you build that logo, it'll guide you to a more complete look.

Memphis Royals

RoyalsWords_zpsfea4c166.png

Tried to incorporate the Tenn flag with the 3 stars inside of the circle for the logo. It's rough as hell but I thought it gets the point across #kanyeshrug. Also put the silver M for Memphis obviously

On the jerseys, I added the "circle and stars" on the bottom back of both jerseys, wanted it to have a sublimated feel similar to the wings on Oregon's jerseys and used same concept on the helmet.

C&C again welcomed

Home:

RoyalsHome_zps6d91391c.png

Away:

RoyalsAway_zps62acff99.png

Ballin on a budget

You can do some surprisingly good drawings for logos in Paint. The key is to think in terms of shapes rather than outlines, which is what you need to do in drawing, anyway. Fortunately, the shape tools in Paint are up to the task. It doesn't hurt to give it a go with the logos and practise until you can get your own computer and get hold of better software.

rATMcmK.png

You have agood start here. One thing that you can do in lieu of having the clip art fonts and logos, is to draw them, and use Colored pencils. photo capturing and uploading to photobucket or other image sites andBA<! you're in buisness.

The Speed uniform is nice, I like the new positioning of the numbers lower on the legs. You might want to go for a more NASCAR inspired number font and logo but nice start. The Commanders isn't jumping off the page to me and I think when you build that logo, it'll guide you to a more complete look.

I originally wanted to use either Dale Earnhardt's numbers or Richard Petty's. They just didn't look on screen the way they looked in my head.

When you say the Commanders isn't jumping off the page, is it the colors you're referring to or the overall uniform concept? I wanted the gold to pop, but MS Paint won't let me be great

Ballin on a budget

I originally wanted to use either Dale Earnhardt's numbers or Richard Petty's. They just didn't look on screen the way they looked in my head.

When you say the Commanders isn't jumping off the page, is it the colors you're referring to or the overall uniform concept? I wanted the gold to pop, but MS Paint won't let me be great

It's the uniforms. They aren't, in my opinion, matching up to the name. keep at it though.

The problem with Earnhardt's and Petty's numbers is that they are wider than taller. If you want to use those fonts, you will need to stretch them a little bit. As for whose NASCAR number to use, that is hard to say. I would suggest looking for a thicker more artistic font. Look at the numbers used on the cars, look at the 8 on Kyle Busch's 18, the open space in the 8 is far less than the open space on most NFL team uniform fonts.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

This has a lot of potential.

Like we've discussed on many other threads, there are some pretty good free programs. I believe Illustrator is free? I use Photoshop, so I'm not knowledgeable on other programs. But whatever you chose, it will be worth the learning curve.

I'm very impressed with your use of MS Paint though. Well done!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

SPEED: Get rid of number on pants. Make helmet have logo on both sides. Also, add names on shirts.

COMMANDERS: Helmet Logo is too small. Can we see primaries, secondaries, wordmark?

ROYALS: Might just be me but that font doesn't look "royal" to me.

Nice start though!!

tinysig.jpg

Illustrator isn't free. Your big free graphics programs are Inkscape (a vector-drawing program) and GIMP (mainly for photo manipulation, like Photoshop). Get one on or the other or both and practise. The advantage to Inkscape is that it has a built-in, easy-to-follow set of tutorials.

rATMcmK.png

Illustrator isn't free. Your big free graphics programs are Inkscape (a vector-drawing program) and GIMP (mainly for photo manipulation, like Photoshop). Get one on or the other or both and practise. The advantage to Inkscape is that it has a built-in, easy-to-follow set of tutorials.

I agree with him. I have used paint for a LONG time and do my basic uniform structure with it but make the logos and uniform details in Illustrator and Inkscape. Both are rally good programs and when you figure out how to manipulate them, you will have endless possibilities. you have the potential to be great (btw, color in the Memphis logo on the helmet)

I got the programs confused, my bad. Thanks for the clarification

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

SPEED: Get rid of number on pants. Make helmet have logo on both sides. Also, add names on shirts.

COMMANDERS: Helmet Logo is too small. Can we see primaries, secondaries, wordmark?

ROYALS: Might just be me but that font doesn't look "royal" to me.

Nice start though!

Commanders: The NFL logo was on the original template and since I don't yet have a logo, I said screw it and left it on. I will take it off though once I come up with something.

Royals: Ironically, I used the KC Royals font, but you're one of many to tell me that so i'll update that.

Ballin on a budget

Why is the NFL logo the logo for the commanders? I like these though nice work

I wanted to see what the jersey would look like with a logo at the collar. It's the NFL D-League so I threw it on there. Like I said above though, once I get some logo's i'll adjust,

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far.

Ballin on a budget

Archived