RedmondOrbit's NFL Redesign - Take Two (26/32 - Cardinals added)

RO_

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it more without red

The red makes it look more like the Oilers and it needs to go away.

I prefer it without the red as well, some people wanted to see it with red so I thought I'd try it. To me, the Titans are better off with the double blue. Here's the entire set with the updated sleeves:

n4E4ISr.jpg

kziNqSy.jpg

zC7eztD.jpg

What if you used the fret pattern just on the trim and leg stripes? The pattern on the sleeve caps themselves seems out of place, and you could even use the circle/star icon from the helmet logo in that place.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What if you used the fret pattern just on the trim and leg stripes? The pattern on the sleeve caps themselves seems out of place, and you could even use the circle/star icon from the helmet logo in that place.

Was this sort of what you had in mind?

fA5I3ik.jpg

I want to like these, but the elements just don't mix. The ancient Greek shoulder patterns and the futuristic numbers just don't make for a good combo. I'd either get rid of that pattern or change the font on those numbers. Preferably, I recommend the former because those patterns don't fit in well with the rest of the uniform or with light blue. Maybe if the Titans dove deeper into the Greek architecture theme and went all out it could work, but not with these uniforms. I'd replace the shoulder stripes with just the logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the absence, I've been pretty busy with some other things. It'll probably be another week or so before I post another team; I just bought a new computer, so it may be a bit while I transfer files/rearrange everything. Until then, I have one final update to the Titans.

C0jjgwB.jpg

OWk72Sv.jpg

IQfl1Qf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

This thread isn't dead yet! Sorry for the absence, my time has been spread pretty thin by work and a couple of other projects I'm working. I also received some pretty exciting news a couple of months ago, so I've been putting a lot of time into that. But recently I've decided to dive back into this. The last team I had uploaded was the Titans, and the set that is up on my imgur is what I'm gonna stick with. I know it had some mixed reviews, and I'm open to revisiting it later on, but for now I need to move onto another team. Speaking of, since it's been so long, I didn't want to pop in with just one team, so I have four.

Atlanta Falcons

I had posted a Falcons concept in my original thread, and the major feedback I received on it was that it was kind of boring. And the more I looked at it, the more I agreed. The same basic idea is there; I wanted to give Atlanta a Minnesota-style redesign by modernizing their popular throwbacks:

Home:

UiCl8UY.jpg

Away:

Qub08BO.jpg

Alt:

UNDz3gx.jpg

New England Patriots:

One of my goals for this redesign is to give the four teams that use blue and red as their color scheme (BUF, HOU, NE, NYG) their own unique look. So for the Patriots, to separate them from the other teams, I made red the primary again and got this:

Home:

eXOO31Q.jpg

Away:

88FaydX.jpg

Alt:

hL17sNw.jpg

Next post will have the next two teams.

New York Giants:

For the Giants, I wanted to give them fauxbacks similar to what Northwestern wears, but I couldn't get it to look good. So instead, I took that striping pattern from their 30's(?) set and put it on the shoulders. I'm not a fan of shoulder yokes, but I like the way this turned out.

Home:

YavFlUZ.jpg

Away:

VEGG7ND.jpg

Alt:

pvckhiV.jpg

St. Louis Rams:

And finally here's the Rams. This look would probably make more sense if they moved to LA, but every time I see a concept with a gold jersey I really like it. Plus, I want to add in some brighter colors to the NFL, and STL has one of the drabber palettes currently.

Home:

T4nYq7N.jpg

Away:

8V5nbux.jpg

Alt:

5wWpPkv.jpg

Thanks for checking these out, any feedback is always appreciated! I'll try not to go another two months before I post the next team.

Alright, here are a couple more teams. Still looking for feedback on the others I recently posted!

Buffalo Bills:

I really like their current unis, so the changes I made were minor. Dropped the navy because it does nothing but muddy up their look. For the sleeve stripes, I saw it used in another concept. I believe it was MrWonka's 49ers concept, and I really loved the way it looked. I think it looks pretty good with this set, and if I'm crossing any lines by using them, let me know. I wanted to give credit for the idea where it was due.

The biggest 'change' I made was making the white jersey/blue pants the primary home option. Correct me if I'm wrong Bills fans, but it seems like they like wearing white at home for big games. I remember watching a Thursday night game where they wore white over blue against the Dolphins, so I made it their primary look, with the whiteout being the alt.

Light:

VzhqdfQ.jpg

Dark:

O8iHOAX.jpg

New Orleans Saints:

So, the Saints were going to be my blackout team, with a black helmet and black pants part of their home look. However, I decided to scrap that idea after reading the stolen work thread. It seems like a blackout set would be a prime candidate to get stolen. Since, you know, black is super tough and hip and fresh. To my knowledge, none of my concepts from this thread have been stolen, but some from my old thread were.

Anyways, the gold helmet stays, the black pants are alternates, and the gold jersey makes a comeback.

Home:

FxpJpJG.jpg

Away:

X9kn6HM.jpg

Alt:

IBkFdbI.jpg

Over halfway finished! I've got a lot of teams that need some feedback, let me know what you think!

Great to have you and this concept back RedmondOrbit! Now here's some feedback.

Atlanta: Pretty clean set you have for the Falcons, but my only suggestion would be to try a new number font. Although it matches the wordmark, it may not be visually pleasing to everyone, so go with something a bit simple. I'd also be interested to see if the pants stripe translates well as a helmet stripe.

New England: Here, you did a nice job of blending a traditional look with a modern twist. But, I'd think the helmet would benefit from having either a navy or red facemask. Also, see how the away jersey looks with navy numbers outlined by red.

NY Giants: I believe you missed the park here. The Giants have multiple ideas to use for a uniform, but I'd like to see more consistency in striping. Between the single on the helmet, the five on the pants, and yoke on the jersey, I say pick the one you want to keep the most and build your striping off of that element.

St. Louis: Only thing I can say here is to add thin white stripes to surround the numbers and NOB on the home jersey. Then, on the blue and yellow pants, add a thin white outline around the blue stripe; have thin yellow stripes to outline the blue on the white pants so there's consistency with the socks.

Buffalo: Just make the collar majority blue; shrink the white down until it is next to the red stripe to mimic the striping found on the shoulders.

New Orleans: Change the facemask back to how it currently is (entirely black) versus the stripe trickling down to the facemask. I'd also like to see the Saints have a set of white pants added to the set. I can't say another change I could see in an update for them, because I can't think of it right now, but I'll let you know should it come to me.

Good stuff so far, but with time comes improvement. Just keep at it!!

Pats: change the color of the nike logo on the sleeves, white on silver doesn't look good.

Rams: get rid of the little in ward curl at the top of the pants. It looks very weird.

Bills: It's hard to mess up a perfect looking team, make the cuffs blue and it's perfect

Saints: personally I hate it too much to help you.

One problem I've noticed is that you're restricting yourself to your template at times. Love the Falcons

Hey thanks for the feedback guys! I agree with both of you that the Giants and Saints are the weakest two of the bunch. I have some ideas to fix the Saints, not too sure about the Giants yet. Hope to have some updates posted later tonight though.

That Falcons concept is one of the best for them I've seen.

Thanks! I'm really satisfied with the way it came out. I'll post what it would look like with the sleeves stripe on the helmet sometime tomorrow, but for now all I have is an update to the Patriots using the feedback I received:

TMHG1Zy.jpg

pP6sCQN.jpg

ATjas4n.jpg

And while I'm at it, I've had the Packers done for a while now so I figured I'd post that one too. Nothing too crazy, just some tweaks. Gave the sleeves and socks a five-stripe pattern and added green alt pants for the away set.

Home:

bRKsnMi.jpg

Away:

UnLmtJO.jpg

I hope to have some more updates for tomorrow.

Updated the Saints, with two helmet options to choose from.

Gold mask with helmet stripe:

Qu3WiA9.jpg

Solid black mask:

fprgbm2.jpg

Though I'm pretty sure I know the answer, let me know which one looks better!

Archived