RedmondOrbit's NFL Redesign - Take Two (26/32 - Cardinals added)

RO_

Also, love the changes you made to the Broncos' helmet. I've never been a big fan of the partial stripe, and you restored the full stripe that they had in years past. Their 1970s-1996 helmet was a work of art and paying homage to it is a great idea, even if they didn't win the Super Bowl while wearing it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts: I like the number in the horseshoe.

Raiders: Much better number font.

Giants: Striping update looks great. Not sure about the number font though. It's not bad, it just seems like it's change for the sake of change.

Broncos: LOVE the navy to royal gradient--that's how gradients should be done. I'd like to see it on the sleeves, too, instead of the random arc. I'm not a huge fan of the number font. If you're going to go with a unique font, I'd keep the one they have now.

One big point of criticism: 1. Can't stand how the area of the jersey around the number is a different color from the rest. I'm sure it's realistic; I just don't much care for it.

Another point (nothing wrong necessarily with this, just a point): Most of the ones I've seen have been pretty similar to what the teams are already wearing. This is definitely one of the more conservative redesigns I've seen.

A third point: love what you've done with the Giants. Bringing back the red alternate would be a great move in my opinion.

Also, love the changes you made to the Broncos' helmet. I've never been a big fan of the partial stripe, and you restored the full stripe that they had in years past. Their 1970s-1996 helmet was a work of art and paying homage to it is a great idea, even if they didn't win the Super Bowl while wearing it.

Thanks everyone!

I assume you're talking about that mesh panel surrounding the numbers on the back of the jersey? It's actually the same shade as the rest of the jersey, but the mesh makes it look slightly off. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do, that's probably my only nitpick with the template myself.

For a lot of the teams, you're right I only sought to make small changes. For the teams that have already been Nikefied I just wanted to take their look and improve upon it. For teams with classic looks like Green Bay and Oakland I only made minor changes. Of the ten remaining teams I do plan on doing some crazier designs (those are more fun anyways), so stay tuned!

Colts: I like the number in the horseshoe.

Raiders: Much better number font.

Giants: Striping update looks great. Not sure about the number font though. It's not bad, it just seems like it's change for the sake of change.

Broncos: LOVE the navy to royal gradient--that's how gradients should be done. I'd like to see it on the sleeves, too, instead of the random arc. I'm not a huge fan of the number font. If you're going to go with a unique font, I'd keep the one they have now.

For the Giants I wanted to give them a more modern font, might be a little much though.

I am pleasantly surprised with the feedback the gradient helmet is getting! Never thought about putting the fade on the sleeves, love that idea. Here are a couple of updates:

Option 1 (also on the previous page): Thicker royal blue accents on the sleeves.

SLpUiFY.jpg

Option 2: Gradient sleeves

zUXCJIH.jpg

I could go either way on the fonts, let me know what you guys think!

I prefer the second font. Awesome work on the Broncos.

Thanks! Here's the rest of Denver's set.

bY2scT7.jpg

yyhq6mJ.jpg

78d6cNY.jpg

I also went back and looked at some of my finished concepts and decided to change it up a bit.

Current:

bRKsnMi.jpg

New:

8d5KRIm.jpg

H8MZqK8.jpg

I can't imagine them actually switching to these colors, but I thought I'd try something a little different.

I assume you're talking about that mesh panel surrounding the numbers on the back of the jersey? It's actually the same shade as the rest of the jersey, but the mesh makes it look slightly off. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do, that's probably my only nitpick with the template myself.

Assuming that you're using the psd template that I have, change the blending mode for the mesh layers to multiply. That should do the trick.

Assuming that you're using the psd template that I have, change the blending mode for the mesh layers to multiply. That should do the trick.

Hey thanks! That helps a lot.

Here are a few more possible color schemes for the Packers:

Kelly green/Old gold:

oda2YcK.jpg

Green/Old gold:

YeHecqi.jpg

Current colors:

T7atS0U.jpg

I think the Kelly Green fits a lot better with the old gold. But it ends up being more like Notre Dame to me.

Yeah I agree, and I think the darker green with the old gold is a little too drab, so current colors it is.

s5CGdqO.jpg

IIF2lMx.jpg

I'll just save kelly green for another team.

Here are the 49ers. Instead of tweaking their current look I tried adding some gold in the jerseys, and I also added black back into the color scheme as an accent color. Also, I went back and updated all of my previous concepts so that the mesh panels aren't so noticeable. Thanks again to djruggs for the tip.

Ptl0cus.jpg

Za1roOt.jpg

Interesting take on the Niners. I like the look in a vacuum. The addition of black and use of gold on the jersey ties everything together with the logo. However, it doesn't scream Niners to me, probably because they went back to their old look. If this came out right after their 2000s set, I think it would seem more appropriate.

Interesting take on the Niners. I like the look in a vacuum. The addition of black and use of gold on the jersey ties everything together with the logo. However, it doesn't scream Niners to me, probably because they went back to their old look. If this came out right after their 2000s set, I think it would seem more appropriate.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree that it is kind of a step backwards, and I had their 2000's set in mind when I worked on this. So I started completely over, and here's what I came up with:

-Changing the facemask from gray to red is the only change to their current helmet and pants

-Sleeve and sock stripes have thin gold trim (and all three stripes are visible)

-Shiny gold numbers on both jerseys, with a thick red outline on the away jersey. Just like with my Raiders concept, I think a light colored number could work on a white jersey, as long as the outline is thick enough.

zNRot5c.jpg

Ms9c6RD.jpg

Thought I'd put up the next team while I wait for some more feedback on the Niners, here are the Chiefs. Kept their look pretty close to what they have now, except the striping now has a Native American pattern.

UI5EKdl.jpg

uShmO9k.jpg

Prefer the first Niners' concept, but I think the sleeve stripes are a little low. The Chiefs are just OMG wow. Perfection.

Thanks! For the first Niners concept, I wanted to place them low similar to Illinois' new unis. Though I think eliminating the black stripe and making the cuffs black might be the way to go.

I got bored today and messed around with updating my Titans concept. I remember seeing someone's NFL redesign thread a while back where he changed their color scheme to copper and black. While I think that'd be too close to the Jags, I think copper would be a really unique color for an NFL team, so here's my take:

-Color scheme is now Titan blue and copper, with navy as an accent color.

-Shiny copper helmet, Titan blue grill - kind of reminds me of the old Arizona Rattlers helmet.

-Copper, white, and Titan blue pants

-Copper alt jersey

-I also removed all of the Greek patterning from my previous concept.

My original Titan concept:

C0jjgwB.jpg

Titans ver. 2:

ktskIah.jpg

jX1tYbY.jpg

FQyFlhu.jpg

How is this? Let me know which one you guys prefer.

Copper certainly is interesting...

Ha yeah, I think it ended up being more of an exercise in color schemes. I have another version of the Titans in the works with a new color scheme that I think will work much better. In the meantime, here are the Lions:

Of0e1Yr.jpg

7WOzrXd.jpg

Still looking for feedback on the Chiefs and Niners too!

Love the Chiefs uniforms, but they really just don't work for me or the teams identity. Not to criticize, because these are amazing. But where just not a Native American Team. We are named on our mayor who brought the team here, H. Roe Bartle, The Chief. Any other team say the Redskins it would be great, but I just can't see it. Also, love the Titans uniforms copper is such a cool color to see, and goes great with their name.

Archived