NCAA Football Helmet Concepts

next_gen_uniforms

The biggest thing you need to think when putting a logo on a football helmet is if it's bold and can be seen from afar in the 'stands'. A team takes pride in the logo and wants it to be seen. Always try to make the logo visible and bold.

hey can you message me. I already messaged you asking about some stuff

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think these through more

How ridiculous would that style stripe look on a real helmet

And never put a logo over a stripe like that, it breaks up the shape shape of the logo to the point of where it wouldn't be identifiable from more than a few feet away

Think these through more

How ridiculous would that style stripe look on a real helmet

And never put a logo over a stripe like that, it breaks up the shape shape of the logo to the point of where it wouldn't be identifiable from more than a few feet away

Honestly, I don't know how ridiculous it would be. I've never seen it. Honestly I think it could look great especially for college and Northwestern. Though I agree the logo color is getting too meshed with the striping color. I'd say make the N black with a purple outline, then a silver one. But I always wondered what a stripe like that would look like and I don't think it would be bad.

Great feedbacks folks...another reason concepts section is dying.

thank you. this is so true. I've been here for a week and all i see is "this is awful"

That's because we've had nothing but awful posts/new members in the past month. It sometimes feels like one guy making all these accounts back to back just to troll.

But for you future, I'm glad you're actually taking criticism and comments. Take it guys, don't fight it. We're all here to help make your designs the best they can be. We've had a rough month, and we're tired of dealing with it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

thank you. this is so true. I've been here for a week and all i see is "this is awful"

That's because we've had nothing but awful posts/new members in the past month. It sometimes feels like one guy making all these accounts back to back just to troll.

But for you future, I'm glad you're actually taking criticism and comments. Take it guys, don't fight it. We're all here to help make your designs the best they can be. We've had a rough month, and we're tired of dealing with it.

rough as in what?? and thanks.

Rough as in we've had countless new members that make new threads and don't do anything. "I'm going to post my concepts here"...Ok...we'd like to see something...The one post and leave and never come back is annoying as ever.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Rough as in we've had countless new members that make new threads and don't do anything. "I'm going to post my concepts here"...Ok...we'd like to see something...The one post and leave and never come back is annoying as ever.

ohhh gotchya. Now i know why you were nagging me about not posting one pic for each thread.

a little advice to all of the newcomers, PLEASE ONLY POST ONE TOPIC AT A TIME

you don't have to have 2 or 3 topics going at once. This is a site where thousands of people wont to post their stuff, but it gets cluttered when people have 3 of their own boards going

The concept section is going through a dark age. I call it the "Instagram Takeover" because this is the kind of crap the kewl kids post on instagram with #dope. So many new guys posting "custom NCAA concept alt helmets". Please, think through these concepts and don't just slap logos on chrome or matte helmets because its #fire.

As for the concepts, I think Northwestern is pretty good, I like the stripe, but I couldn't see it ever happening. Ohio State is bad, solely because its camo, and Army isn't terrible, because they get a pass for camo. I actually like Army a lot.

spacer.png

Ohio State Camo with red visor.

oLejDUp.jpg

It's important to note when your helmet is sitting at an angle (such as in your template) that you need to rotate the angle of the decal. Notice this Auburn helmet:

auburnxphelmet.jpg

That will help your helmet to look more realistic. It will also help some of the decals fit on the helmet appropriately.

Contrary to others, I think the Northwestern helmet is very creative and has posibilities. I didn't believe their jersey with the chest stripes would be good, but it has looked alright, and I think the same is true with your helmet.

Maybe give the "N" logo a bit of an outline to separate it from the stripes more and fix the angle (rotation) of the stripes on the helmet.

also, i just want to add that all you did is make the helmet camo and slap the "O" logo on there.

what is the point of the camo? you've already done a camo concept with Army, stick to something more creative with a school who has generally had the same helmet design throughout their whole history

Archived