I was bored, and I decided to make a cardinals logo with only the head.

MY EDITS:

..Brightened red

..changed yellow a bit

..gave new eye (Louisville)

..bye navy, hello black!

..gave new wordmark (not sure about the font)

Fell free to leave C/C!!

NEWSTL_zpse5d258ba.jpg

can still see the navy peaking through in spots, the way you chopped off the head is very sloppy, looks like you just cropped the old the logo, and the wordmard doesn't work, looks like you just typed it out in word, the eye is very big and doesn't fit the face, you should make it about 75% smaller

Also, you gotta keep the navy. Been in the Cards' color scheme forever now. Plus making it black would make them look too much like their division rival: the Reds.

okay, i'll post a navy version in a bit. I made a few edits.....

Untitled-2_zps9c23c742.jpg

Ditch the wordmark for right now. Focus on the head and get rid of the cropped part on the bottom. It looks too lazy. Make it look more natural and less square. Navy looks tons better.

GO CARDS!!! use a less generic font and make it so it does not look cut off

Would look better if there was also an outline where you cut it of, it's still looking way to incomplete

And make it all on smooth cut off, now all my attention is going straight to that notch where the wing is

Hopefully this will be helpful. The Cardinals' official colors are as follows...

Red = Pantone 200

Navy = Pantone 289

Yellow = Pantone 108

I must add, I do like the "angrier" look of the eye!

Cheers!

This is nothing more than unnecessarily cutting off the head at a very awkward location. Then leaving the bottom of it looking unfinished. The eye change is minor and adds nothing to the logo. Seriously what's the purpose or use of this logo supposed to be for?

The fact that this "concept" has received some somewhat positive remarks shows that either the standards of the concept forum have decreased a lot more than realized or that they're just desperate for something that may resemble any type of effort. I feel bad for some of you decent "newbies" who have some valid interest and opinions on concepts that this is the crap you get to see and missed out on the absolutely amazing stuff that used to get posted here on a daily basis.

This is nothing more than unnecessarily cutting off the head at a very awkward location. Then leaving the bottom of it looking unfinished. The eye change is minor and adds nothing to the logo. Seriously what's the purpose or use of this supposed to be for?

The fact that this "concept" has received some somewhat positive remarks shows that either the standards of the concept forum have decreased a lot more than realized or that they're just desperate for something that may resemble any type of effort. I feel bad for some of you decent "newbies" who have some valid interest and opinions on concepts that this is the crap you get to see and missed out on the absolutely amazing stuff that used to get posted here on a daily basis.

Hey I was just trying to be nice and offer some constructive criticism. No, it's not that good but seeing as he's probably a beginner and it's damn hard to improve on the perfect set the Cards have now, I would cut him some slack. I think it would be interesting to see a concept with just the Cardinal's head. If done right.

Might I ask what program do you use?

This is nothing more than unnecessarily cutting off the head at a very awkward location. Then leaving the bottom of it looking unfinished. The eye change is minor and adds nothing to the logo. Seriously what's the purpose or use of this supposed to be for?

Hey I was just trying to be nice and offer some constructive criticism. No, it's not that good but seeing as he's probably a beginner and it's damn hard to improve on the perfect set the Cards have now, I would cut him some slack. I think it would be interesting to see a concept with just the Cardinal's head. If done right.

I don't believe I ever said your name. And if your last question is for me, I use Illustrator CS3.

I don't believe I ever said your name. And if your last question is for me, I use Illustrator CS3.

No you didn't. I just felt like making a point I guess. Hell I remember patsox's concepts. At least there's been people who have actually used the C&C and made themselves better designers. Myself included. There's always going to be those that just don't get it. Not saying you're one Jake3.roo. I dunno. Maybe I've just been away from the boards too long.

Also that last question was for Jake3.roo, sorry for the confusion.

I'm newer and even I've seen a major downgrade in terms of talent in the concepts section. If I'm not mistaken, his original concept literally took the St. Louis Cardinals bird head, recolored the navy outline black, and copied and pasted the Louisville eye, and then slapped on some generic wordmark to make sure we "knew" who it was for. That Jordy guy is taking old logos and removing parts of the logs an calling it a concept. This is barely any better.

I was bored, and I decided to make a cardinals logo with only the head.

MY EDITS:

..Brightened red

..changed yellow a bit

..gave new eye (Louisville)

..bye navy, hello black!

..gave new wordmark (not sure about the font)

Fell free to leave C/C!!

NEWSTL_zpse5d258ba.jpg

Usually I try to stay quiet on this stuff, but I have to agree with McCall on this. If people want to post quick concepts that took little thought, fine, but expect to get some harsh feedback. The thing is, now people are giving incredibly soft, I-don't-want-to-hurt-your-feelings feedback. It is just a cycle of people posting quick sloppy concepts, getting praised for it, then returning the praise to other quick sloppy concepts. Most of the time when I click on a concept now, I immediately click back wondering why I even bothered to look. When I first started here, my stuff was okay, but really unpolished, and it was honest feedback from people who knew what they were talking about that steered me in the right direction, even if I didn't necessarily like to hear it at that time.

Here is my feedback. Don't use the phrase "I decided to make a cardinal logo", when it was obviously not made by you. Anyone can crop an already existing logo into a boxy shape, slap on an eye (which has a different pixelation than the rest of the logo), and type a generic font in 30 seconds. Even if you only have MS Paint, you can still make your own lines and shapes.

here u go:

njlk_edited-1_zps757c8357.jpg

Even the concept itself isn't happy with this.