Logos that should swich colors on home, away, alt. uniforms

Rays

Even though all 4 pro leagues have home, away, and alternate jerseys, the logo on them is for the most part the same, no colors really swiches places, but sometimes it would look alot better if they did.

An example is the Chicago Bulls shorts, the bulls on the shorts disappear on the white and black shorts due to the red bull on a red background, should be a black bull insted imo

are there other uniforms where a logo would look better if the colors were reversed / different ?

Primary logos should remain the same color in all but the most extreme circumstances. It's your primary defining mark. The Maple Leafs would be an example of an extreme circumstance where it's ok to have a different primary logo dependent on background. Kinda sorta maybe a little the blues too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Primary logos should remain the same color in all but the most extreme circumstances. It's your primary defining mark. The Maple Leafs would be an example of an extreme circumstance where it's ok to have a different primary logo dependent on background. Kinda sorta maybe a little the blues too.

That is fairly common in hockey (historically, anyway) and it makes sense as it's often better than putting a circle around the logo or something. I suppose the flames could go black on both crests. The North Stars may have had more of a "Leafs" situation. It is probably less of an issue in other sports, though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

maybe not what you are looking for, but how about in 1990 when the falcons switch from red helmets to black helmets but kept the falcon logo black

The Falcons and their helmets were the first team that came to mind. The old logo looked so much better on the red helmet and the current one would, too.

The Mets did this during the black era.

Not sure I agree about the Bulls. I've seen plenty of Bulls merchandise with that faux throwback Windy City logo in black... doesn't do it for me.

Red on red is okay for a team whose playoff motto is "See Red."

Auburn has 3 different AU logos in sense of coloring.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The Bulls used to use a "negative" logo on their home shorts in the late 60s-70s (apologies for the crappy photo, I'll try and find a better one later):

Bulls1978.jpg

This?

1969-70ChicagoBullsMilwaukeeBucksProgram

No, it was a white bull with either red or black horns, depending on the season.

The Bulls used to use a "negative" logo on their home shorts in the late 60s-70s (apologies for the crappy photo, I'll try and find a better one later):

Bulls1978.jpg

This?

No, it was a white bull with either red or black horns, depending on the season.

Maybe this one?

61363a_lg.jpeg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Bulls1978.jpg

This?

Maybe this one?

61363a_lg.jpeg

I like that bulls. Logo

I don't like any Bulls logo that messes with the colors. Red on red may not be perfect, but it's better than anything else.

I also like the black C on the Flames jerseys. Probably an unpopular opinion, but red, yellow, and black looks better than just red and yellow if done right.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Bruins did it as recently as 1995. The logo was a black B with yellow spokes on the home jersey, a yellow B with black outlines and black spokes on the road jersey. The redesign of the logo for the 95-96 season eliminated the need for the color switch as the crest became equally visible on both home and road jerseys.

http://nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins25.html

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

thanks for the replys........... ah yes, the flames, the C should be white or yellow on the red jersey, right ?

it should be white with a gold and black border. I never like the black C, much prefer the white C on the red jersey.

You mean this?

fgc8vc9a6dtg9jui6ngih4udc.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

red, yellow, and black looks better than just red and yellow if done right.

Then the Flames are not doing it right.

I think this was the best the Flames have ever looked.

6432391.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived