Logos that should swich colors on home, away, alt. uniforms

Rays

red, yellow, and black looks better than just red and yellow if done right.

Then the Flames are not doing it right.

I think this was the best the Flames have ever looked.

6432391.jpg

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think this is the best the Flames have ever looked:

calgary-flames.jpg

Granted, I do like the red/yellow/black color scheme, it's just that Calgary looks infinitely better without the black. Also, the color flip on this crest could have been improved with a Northwestern-stripe style coloration (white-red-yellow).

6432391.jpg

yes and Home white version is just awesome......

Primary logos should remain the same color in all but the most extreme circumstances. It's your primary defining mark. The Maple Leafs would be an example of an extreme circumstance where it's ok to have a different primary logo dependent on background. Kinda sorta maybe a little the blues too.

There are lots of teams in college football that use a different-colored version of their primary logo on the most visible part of their uniform -- the helmet. I don't consider the helmet an extreme circumstance and I think all of these examples below are perfectly fine, and I wouldn't want to see all of these schools go primarily to white helmets only just to satisfy this "rule".

KYAcNOm.gifMt2Mpf3.gifuPtsm1r.gifCb0UcaV.gifPNSPJSy.gifkbZ9bcQ.gifjppsr8Y.gifGzyx3xf.gif

thanks for the replys........... ah yes, the flames, the C should be white or yellow on the red jersey, right ?

it should be white with a gold and black border. I never like the black C, much prefer the white C on the red jersey.

You mean this?

fgc8vc9a6dtg9jui6ngih4udc.gif

yes. I prefer that over the black C

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Primary logos should remain the same color in all but the most extreme circumstances. It's your primary defining mark. The Maple Leafs would be an example of an extreme circumstance where it's ok to have a different primary logo dependent on background. Kinda sorta maybe a little the blues too.

There are lots of teams in college football that use a different-colored version of their primary logo on the most visible part of their uniform -- the helmet. I don't consider the helmet an extreme circumstance and I think all of these examples below are perfectly fine, and I wouldn't want to see all of these schools go primarily to white helmets only just to satisfy this "rule".

KYAcNOm.gifMt2Mpf3.gifuPtsm1r.gifCb0UcaV.gifPNSPJSy.gifkbZ9bcQ.gifjppsr8Y.gifGzyx3xf.gif

Wisconsin being the exception

Yep, that's why I hate to see this:

BYU-Helmet2.jpg

When they should be using this:

BYU-Helmet3.jpg

Something about the negative white space in the first logo makes the logo seem a bit off.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

BYU-Helmet2.jpg

BYU-Helmet3.jpg

Something about the negative white space in the first logo makes the logo seem a bit off.

We all know that they should be using Royal Blue instead of Navy(or whatever color that is).

BYU-Helmet2.jpg

BYU-Helmet3.jpg

I just noticed that one part of the Y is larger than the other...great, I'll never look at that logo the same ever again...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

^^^

If the Y is based of a standard serif font (sort of looks like Clarendon without brackets on the serifs), then one arm of the Y will naturally be heavier than the other. So it's not a design flaw.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

^^^

If the Y is based of a standard serif font (sort of looks like Clarendon without brackets on the serifs), then one arm of the Y will naturally be heavier than the other. So it's not a design flaw.

Never meant to say it was a design flaw, just something I've never noticed before.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

When it comes to non-letter logos, the colors shouldn't be switched. We are accustomed to seeing the logo a certain way, and when the colors are switched, it has an awful photo-negative effect, such as with the white Bulls logo above. Put an outline around it or leave it as is on all backgrounds. I think switching the logo colors is only acceptable when it's letters or a wordmark. The Flames in the examples above don't lose anything in their brand from switching the colors of the C. The White Sox don't bastardize their brand having their logo in black on the white jersey, but in white on the caps and black jersey. Meanwhile, the Angels alts look like crap for being so cutesy "We're a red team LOLZ! We're so red we have red letters on our red jerseys!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The same color number/logo as background (cap/jersey) trend has to stop. Looks horrible. Thanks Anaheim Angels.

baseball_caps_Angels_5950.jpganaheim_angels_hat.jpg

I've always thought the one on the right was far superior, because it honors the Angels tradition of that cap color combination and because...well...it looks a lot better.

6432391.jpg

By a country mile... The current look is their worst in spite of having the same logo.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think this is the best the Flames have ever looked:

calgary-flames.jpg

Granted, I do like the red/yellow/black color scheme, it's just that Calgary looks infinitely better without the black. Also, the color flip on this crest could have been improved with a Northwestern-stripe style coloration (white-red-yellow).

This is one of the best sweaters in NHL History.

Archived