Random logos by Mr. Nascar - New Bull Logo WIP

LAWeaver

Been busy lately making logos for my multiple personal series. It's been a while since I've posted something concept-wise, so I thought I would post a logo for gits and shiggles. This logo is for a team called the Cleveland Walleye from my United Hockey League.

MNGzq1P.png

Here's my reference picture:

walleye.jpg

Feedback is welcome. May just post some other logos I've made for the league as well.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Welcome back Mr Nascar, some of the Black lines are a little funky. I get you are trying to break up the parts of the fish. Interested to see how this progresses.

Thanks mojo. For the record, it's a dark brown, but I see what you're saying. I tried to trace the major parts of the fish but with a migraine and a laptop screen whose brightness suddenly won't adjust... That's a bad combination and calls for an early bed time :/

I will definitely work on it but probably won't be able to work on it much tomorrow. We were invited to a friend's house for a cookout tomorrow evening and we're having a lock-in with my youth group, so from 2 tomorrow through about 8:30 Monday I won't be near my laptop.

Anyone else? Other logos I may post include

a penguin,

a fleur de lis,

an update to my OKC Wolves logo from the UFA thread,

a moose

A Boston terrier

An owl

And much more

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry guys, I haven't forgotten about this. Here is an updated version of the Cleveland Walleye Logo:

ev4mgOx.png

If this isn't any better, I'll do a hand-drawn version and trace it on my CPU.

Speaking of which, I have been doing just that for the past couple of weeks. For instance, here is my Costa Rica concept crest for when I was (shortly) in the Concept World Cup Contest:

Hand-Drawn (BEFORE) :

HuQxAxR.png

AFTER:

6xqS5Xa.png

I hope to have the kits up sometime soon, but I think I'll wait a while until the CWC is over to post the full package. In case you are wondering, the 7 stars come straight off of the Costa Rican Flag from the shield:

WJCoQba.png

My original idea was to make a crest in the shape of the shield, but when I "blew it up", it was way too blurry to use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are a couple more logos from my hockey series that started out as hand-drawn logos:

DALLAS BULLS

Before:

wdjRcIu.png

After:

7oSr3vx.png

FLORIDA STORM

Before:

vWxCB3b.png

AFter:

dxHa3sH.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a sneak peak at my next project:

0oSJRUQ.png

Any thoughts on these? I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks for stopping by!

(PS: NO, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN DOING A COLLABORATION PROJECT OF ANY KIND)

That's a real nice Costa Rica logo, mr. nascar.

I like your Florida Storm concept also, except that the lines are a little all over the place.

I think it would look better if the horizontal lines were parallel, and the lines on the right side of the vertical upright of the "F" lined up.

I also liked the very slight curve on the lightning bolt that your sketch had.

Good efforts here.

That's a real nice Costa Rica logo, mr. nascar.

I like your Florida Storm concept also, except that the lines are a little all over the place.

I think it would look better if the horizontal lines were parallel, and the lines on the right side of the vertical upright of the "F" lined up.

I also liked the very slight curve on the lightning bolt that your sketch had.

Good efforts here.

Now this is some good feedback. Thanks sparky, I really appreciate it.

I will definitely go back to the Florida logo. At the time, I had tried dozens of times to incorporate the the bolt into the F, so when I completed it, I practically said 'good enough'. I will work on it for sure

Yeah, the bull was also challenging. I had a tough time finding a reference image online of a charging bull that didn't have someone being gored during the Running of the Bulls in Spain, or the gold statue commemorating the event. So, I decided to go based off of memory and sorta wing it.

I'll get to updates ASAP. I have testing today to get into a University (had this same Flippin test and couple years ago at another school; long story) as well as a summer PE class (whoever was the genius who added homework to Summer PE should be fired)

IMO, your Costa Rica & Florida Storm logos are good to go, aside from the slight mod Sparky mentioned. Nice work on those!

A few things I see with your Bulls logo...you have the ear behind the horn which I think is making it look a bit off, the star inside

the eye is kinda small, try using the star alone as the eye. The nose ring could probably be enlarged just a bit more. Use pics &

other logos of bulls for reference, they will help you develope your logos details, proportion & assist you when adding shadows/highlights.

It's obvious you can draw, use that to your advantage! Take the time when drawing out your designs to fine tune them on paper.

(you have that ability) Never be in a hurry to take them into your art program. I know that's easier said than done sometimes,

we're all anxious to put our work out for everyone to see at one point or another but the results will be better & better recieved IMHO.

Asking for C&C on your sketches/drawings is just as good as asking for it on your digital copy. Looking forward to seeing

these develope. Good Luck!

IMO, your Costa Rica & Florida Storm logos are good to go, aside from the slight mod Sparky mentioned. Nice work on those!

A few things I see with your Bulls logo...you have the ear behind the horn which I think is making it look a bit off, the star inside

the eye is kinda small, try using the star alone as the eye. The nose ring could probably be enlarged just a bit more. Use pics &

other logos of bulls for reference, they will help you develope your logos details, proportion & assist you when adding shadows/highlights.

It's obvious you can draw, use that to your advantage! Take the time when drawing out your designs to fine tune them on paper.

(you have that ability) Never be in a hurry to take them into your art program. I know that's easier said than done sometimes,

we're all anxious to put our work out for everyone to see at one point or another but the results will be better & better recieved IMHO.

Asking for C&C on your sketches/drawings is just as good as asking for it on your digital copy. Looking forward to seeing

these develope. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot ren! I really appreciate the feedback!This will surely help in my updates!

Here is an inside look at the new Dallas Bulls logo:

ckiKHUS.png

I do realize there are a few things that need cleaned up a tad, but when I trace over it, it'll be symmetrical.

Anything need changed before I send I start phase 2 of the process?

the fact that u can do this in paint is amazing..if only everyone that uses panit can do this...the thing that sucks is that curved and diagonal lines are rough using paint, but not that big of a deal...

on the most recent bulls logo, the end of the mouth/snout looks weird to me, ifeel like its missing something..that might just be me though

It's not really that hard to do in paint. My biggest tip to all my fellow "Painters" is to not use the brush tool and, for your outer most outlines, use the thickest level of line possible

As for your critique: I think I see what you mean. Don't worry though. I hope to do some justice to it in the conversion process

Hey Mr. Nascar,

I see your redoing your bulls logo. First thing I see is the horns seem to be coming out from the top of it's head & pointing straight up, not enough forehead space. Like I mentioned before, get you some photos/logos of bull heads to help you out with the anatomy. They really come in handy! looking forward to seeing this progress. good luck!

Archived