Orlando Thunder Logo

EJ_Barlik

Well, ok - have to admit there is a lot of junk you can find out on the web. And then there are some gems. I finally found a credible, decent-sized picture of the Orlando Thunder helmet logo. I noticed CCSL didn't have it, so I am linking to it/posting here. Also on the host site, there is a ton of reference material for placement, etc. Hopefully, this can be added to CCSL. I'm not 100% worried about the colors as we can have someone clean it up to be accurate. But at least this is close.

91thunderlogo.gif

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

had never seen this logo before....was apparently for the 11th "practice squad" team so if anyone got injured, they just sent them directly to the team with the injury

TeamDallaslogoblk.jpg.w300h250.jpg

I made these last year.

WLAF_zpsde33e4c3.png

A few of these aren't correct. Montreal had light red/navy/light red helmet stripes, the NY/NJ Knights helmet was a traditional silver with gold/black/gold helmet stripes, your Thunder decal look like it glows in the dark, and the San Antonio helmet had white/gold/white stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've got official vector versions of these...I'll try to post them on my blog.

...oh, and color-wise, all of these swatches represent the official Pantone colors:

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/TeamColors/Football_Outdoor/WorldLeagueOfAmericanFootball/WorldLeagueOfAmericanFootball.htm

ok cool. look forward to it.

I've seen the swatches of the color palates...there were definitely some unusual combos in the WLAF

Those giant facemask were popular for awhile in the 90's. Anthony Munoz wore that style almost his whole career.

They were called the World League mask, and while a few NFL players wore them (Reggie White also wore it for a couple of seasons) it didn't catch on. I can't even think of a skill player who wore one

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

had never seen this logo before....was apparently for the 11th "practice squad" team so if anyone got injured, they just sent them directly to the team with the injury

TeamDallaslogoblk.jpg.w300h250.jpg

I have never heard of this "Team Dallas" before... obscure and fascinating.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I hated those facemasks.

My middle school had two options - the thick plastic facemasks with the bar in the middle or the thick plastic facemasks without the bar. Hard to say which looked less goofy. Our helmets looked just like the Texas State Armadillos in Necessary Roughness without the logo decals. Kelly green with white plastic facemasks.

0.jpg

I ended up playing cornerback with the lineman's facemask and it bothered me the whole season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived