Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) Branding

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a question:

If this league is successful, do they still call it the Fall Experimental Football League or do they change the name five years from now? Is it still experimental at that point?

Oh, also the logo is generic and uncreative. I'll be surprised if this league fields a single team.

mainescarf.png

The logo itself isn't bad. It gets the job done and it at least looks professionally done, but that acronym is a mouth full. Hard to transition the tongue from letter to letter at normal speed.

Anyway, the last minor league football league to even be remotely succesful in the US was the World League. Rather than force another failed football league venture, I'd like to see a legitimate arena league return. That's a sport that had a following, and I would think there is a market out there for it. Some teams had NBANHL attendance numbers of 15,000 fans a game.

EDIT: I just checked my facts and I wouldn't even say the World League was succesful. Only lasted two seasons before becoming NFL Europe.

Well jaha, the Arena league got itself back on ESPN this year, so there's that at least. Far as these FXFL people, the logo's okay, but playing in the fall...um, yeah, good luck with that, fellas. Trying to make football a spectator sport in India seems like a brilliant idea in comparison (considering I thought that was [is?] a mind-bogglingly idiotic venture). I have to wonder if at any point, the thought "Gee, this 'fall season' business might not be such a great idea" ever registered. :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The logo itself isn't bad. It gets the job done and it at least looks professionally done, but that acronym is a mouth full. Hard to transition the tongue from letter to letter at normal speed.

Anyway, the last minor league football league to even be remotely succesful in the US was the World League. Rather than force another failed football league venture, I'd like to see a legitimate arena league return. That's a sport that had a following, and I would think their is a market out there for it. Some teams had NBANHL attendance numbers of 15,000 fans a game.

EDIT: I just checked my facts and I wouldn't even say the World League was succesful. Only lasted two seasons before becoming NFL Europe.

That's just because the NFL attached their branding to the league to give it more appeal. The NFL always was teh force behind the World League so it's not like they had to reach out and change due to sponsorship. I think if the NFL ever branded a minorleague system, it'd go over like gang busters. Places would bend over backwards to get a piece of the shield.

• 2 months later...

The first team identity for an FXFL member-franchise has surfaced. The league's Omaha, Nebraska-based team has been dubbed the Omaha Mammoths.

53d9ac54f3be9.image.jpg

53d9ad354cb0f.image.jpg

53d9ad7907054.image.jpg

53d9bc6b91c42.image.jpg

53d9adae0db2f.image.jpg

The logos were designed by Dane Storrutsen of Soulcake Creative and Gridiron Labs. You may recall that Storrutsen was responsible for creating the identity systems for the A11FL's Bay Area Sea Lions, Chicago Staggs, Dallas Wranglers, and New Jersey Generals.

Mammoths Omaha.

Not one down they shall play.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I could do without the 'notches' in the O, make it a cleaner shape. Also, what the hell's with the orange of the O bleeding out along the tops of the the tusks?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I could do without the 'notches' in the O, make it a cleaner shape. Also, what the hell's with the orange of the O bleeding out along the tops of the the tusks?

Thats actually a good question. At first I thought it was supposed to be shading on the top of the tusks, but looking at it now I see that it's not.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Mammoths look good.

If you go to http://www.fxfl.com/ they now appear to have a different (better) league logo than the one at the top of this thread.

According to one of the video links on that website, the Mammoths will play a six-game schedule this fall. If that's the case, then they'd better start unveiling teams, venues, and schedules at a rapid pace.

The Mammoths look good.

If you go to http://www.fxfl.com/ they now appear to have a different (better) league logo than the one at the top of this thread.

According to one of the video links on that website, the Mammoths will play a six-game schedule this fall. If that's the case, then they'd better start unveiling teams, venues, and schedules at a rapid pace.

I wonder what the 5 stars represent? The 5 teams they'll announce but never play a down?

New league logo is wayyy better. Even though now I feel like this league is run by the FX Network.

Perhaps they're unvieling just one more team for the fall and they'll do a barnstorming tour like the Arena League did when it started. Or the Mammoths will play another local semi-pro team. Just so the league can gage interest in other cities.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

New league logo is wayyy better. Even though now I feel like this league is run by the FX Network.

Perhaps they're unvieling just one more team for the fall and they'll do a barnstorming tour like the Arena League did when it started. Or the Mammoths will play another local semi-pro team. Just so the league can gage interest in other cities.

Or maybe the FXX network, seeing as it's comical to have a minor league playing in the Fall in this country. College Football and NFL dominate Thursday through Monday. What's left? Tuesday and Wednesday? Good luck with that.

Archived