Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL) Branding

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last of the 4 inaugural FXFL franchises, the Boston Brawlers, have revealed their primary logo. I like the use of the football shape as a framing element, but something about the swooping neck of the brawler just bugs me. I prefer the full logo with the wordmark as it covers part of the neck up.

image005.jpg

10624648_864952360181950_843200066459788

• 1 month later...

Omaha and Boston are playing on ESPN3 right now if anyone is interested!

Both teams have generic adidas uniforms with no NOBs. Omaha's wearing a matte grey helmet, blue jersey with orange numbers, and blue pants. Boston is in a matte blue or charcoal helmet (hard to tell), white jersey with blue numbers, and blue pants.

Tajh Boyd and Jordan Jefferson are the starting QBs.

Both teams have generic adidas uniforms with no NOBs. Omaha's wearing a matte grey helmet, blue jersey with orange numbers, and blue pants. Boston is in a matte blue or charcoal helmet (hard to tell), white jersey with blue numbers, and blue pants.

This is really fun to watch.

Boston was wearing a matte navy (with grey tones) helmet. Clearly the FXFL is holding off on spending money on customized uniforms until they get the NFL to bite. These are pretty generic uniforms. They don't look bad, they just look plain. Omaha would have been better with grey pants, but they probably couldn't get a generic grey that matched the helmets, so they went with the navy. I expect Brooklyn to look exactly the same next week with black/yellow instead of blue/orange. I get it, going cheap, maybe the NFL bites and agrees to help cover the costs of a startup D league if the FXFL does well this year.

The product on the field looked pretty good last night. It would have been nice to see them spend a little more on marketing (to fill the stands) and on the uniforms, but if all they are doing is hosting exhibition games for the NFL to decide if they will invest or not, I imagine this works just fine for them.

Honestly I'd give Omaha's uniforms a 9/10. Only thing I didn't like about Omaha was that there was no trace of grey in the jersey & pants that corresponded with the helmet

Boston's... Ehhh a terrible 4/10... They just looked horribly generic compared to Omaha

They were the same uniform? How can one be a 9 and the other a 4?

Omaha: Navy jersey with no stripes, logos or patches, city name in a generic font and generic numbers in orange with white trim. Navy pants with no stripes, logos, etc.

Boston; White jersey with no stripes, logos or patches, city name in a generic font and generic numbers in blue with red trim. Navy pants with no stripes, logos, etc.

Just wait until Omaha and Boston play in Boston. I can almost guarantee they will look exactly the same, but in reverse, with Omaha in white and Boston in navy.

I think the FXFL went generic to save money. What I hope is that they survive for a season 2, add some new teams, get NFL backing and have the funds to actually create signature looks for each team instead of cookiecutter uniforms.

They were the same uniform? How can one be a 9 and the other a 4?

Omaha: Navy jersey with no stripes, logos or patches, city name in a generic font and generic numbers in orange with white trim. Navy pants with no stripes, logos, etc.

Boston; White jersey with no stripes, logos or patches, city name in a generic font and generic numbers in blue with red trim. Navy pants with no stripes, logos, etc.

Just wait until Omaha and Boston play in Boston. I can almost guarantee they will look exactly the same, but in reverse, with Omaha in white and Boston in navy.

I think the FXFL went generic to save money. What I hope is that they survive for a season 2, add some new teams, get NFL backing and have the funds to actually create signature looks for each team instead of cookiecutter uniforms.

All I'm saying is that the jerseys looked like 2 totally different templates(? I guess that's what they're called). Omaha's reminded me of a college uniform while Boston's reminded me of a cheap high school uniform. And I'm pretty sure nowhere on the uniform did it say "BOSTON"

All I'm saying is that the jerseys looked like 2 totally different templates(? I guess that's what they're called). Omaha's reminded me of a college uniform while Boston's reminded me of a cheap high school uniform. And I'm pretty sure nowhere on the uniform did it say "BOSTON"

I noticed the same. The Boston uniforms looked baggier, like many HS uniforms. Definitely didn't have "BOSTON" on them either, which was odd given that the Mammoths had "OMAHA" on theirs.

That said, if the Brawlers' home unis look a little more professional, and they happen to add "BOSTON" to it, then I might actually be inclined to purchase one.

543621681f850.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C65

spacer.png

Boston might have looked like black & red on initial logo posts, but they are navy & red. I had not noticed the Omaha helmet stripes, but they are backwards (from the design to the actual helmet). It is odd since on the actual FXFL website they use the helmet images on the schedule, and on those images it is more of a Bronco style (point in front, widening to back). I wonder if someone messed up applying the decals or if the decals did not align properly when placed on the helmets the right way.

There is a lot of half-way, not quite right, not quite ready for prime time with the FXFL uniforms in general. The kind of thing I hope they can fix if not this season, then by a theoretical season 2.

Archived