My NBA Graphic Design. Burks-to-Bucks Jersey switch added

R3G

I just decided to try out posting here, I've looked around here for a couple weeks now and I like it. I downloaded some templates and more. But anyways, I got time free today on memorial day to try out making something, and I want some feedback.

V1
14255113886_042c6b584e_o.png
V2.
14279144674_02f0f28ba2_o.png

V3.

14093215560_80eb5d910c_o.png

Wallpaper.

14093094959_69b19eeaa7_o.png

My Cut.

14275163811_e2e33d5ae7_o.png

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice man, definatly nice stuff..this stuff is my specialty....look at my thread on some stuff like this..i really like this style and heyyyyyy collab on something maybe?? cuz not many people put designs like this on the board..im more of a custom cover man tho...and future unis,....this is a concept...this is a design concept on a portriat kind of

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98522-vnardellas-graphics-wiggins-cavs-sherman-madden/#entry2229350

Yeah, I wasn't sure, because in the General Design section, it says everything not sports...

yea but this is a concept section not a design section.

nice man, definatly nice stuff..this stuff is my specialty....look at my thread on some stuff like this..i really like this style and heyyyyyy collab on something maybe?? cuz not many people put designs like this on the board..im more of a custom cover man tho...and future unis,....this is a concept...this is a design concept on a portriat kind of

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98522-vnardellas-graphics-wiggins-cavs-sherman-madden/#entry2229350

Um, thanks, but what are you asking??

signature.png

Yeah! Of course!! Those covers are so sweet! Mind if you could teach me after we collaborate on a design? I probably wont be able to do the design collab today, but maybe a day I'm free from work.

also..bunch of my work is here too..if u need help im here for u!!

(no mean to hijack thread, just happy to see someone like u on here)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100837959@N03/

oh my bad..i was asking if u wanted to do a collab on a design?? we could make a sick one

signature.png

Welcome aboard, I like the start of this, but there are a few things I think could be improved upon.

First, there isn't enough movement with the effect you used. I think this is created in two places. The disintegration of George's uniform is cool, but I think it should be disintegrating to the right more to show his explosive movement towards the basket. As of right now it just sort of hanging there. The second place is in the background. You have the blur going both left and right (It's very noticeable on the player in the background). I'd also change this so the blur is going right to amplify George's movement to the basket.

Second, The lighting seems a bit off on this, particularly on the hoop. I don't know if the background is too dark, or if the backboard/rim is too bright, but it kind of draws my eyes away from George himself, who should be the main focus of the image. I'd just say tweak the lighting around a little bit.

Once again though, it is a good start, and I think you could come up with something that is really nice if you keep tweaking.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

yea but this is a concept section not a design section.

Just stop posting please. This is a forum where people can enhance their design skills, and this is a perfectly good thread to have here.

Seriously, you've been here short than I have and you're acting like you're a moderator. A lot of player designs pop up on the concept board, they're concepts. You posted a similar thing on my thread when I've already posted a hand drawn series. You seem like a nice guy and every thing, but I would lay off a bit until you observe and learn some things.

(I did roam for over a year before joining)

Welcome aboard, I like the start of this, but there are a few things I think could be improved upon.

First, there isn't enough movement with the effect you used. I think this is created in two places. The disintegration of George's uniform is cool, but I think it should be disintegrating to the right more to show his explosive movement towards the basket. As of right now it just sort of hanging there. The second place is in the background. You have the blur going both left and right (It's very noticeable on the player in the background). I'd also change this so the blur is going right to amplify George's movement to the basket.

Second, The lighting seems a bit off on this, particularly on the hoop. I don't know if the background is too dark, or if the backboard/rim is too bright, but it kind of draws my eyes away from George himself, who should be the main focus of the image. I'd just say tweak the lighting around a little bit.

Once again though, it is a good start, and I think you could come up with something that is really nice if you keep tweaking.

Yeah, I made the background darker, so you could see the splash effects better, but I may have overdone it, and the outcome is that it looks like poor lighting. As for the disintegration and movement in the effects, I agree, and I'll be sure to not forget to show movement in my stuff.

signature.png

first bit of help...theres a lot of similarities between what we do, so i know i can help

start to get famaliar with the pen tool, it will make cuts a lot better

when ur done with ur cut, go to image>trim

I'm not really sure how to use the pen tool on cutting, but I'll look up a tutorial on youtube.

signature.png

Oh and if anyone wants the cut (yes, I did do it myself) Here it is:

14276397092_3eb71f5962_o.png

That cut is flawless man, great work with the selection. I don't think this guy needs any help from anyone with the pen tool haha.

thanks! I actually cut out the hoop too, IDK why i didn't post that with it originally.14275163811_e2e33d5ae7_o.png

signature.png

Archived