RBL- Hand Drawn Baseball Concept League

rykochristie

I have had his fictional concept league for about two years. I will be posting photobucket files of my teams' jerseys and logos. Right now there are 24 teams, and there is a possible expansion at the end of the 2014 season to 30 teams. This is the Rylandian Baseball League!

The NL- Bree Shockwave, Orland Orions, Salvatore City Spartans, Jecoaca Justice, Coldwater Cannonballs, Sanjangle Swordfighters, Rajcek Royals, Koya Kryptonite, San Niño Slashers, Skyblue MetroTigers, St. Sean Slammers, Phosphorus Valley Cherries

The RL- Azure City Armada, Lavlavil Lava, Shefford Sheriffs, Lemoncoppy Lightning, Glymack Glory, Tarnik Torpedoes, Finitopia Flames, Earthmont Epicools, Great Towers Gremlins, San Pablo Pueblo, Trio City TriplePlays, DelCarmen Diablos

I will be posting the league set-up, team colors, and backstory sometime this week. Feel free to leave your thoughts on the team names. I will also be posting player names with the teams, I need a little help on that.

Fear the future, envy the past

I would have to agree with the "moods" of these names; very minor league-y as said by mamiller99. I could live with some names, such as the Armada, the Diablos, the Orions, and the Spartans. But the rest, I feel is just not appropriate for major league baseball (some names are alright for the majors, but just not in baseball).

And I'll be happy to help guide you in your hand-drawn concepts! Feel free to use my thread for inspiration!

Is there any history or culture to these cities or did you just chose them for pure alliteration? In TheGiantsFan thread, he uses the culture of the city and history of the region to name his teams. Which, by the way, is a masterful idea when creating a country concept league. Develope the country before the league is my advice.

Is there any history or culture to these cities or did you just chose them for pure alliteration? In TheGiantsFan thread, he uses the culture of the city and history of the region to name his teams. Which, by the way, is a masterful idea when creating a country concept league. Develope the country before the league is my advice.

I actually have thoroughly developed the country. I will do backstories to explain some of the names. I will have the team colors up either tonight or tomorrow. I have been busy with exams.

For those who are saying the names are minor league... Any suggestions for new names?

I just saw one name that stood out to me, the "Epicools"? Yikes. Names don't have to be an alliterations.

Yeah. That is the one I want to change the most. I came up with that when I was 8 and I still have no idea what it means.

And I just prefer alliteration.

I would have to agree with the "moods" of these names; very minor league-y as said by mamiller99. I could live with some names, such as the Armada, the Diablos, the Orions, and the Spartans. But the rest, I feel is just not appropriate for major league baseball (some names are alright for the majors, but just not in baseball).

And I'll be happy to help guide you in your hand-drawn concepts! Feel free to use my thread for inspiration!

I love your concept league. I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't seen your thread.

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/rbcyankee/media/imagejpg1_zps659b33bc.jpg.html

http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/rbcyankee/media/imagejpg2_zps91ca51f0.jpg.html

Team colors!!

Also... Any name suggestions for Earthmont?

Next time just copy the IMG link and post it.

Sorry I didn't see that until I had already posted the colors...

Glad to see that I have inspired many others to begin hand-drawn series!

Interesting colors you got there; should be fun for you to work with. Kinda like mine, which made for some pretty awesome team identities, in my opinion.

Can't wait!

While reading through your thread again, I realized you had a team called the armada. I too have an Armada. I did not know of your thread when I created the RBL. I didn't steal your idea :)

Nah, I'm totally fine with your use of the Armada name. That name wasn't actually my original team name for the Marina Bay baseball team, rather a suggestion from someone on this board. (The original name was the Marina Bay Lizards)

Which leads me to another tip: I'll honestly say again that I kinda don't like the minor-league feel of your team names, so I recommend that maybe you let us help out with making your team names sound more realistic, a few teams at a time. Since you say that you've already "built up" your country, you could just tell us the background behind a city and that way, we can help you with suggestions on more realistic names. That's how I ended up with some of my teams, such as the Armada and the Hearts.

Hope this can help!

Archived