NFL Concepts by Redsoxboi18

Redsoxboi18

and rounding off the East will be the Eagles. Since Coach Kelly went there i have been wondering if the Eagles are going to make a change. So I went all out with the Eagles and reinvented their image whilst keeping the logo but changing a few aspects of it. The wings on the shoulders, the reworked striping pattern on the pants and i am also a huge fan of the kelly green uniforms of the past. so in a sense i feel like i mixed a bit of old school, current school, and some new school as well. i hope i captured a sense of that with the Eagles. this is what i wanted to attain.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D5_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D4_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D3_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D2_zps

The wings on the Philadelphia Eagle concept look similar to the Oregon Ducks jersey. Very nice and I like this concept.

598.gifwnyd2zhh84f50ux4uxyqbktbh.gifdmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif4dabos08gqreuybxd3bu.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Eagles except for the black jersey. I'd like to see a silver jersey paired with silver pants!

The Rams look incredible, exactly what they should be wearing.

Seattle is a giant improvement over the jumbled mess they have now. You've fixed them.

87Redskins.png

You've just destroyed every tradition that the Cards unis have, to the point where I have to make a list.

1. Though you hate are current unis, we got to a super bowl in them. Keep that in mind

2. We have had a grey facemask since the dawn of mankind

3. our logo is an update of a classic bird that we've had for a while.

4. Look back at our uniform history, if this concept didn't say cardinals on it. It would be a Falcons concept

I'm not trying to sound harsh. And I like a lot of your work here. But when making a concept for a team that has been around since 1898 keep some history in mind. I'm sure you would do this for the Packers or some other historic franchise. And you've just shown this with your 49ers concept. Just because we don't have a winning history doesn't mean we don't have one.

These are quite good for a first concept series. I think you'll develop well.

However, I don't like the fact that a lot of these logos are essentially stolen. I know that you don't intend to plagiarize other people's work, but when you use another person's work, you need to cite it specifically. For example, your Rams logo was created by Max O'Brien. You can compare your logo with Max's below. (It would make for a very challenging Spot the Difference). Your Redskins logo was another example. I don't remember the original creator, but it is extremely similar to something I've seen before. The bottom line is that you're not just taking inspiration from other logos, and if you're using other people's logos outright, you need to give specific credit.

ST.-LOUIS-RAMS.jpg

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

However, I don't like the fact that a lot of these logos are essentially stolen. I know that you don't intend to plagiarize other people's work, but when you use another person's work, you need to cite it specifically. For example, your Rams logo was created by Max O'Brien. You can compare your logo with Max's below. (It would make for a very challenging Spot the Difference). Your Redskins logo was another example. I don't remember the original creator, but it is extremely similar to something I've seen before. The bottom line is that you're not just taking inspiration from other logos, and if you're using other people's logos outright, you need to give specific credit.

ST.-LOUIS-RAMS.jpg

Thank you for this. As I've said I will not take credit for logos I didn't create. I just don't know the names of the creators. As I said when I posted the rams logo I take no credit for it. It's a beautiful logo. The same could be said for the redskins as I used the same artist for inspiration and made my own mods for it. So now that I know the name of the artist I give total credit to the man for creating those beautiful logos. I clearly stated at the beginning I was inspired by a lot of different artists.

It was clearly stated that I was not trying to steal anybody's work. I'm an artist by profession and when I use others art I definitely give credit where it is due. So please understand that.

ST.-LOUIS-RAMS.jpg

Thank you for this. As I've said I will not take credit for logos I didn't create. I just don't know the names of the creators. As I said when I posted the rams logo I take no credit for it. It's a beautiful logo. The same could be said for the redskins as I used the same artist for inspiration and made my own mods for it. So now that I know the name of the artist I give total credit to the man for creating those beautiful logos. I clearly stated at the beginning I was inspired by a lot of different artists.

It was clearly stated that I was not trying to steal anybody's work. I'm an artist by profession and when I use others art I definitely give credit where it is due. So please understand that.

You did say this, but if you are going to take others' logos, I think you should at least do your best to find who made them. Take a little bit of the time you are saving by using someone else's logo to search through threads until you find who it is. Saying, "someone else made this logo, but I don't know who" isn't really satisfactorily giving credit. Give people a name (and a link to their thread); if you don't know who it is, find it.

award%20sig.png

I've really been enjoying these so far. I did a "Flying Elvis" Patriot logo, replacing the silver face with flesh-tone. I like your use of it in your original Pats logo.

My only criticisms are, 1. the Raiders new logo it looks like the pirate is puckering up and making a bit of a "kiss" face, and 2. the Eagles helmet logo seems a bit too large. But these are really impressive! I wish I had 10% of your artistic talents and abilities and look forward to seeing the rest.

The Seahawks look is totally off the charts to me! Superb!!!

You should read what I said a few posts up. I said exactly what you're saying. Lol

Ah, yes. I see the Redskins now. Sorry. And I wasn't trying to call you out. I saw you are not trying to take credit; I get it. It was simply meant as a FYI. I was actually just about to edit my post to mention the "FYI" aspect.

You are doing some great work with these uniforms, by the way. I'm enjoying the series. I am getting anxious to see the Bears, though.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

ST.-LOUIS-RAMS.jpg

You did say this, but if you are going to take others' logos, I think you should at least do your best to find who made them. Take a little bit of the time you are saving by using someone else's logo to search through threads until you find who it is. Saying, "someone else made this logo, but I don't know who" isn't really satisfactorily giving credit. Give people a name (and a link to their thread); if you don't know who it is, find it.
Which is why I asked for help. Listen, I'm no thief if you choose to believe that it's on you. Any logo I post which isn't my original design I clearly say so. So I'd appreciate if the badgering would stop. I gave Max O'Brian the credit as 99.99% of both logos are his. I even stated I needed help finding the people responsible for such awesome logos and when that happened I gave complete and total credit to the artist responsible. Sometimes you don't have time to sit there for hours and research a name and ask for help in finding the people who are responsible for making great logos. I work full time, have a 2nd job, go to school for my masters, and I have a newborn to take care of so if you're going to badger me for this it's your right to do so but this will be the last I speak about this.
You should read what I said a few posts up. I said exactly what you're saying. Lol

Ah, yes. I see the Redskins now. Sorry. And I was trying to call you out. I saw you are not trying to take credit; I get it. It was simply meant as a FYI. I was actually just about to edit my post to mention the "FYI" aspect.

You are doing some great work with these uniforms, by the way. I'm enjoying the series. I am getting anxious to see the Bears, though.

No worries. I'll be honest in saying I really didn't mess with the bears. Haha. Too much history behind the uniforms.

and rounding off the East will be the Eagles. Since Coach Kelly went there i have been wondering if the Eagles are going to make a change. So I went all out with the Eagles and reinvented their image whilst keeping the logo but changing a few aspects of it. The wings on the shoulders, the reworked striping pattern on the pants and i am also a huge fan of the kelly green uniforms of the past. so in a sense i feel like i mixed a bit of old school, current school, and some new school as well. i hope i captured a sense of that with the Eagles. this is what i wanted to attain.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D5_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D4_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D3_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000D2_zps

The wings on the Philadelphia Eagle concept look similar to the Oregon Ducks jersey. Very nice and I like this concept.

Thank you. I like my eagles concept although I'm going to change the black jersey to grey.

so moving on to the NFC North. much like the AFC North i feel like the have a very traditional set of teams therefore i really didnt want to change much with them, especially the Bears and Packers. there are some modern twists in them of course but i tried to keep the main parts that keep them in a state of not much change. hope you all like what i bring to the table. Im going to start with the Bears

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F1_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F0_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000EF_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000EE_zps

next up are the Packers. just a few minor tweaks here not much to change IMO they have a really great set. i did change the pattern around the collar and got rid of the white in the helmet striping. i also gave them a new font and added a green set of pants to the mix

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000FA_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F9_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F8_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F7_zps

following the Packers is the Lions. i really like the current set they have but again made a few minor tweaks that i hope dont deter from the overall image the Lions have. i also introduced a Grey alternate to the set as well. i can see that alot of people arent crazy about the blackout type of uniforms ive made in the past. but the lions use a silver/grey alternate color and felt it would be appropriate to introduce the grey alternate to their set

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F5_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F4_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F3_zps00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000000F2_zps

Archived