Jaker52's MLB expansion and relocation series (Oregon)

jaker52

Which should I do next  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well some of you may have seen my troubled soccer attempts. I realized they didn't work well because I was not familiar with the sport. I will watch some soccer, get to know it better, and come back to that later. In the meantime, I will work on a sport that is familiar to me, baseball. I am a die hard Cads fan and I play baseball myself, so I feel ready for this. I didn't want to rebrand because that gets boring so instead I will do an extreme and somewhat unrealistic series of MLB expansions.

The series will start with one new team to each of the current leagues. I have one of them ready and the other one still lacks a city and a name. After that, I will relocate one team. For the job I will choose a current MLB team and move them to another city. The team that best fits the job is one that has a small fan base and is overshadowed by other nearby teams. I will use polls to determine ideal cities to use and teams to leave their cities.

Next is the big part. I will; add a new league that will get a name and logo. The league will have sixteen teams like the others and should consist of several international teams. Most of the inspiration will come from the host site.

Here is our first team, The Salt Lake Shoshone based in Salt Lake City. The mascot is based off the Native American tribe that once roamed the salt lake valley. The colors are inspired by the landscape of the area with the deep blue lake and the rugged mountains. This team will play in the National League.

Home Uniform:

salt_lake_home.jpg

Road:

salt_lake_road.jpg

Alternate:

salt_lake_alternate.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this is very bad (and I just got chewed out for complaining how bad a 6 year old paint job on BP caps was). But my suggestion would be to think about the placket. Think about the split right down the middle of the jersey. You don't see many teams have very little of a letter inside the piping (like in your SALT LAKE tops) and for you script tops, think about how that would split apart the entire script. It's minor, but can make a difference.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I don't think this is very bad (and I just got chewed out for complaining how bad a 6 year old paint job on BP caps was). But my suggestion would be to think about the placket. Think about the split right down the middle of the jersey. You don't see many teams have very little of a letter inside the piping (like in your SALT LAKE tops) and for you script tops, think about how that would split apart the entire script. It's minor, but can make a difference.

thanks and lol I saw that but when i started I got complaints like that and it motivated me to buy CC. Sometimes, people just need it

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Wow, what a pretty nice concept here! I really like how the Shoshones have a whole Western feel to them. However, I have a few issues. The spacing on the numbers is a bit too wide and I feel that the shade of blue you used just doesn't go well with the Shoshones color scheme. Just compress the numbers a bit and use a lighter shade of blue and it would look great! Well done!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

None of these teams you have should be relocated. the Mets are the Mets, in New York, and they're the Mets, not much else needs to be said. The Orioles have a great stadium and a good fanbase and their stadium is enough to draw non fans in. The south side of Chicago would riot if the Sox left and the fact is the Whitesox aren't even the worst team in Chicago. The Nationals just relocated ten years ago, they've got a ton of bandwagon fans right now. The Angels have Mike Trout, their name just makes no sense, and they've got a good fanbase. The teams I would look at are the Athletics, keep the name though, the Marlins, with new ownership please, or the Rays. Montreal should be an option before any of the other cities/states and I would love to see a modernization of the Expos (which I may want to do myself). Being originally from The Carolina's, I can tell you now that simply couldn't work, the Braves and Nationals are too close and there just isn't enough of a fanbase there. In fact, of all our options I can only see San Antonio and possibly Birmingham as options. Finally, the unforms, I like the idea, although I'm not sold on the final product. I'm assuming these would be vests (please no contrasting sleeves)? In which case I have problem with the consistancy of the set, like why iare the road vest's black when the cap is grey and brown, and where the hell is the blue in the home and road and why is it the main color on the alt. Other than all of that, I think this could turn into a very nice series.

Certainly a unique color scheme, but I feel that you need some lighter color to balance it out. Right now, it's dark on dark on dark. Also, there's some continuity errors on the road and alternate uniforms. For the road uniform, the hat insignia has a white outline while the script/numbers don't. Also, the hat is all brown/no black, while the jersey itself is very black heavy. There's also piping on all of the pants, yet none on the tops. Finally, the alternate jersey has a brown cap while the jersey is all blue (and the helmet is black heavy while there's no black on the rest of the uniform). Like the early 2000s Montreal Expos alternate jersey, this doesn't stack up well. I'd straighten that out. That's 3 different caps too, maybe try to lower it to 2 solid caps. I personally think that the grey road cap could go.

All in all, this is a solid western identity for a team (I like the name) and a good first draft. Just keep looking at ways to make the set more well-rounded colorwise, rather than all over the place like it is now.

I like this. If I were to choose,I will take:

O's-New Orleans,become New Orleans Jazz

or the White Sox to Indy.

I love baseball but there's a AAA team there(Indy),but I really want a MLB team there.

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

Yeah let's pack up the New York Mets and move them to Boise.

Clearly you have no idea about how this stuff works or even baseball in general or you never would've proposed such preposterous moves. There are only 2 MLB with even the slightest chance of relocation and you didn't list either one of them. My constructive criticism is to just drop this whole poll and relocation aspect and just do concepts of made-up teams.

Why is their a blue alternate but not a single stitch of blue on any of the other jerseys? All of the caps in my opinion look pretty strange (no gray front panel or all brown hat) and your "Salt Lake" wordmark is very stretched vertically. And that "SL" monogram is pretty weak.

spacer.png

None of these teams you have should be relocated. the Mets are the Mets, in New York, and they're the Mets, not much else needs to be said. The Orioles have a great stadium and a good fanbase and their stadium is enough to draw non fans in. The south side of Chicago would riot if the Sox left and the fact is the Whitesox aren't even the worst team in Chicago. The Nationals just relocated ten years ago, they've got a ton of bandwagon fans right now. The Angels have Mike Trout, their name just makes no sense, and they've got a good fanbase. The teams I would look at are the Athletics, keep the name though, the Marlins, with new ownership please, or the Rays. Montreal should be an option before any of the other cities/states and I would love to see a modernization of the Expos (which I may want to do myself). Being originally from The Carolina's, I can tell you now that simply couldn't work, the Braves and Nationals are too close and there just isn't enough of a fanbase there. In fact, of all our options I can only see San Antonio and possibly Birmingham as options. Finally, the unforms, I like the idea, although I'm not sold on the final product. I'm assuming these would be vests (please no contrasting sleeves)? In which case I have problem with the consistancy of the set, like why iare the road vest's black when the cap is grey and brown, and where the hell is the blue in the home and road and why is it the main color on the alt. Other than all of that, I think this could turn into a very nice series.

Thanks, I may consider that and Montreal Is on a long list of possible sites for later teams

do to popular demand, I will drop the relocation

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Thanks, I may consider that and Montreal Is on a long list of possible sites for later teams

do to popular demand, I will drop the relocation

Oh yeah, no problem. I'm glad we weren't too hard, but the relocation teams made no sense and the uniforms are kind of meh and have no identity.

Honestly I feel the MLB will expand eventually to 40 teams with a return to Montreal....here is where i stand with the name Shoshone see the problems with the Indians, Redskins...no team in the future will use a Native American name for all the backlash received..

Here is a look at a 40 team (note AL Central and NL Central are gone....AL North/South and NL South/North are added.)

AL East

I hate to say it, but I think you may want to change everything. First off, I think these uniforms are a bit too old school for a team born in 2014. They could use some modernization. A team that was founded today would probably use elements such as beveled numbers, slanted/italicized wordmarks and an aggressive looking logo.

Also, consider changing the team colors. Older teams are kind of grandfathered into their colors and can get away with using more traditional colors, but new teams have to have an eye on colors that are a bit more aggressive. Also, merchandise sales would probably be a factor for a new team looking to choose its colors. Fans probably won't buy a lot of gear from a new team whose colors are brown and blue. An established team who already had those colors? Maybe. However, not for a new team. I do respect the fact that you put a lot of thought into the colors and that they have meanings behind them but judging by recent expansion teams the rationale behind choosing colors has changed.

The team name may also need to be changed. Like team colors, only established teams can get away with having a Native American nickname. A new team cannot however. Also, instead of having them represent only the city I'd have them be named the "Utah ______" so you can market to the whole state and region.

Overall, this and all future concepts for expansion teams just needs more modernization. It's just hard to imagine a new team having a traditional looking uniform. The year they come into the league must be considered. I'm interested in seeing what else you come up with for the other cities. If you're looking for suggestions for new cities, Nashville and Charlotte are two cities that come to mind.

AL East NL East

Boston Brooklyn (Expansion)

NY Yankees NY Mets

Toronto Montreal (Expansion)

Baltimore Washington

Pittsburgh (Move from NL) Philadelphia

AL West NL West

Seattle Portland (Expansion)

LA Angels LA Dodgers

Colorado (Move from NL) San Francisco

San Jose (OAKLAND) San Diego

Las Vegas (Expansion) Arizona

AL North NL North

Chicago White Sox Chicago Cubs

Louisville (Expansion) Detroit (Move from AL)

Cleveland Cincinnati

Kansas City St Louis

Minnesota Milwaukee

AL South. NL South

Tampa Miami

Texas Houston (Move from AL)

Charlotte (Expansion), Atlanta

Nashville (Expansion) New Orleans (Expansion)

Orlando (Expansion) Norfolk (Expansion)

NL East... Brooklyn (Expansion) ,NY Mets, Montreal (Expansion), Washington, Philadelphia

NL West...San Diego, San Francisco, LA Dodgers, Portland (Expansion), Arizona

NL North...Chi Cubs, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Louisville (Expansion

NL South... Miami, Houston (Move from AL), New Orleans (Expansion), Atlanta,

Archived