MLB Retro Aspects That You Miss

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thick pants striping on the White Sox' road:

gcOFrXK.jpg

2012 is "retro"?

The thick pant striping is a "retro" aspect of uniforms... A one I miss as well. So why the uniform itself isn't retro, the striping is.

Back when the Rangers used to have their nickname on their uniform.

8612-2Fr.jpgcwAE9Yt.jpg

That being said.. I actually do miss this uniform:
juliosierra.jpg?672cfe

Sure, there is no red on the uniform aside from the cap- but I do believe this look could be refreshed for a modern day "Red and Blue" Rangers club.

5amlwx.jpg

I love that Rangers script. Maybe the Rangers could go with royal blue crowns and red bills as something of their own now that the Cubs don't wear that anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

(probably)notabandwagonfan has a point Phantom. You never try to have a discussion about pullovers. You just post picture after picture and fail to address any discussion points that others bring up.

And without fail, wonderbread will come in and flame PhantomDreamer with his 3rd grade grammar/punctuation. It's just as bad because they've got e-hardons for each other and we all lose as a result.

I do believe this look could be refreshed for a modern day "Red and Blue" Rangers club.

I know I'm quoting my own post- but I decided to do a quick mock-up of this idea I gave myself:

wdi3x6Y.jpg

Looks great. Why didn't they think about putting that in when they had that uni set?

UBwef0L.png

I wish a team would make a field with really unique dimensions. Minute Made's has its hill but other than that there's nothing.

I want a remake of Polo Grounds

What Phantom is to Pullovers, I am to cookie cutters and domes

I wish another team would use the cutout look and I wish there were more fixed domes

cinergy_11.jpg

bba_mets_blue_jays_20140328.jpg?w=620

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

I wish a team would make a field with really unique dimensions. Minute Made's has its hill but other than that there's nothing.

I wish another team would use the cutout look and I wish there were more fixed domes

cinergy_11.jpg

I can't help but agree with you. In the 1980s, many ballparks looked the same in many ways, now the same is true, only now that everything seems retro-inspired.

UBwef0L.png

cinergy_11.jpg

I can't help but agree with you. In the 1980s, many ballparks looked the same in many ways, now the same is true, only now that everything seems retro-inspired.
As someone who grew up during that era, I can honestly say I'd rather they look similar now than the way they did then. If they're gonna look the same, at least they can look good while doing so. And the single base cutouts look especially bad.

Powder blue road uniforms for the Royals and Blue Jays (and, while not retro per se, Rays)...

Also, flannel gray road unis for the Yankees (sans white outlines and sleeve cuffs), Tigers, Cards and Dodgers...

And, of course... stirrups. :welcome:

Archived