'If the Clippers moved' - Buffalo Braves Concept

MrWonka

I'm in the same boat with you as far as not having studied enough basketball design. I don't really want to, it doesn't interest me like hockey does. I do follow Syracuse basketball pretty hard since the 80s but I have no pro team. If this team existed today I would follow the Braves. The uniforms look pretty good to me, they're unique in that I've never seen it done like that before. The logo is solid. Just a little tweaking is necessary to make the feather look more feather like. It's a huge improvement in the original. I like the color choices. I would wear that hat with pride but definitely curve the bill because well, I'm old.

I feel like if there were going to be a new team in the NBA they would push for the alt to be sleeved because they seam to like that idea

As much as you're right I would never allow myself to make one. I don't like basketball or really liking designing jerseys for it, but those are hideous for a team and I will refuse to do one.

I feel like if there were going to be a new team in the NBA they would push for the alt to be sleeved because they seam to like that idea

As much as you're right I would never allow myself to make one. I don't like basketball or really liking designing jerseys for it, but those are hideous for a team and I will refuse to do one.

Yet Adidas and the NBA can't get that through their heads.

These are nice and unique, makes me wanna attempt a NBA expansion.

There is a lot of words on this thread and didn't read through but I would really like to see the Home and Away with white letters and black outlines so it stands out more on the black and orange :)

Overall, I really like this concept. It would be nice to see more of the aqua integrated into the uniform. I seems like that was the primary color of the original iteration of the uniform (even though as I recall, the logo was black and orange). I think the addition of that third color in all of the versions of the uniforms would really make it pop.

Oh, man, 6 in 2002... I need to lie down. I was drinking legally by then.

As for the concept, I like the logo. I never once thought that was a leaf; it was always a feather to me. It is the Braves, after all.

The uniforms, though... Although the Alt, in fact, looks vintage and is a good design, I think the away is too similar and also looks vintage. I think it's the abundance of orange. Maybe the 3rd becomes away, and scrap the idea of a 3rd uniform?

Furthermore, it might come off as cheesy, but I'd be interested to see what the feather looks like vertically on the shorts. Or perhaps the primary logo, a la the Bulls (something other than the diamond shape, though).

Regardless, this is pretty good for someone who doesn't do basketball concepts.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

why didn't you uniforms in original color scheme of Buffalo Braves

I liked Black and Orange better when they had that color scheme and jerseys. Also it would unify Buffalo teams a little more with the Bandits and Braves sharing that color. I always love when a city shares a color for their sports teams. (Pitt)

Tonight here are the changes I'll post:

Changed logo. Taking away the forced basketball, not needed. Adding more of a feather look. Adding a white tip to it. I think black would make the logo seem to bulky there.

Tweaked jerseys so wordmark is more visible. Taking away the Black alternate and making a Blue alternate. I know someone said to ditch the orange, but I loved their original orange jerseys and I feel it should stay that way. Also, I like the vintage yet modern twist, I think it gives a unique feel.

Changing court to one kind of tile and changing the website name to BufBraves.com.

Thanks everyone for really critiquing this. I think this has been the most action a post has gotten from me from just one post. Hopefully this next update will be the last. I know it won't please everyone but I believe if I do these changes right I will be satisfied.

Changed logo. Taking away the forced basketball, not needed. Adding more of a feather look. Adding a white tip to it. I think black would make the logo seem to bulky there.

Tweaked jerseys so wordmark is more visible. Taking away the Black alternate and making a Blue alternate. I know someone said to ditch the orange, but I loved their original orange jerseys and I feel it should stay that way. Also, I like the vintage yet modern twist, I think it gives a unique feel.

Changing court to one kind of tile and changing the website name to BufBraves.com.

Thanks everyone for really critiquing this. I think this has been the most action a post has gotten from me from just one post. Hopefully this next update will be the last. I know it won't please everyone but I believe if I do these changes right I will be satisfied.

You could be talking about me (re: getting rid of the orange). Don't get rid of it; I like the orange. I just thought the away and the alternate being orange was too much. Sorry for any confusion there.

Excited for the updates.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

You could be talking about me (re: getting rid of the orange). Don't get rid of it; I like the orange. I just thought the away and the alternate being orange was too much. Sorry for any confusion there.

Excited for the updates.

Oh it's alright. Reading too quickly. It's a tough choice for what I want...I want a black jersey, but I also want a direct orange throwback, but I also want a Blue throwback jersey...ugh my wants are too much!

Hey Dylan. Great concept - and great presentation of the logo. Although I didn't see a leaf In the feather I think that it still has potential so I'm curious for the update.

About the jerseys: I really like the striping. What I'd suggest is getting rid of the arching numbers. And on the shorts - I'm not a big fan of the different colors on the sides. I'd suggest thinner striping with both colors on either side to give a more classic look. (Although I don't know if that's really a classic look as I'm no basketball expert either ;o))

Atbw

Daniel

Archived