Dubai EarthqUAEkes

kevsim1

Howdy guys! I present to you here, my very first logo attempt on Inkscape. I've been playing around for a while, finally got inspired to make a logo, took a few days, BadaBing BadaBoom. Here are the Dubai EarthqUAEkes, hockey (I think) team based out of the UAE's most populous emirate. Of course, notice the pun in the team name. Nothing too much to say, main colours are the from the flag, double brown included, I'm thinking just for logos. With this name, I definitely needed to keep curved lines to a minimal.

Primary logo features some prominent script, letters all tossed around, the UAE part corresponding with the flag. The Burj Khalifa can be seen tumbling over in the background.Yes the monstrosity can withstand an earthquake.... but when an EarthqUAEke comes along, look out! :P

Alternate logo, nothing really to explain, D for Dubai on a chunk of earth.

Again, the wordmark, nothing too different.

The country's flag will be used as a patch.

That brings us to the tertiary mark... that is the palm islands, one of the 2. Iconic from the city, overhead view. That logo will very likely be inverted to a ton of different colours along the way.

Without further ado, the Dubai EarthqUAEkes! CLICK TO ENLARGE!

DUBAI_zps687d5f4c.png

C+C is appreciated! :D

Way too many colours. A logo set in which the different elements don't relate to each other. Too detailed. Linework is too fine. The Burj Khalifa would shrink to nothing in a smaller application.

rATMcmK.png

I like the idea here, but EarthqUAEkes is a little too much. Stick with the same idea you had, but just change the name to Earthquakes. As for the logo, as the others have said there are too many colors. See if you could cut it down to three or four. I also think the Burj Khalifa should play a more prominent role.

Back at this, wanting to keep going until I have something worth showing off. So yeah, colours. Are we thinking keep the "earth-y" double browns, and maybe add a brighter colour in there with it? Just the patriotic green, red, black and white? I'm also undecided about the Burj Khalifa, whether it becomes a part of the primary or not. I'd love a few more opinions before I start reworking. Thanks guys.

dubai2_zps94008bfe.png

Yep, take 2, need some help because it's missing something. I did really agree with the size issue with the Burj Khalfia, but I feel it could appear back in the primary soon. Ideas???

I think that in taking out he red black and green you took away the coolest part of the concept, which was the UAE flag in the wordmark. I would suggest changing the color scheme to red, black, green, and tan.

Archived