Oddly Repurposed Logos

sc49erfan15

I swear we've had a thread on a topic like this before, but I can't find it.

Today, I passed a truck used for a pressure washing business. I immediately noticed something funny about their logo - it contained the business name, and a clip-art pressure washer... but for the "water" coming out of the pressure washer, they had used the mid-1990s Houston Astros' star, colored blue! :lol:

Quick and dirty Paint mockup, it looked something like this...

pressurewash_zps36c40661.png

Logo theft, of course, but I must say it's significantly more creative than the used car lots I've seen (Jay's and Reese's) that used the graphite-era Jays wordmark and the logo for Reese's peanut butter cups.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was that politician who tried to steal the Columbus Blue Jackets' logo...

2879378-6081773-thumbnailjpg_zps38a70a7a

So he's from Oregon, yet he uses a logo from Ohio?

Makes sense.

After realizing that his logo is similar to the Jackets' logo, he said, ""If anything, I hope this raises awareness for the Columbus Blue Jackets."

"Awareness" like the Blue Jackets are some kind of terminal illness.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/U-S-Senate-candidate-on-how-campaign-stole-Co?urn=nhl,227264

Go A's!

I've seen at least 2 or 3 different trucking companies that use the circular SEC logo here in Alabama. You think they'd at least use the retired pennant logo...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There was that politician who tried to steal the Columbus Blue Jackets' logo...

2879378-6081773-thumbnailjpg_zps38a70a7a

So he's from Oregon, yet he uses a logo from Ohio?

Makes sense.

Maybe because the logo sorta looks like a D, for Delphine?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

my high school uses both the Louisville and arizona Cardinals logos. but i agree, its un-creative and lame for schools to steal logos.

high schools simply don't have the money to pay a designer for a logo so adapting a pro logo to their needs is a lot of the time the only option. colleges do have the money to pay for a design, so using other teams logos is completely unacceptable.

my high school uses both the Louisville and arizona Cardinals logos. but i agree, its un-creative and lame for schools to steal logos.

high schools simply don't have the money to pay a designer for a logo so adapting a pro logo to their needs is a lot of the time the only option.
Nonsense. If they have students, they have potential designers.

Are they affiliated with the Mariners? Are they using the logo with the permission of the Seattle Mariners?

They're a summer collegiate team. As far as using the logo with the Mariners' permission.? I have no idea.

BhMy-iEIEAAlmwp.jpg

A more "traditional" look, buttoned shirt with the obligatory piping.

71934_small.jpg

Archived