Oddly Repurposed Logos

sc49erfan15

my high school uses both the Louisville and arizona Cardinals logos. but i agree, its un-creative and lame for schools to steal logos.

high schools simply don't have the money to pay a designer for a logo so adapting a pro logo to their needs is a lot of the time the only option.
Nonsense. If they have students, they have potential designers.
Whom the faculty, administrators or AD may not completely trust not to slip some, shall we say, inappropriate design elements into the logo which might sail right over their heads during the vetting process, leaving them none the wiser for months or even years until someone points out the tiny pot leaf or phallus or gang sign or swastika or whatever that's been embedded in the logo all that time.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen at least 2 or 3 different trucking companies that use the circular SEC logo here in Alabama. You think they'd at least use the retired pennant logo...

Correct you are. I see this kind of stuff out and about on a near-daily basis. (If you know what I do for a living, you know why. B) ) Trucking companies are notorious for this kind of stuff.

However there's a far more egregious example out there...one that makes me wonder how in the world they haven't been served a C&D yet:

Tri-StateExpeditedServicePete387Van.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

my high school uses both the Louisville and arizona Cardinals logos. but i agree, its un-creative and lame for schools to steal logos.

high schools simply don't have the money to pay a designer for a logo so adapting a pro logo to their needs is a lot of the time the only option. colleges do have the money to pay for a design, so using other teams logos is completely unacceptable.
So teach high school kids it's ok to steal? Jesus that's dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

high schools simply don't have the money to pay a designer for a logo so adapting a pro logo to their needs is a lot of the time the only option.
Whom the faculty, administrators or AD may not completely trust not to slip some, shall we say, inappropriate design elements into the logo which might sail right over their heads during the vetting process, leaving them none the wiser for months or even years until someone points out the tiny pot leaf or phallus or gang sign or swastika or whatever that's been embedded in the logo all that time.

Have you ever been to high school? Not all kids are like that. Especially designers, who have respect for their work. Especially when it might even be published.

And I'm pretty sure if you had enough adults stare at a logo long enough, they could gurrantee that their isn't anything inappropriate hidden in the logo.

Have you ever been to high school? Not all kids are like that. Especially designers, who have respect for their work. Especially when it might even be published.

And I'm pretty sure if you had enough adults stare at a logo long enough, they could gurrantee that their isn't anything inappropriate hidden in the logo.

I'm a high schooler, I gurrantee you that there are plenty of kids wow would design a serious logo.

There was that politician who tried to steal the Columbus Blue Jackets' logo...

2879378-6081773-thumbnailjpg_zps38a70a7a

So he's from Oregon, yet he uses a logo from Ohio?

Makes sense.

Maybe because the logo sorta looks like a D, for Delphine?

My favorite part of this is that they couldn't be troubled to remove the negative white space between the star and flag on the right-hand side.

If you're gonna steal, do it right.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I've seen at least 2 or 3 different trucking companies that use the circular SEC logo here in Alabama. You think they'd at least use the retired pennant logo...

Correct you are. I see this kind of stuff out and about on a near-daily basis. (If you know what I do for a living, you know why. B) ) Trucking companies are notorious for this kind of stuff.

However there's a far more egregious example out there...one that makes me wonder how in the world they haven't been served a C&D yet:

Tri-StateExpeditedServicePete387Van.jpg

I personally think that looks better than the real adidas logo...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

"Load King" huh ? Think i once saw a movie with that guy........or at least a 5 min. clip

Rays is a poster to watch in 2014.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived