Oddly Repurposed Logos

sc49erfan15

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Load King" huh ? Think i once saw a movie with that guy........or at least a 5 min. clip

Rays is a poster to watch in 2014.

Member the last poster to watch? GongofDoom?
I thought TomTucker was the last one to watch? That lasted for about a month until he was banned

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

"Load King" huh ? Think i once saw a movie with that guy........or at least a 5 min. clip

Rays is a poster to watch in 2014.

Member the last poster to watch? GongofDoom?
Why is Rays a poster to watch? I mean, he doesn't troll or spam like GongofDoom.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

VBC.png

VBC2.png

totally not ripping off the New England Patriots. not at all.

Stealing is a sin!!!

Ha! As if the Flying Elvis logo wasn't bad enough!

Wait a minute...that hat trident is totally different from the Patriots.....well, the real Patriots

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

You could probably make a fortune as a copyright lawyer pursuing claims against organizations stealing logos. Heck, all you'd need to do is just lookup whatever semi-pro sports leagues and high schools are in the area.

In five minutes, I found the New England Football league and found theft against UF, KState and the Detroit Lions. The North Shore Generals logo is clearly a Dallas Cowboys rip as well - they just added a roundel to it. They also have a team literally named "Hartford Whalers." While no logo theft is involved in that case, I doubt the NHL is cool with anyone just using the specific City/Team combo of one of their squads, even a defunct one.

http://www.newenglandfootballleague.org/2013-aaa-teams/

Heck, the Gator one is literally a copy and paste - they didn't even bother to change the colors.

http://www.newenglandfootballleague.org/2013-aaa-teams/bridgeport-gators/

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

No photos, but there's a barbershop in Bromsgrove, England called "Clippers", that uses the old San Diego Clippers font on its sign. Couldn't believe it when I saw it, you see a lot of pro logos being appropriated for local & school clubs, but not often on private businesses.

You could probably make a fortune as a copyright lawyer pursuing claims against organizations stealing logos. Heck, all you'd need to do is just lookup whatever semi-pro sports leagues and high schools are in the area.

In five minutes, I found the New England Football league and found theft against UF, KState and the Detroit Lions. The North Shore Generals logo is clearly a Dallas Cowboys rip as well - they just added a roundel to it. They also have a team literally named "Hartford Whalers." While no logo theft is involved in that case, I doubt the NHL is cool with anyone just using the specific City/Team combo of one of their squads, even a defunct one.

http://www.newenglandfootballleague.org/2013-aaa-teams/

Heck, the Gator one is literally a copy and paste - they didn't even bother to change the colors.

http://www.newenglandfootballleague.org/2013-aaa-teams/bridgeport-gators/

That TriState Bulldogs helmet logo seems very similar to Fresno State's as well
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

It's really quite sad how little the average person knows about logo theft/IP theft. Last fall during the CO flood, some students (student gov. Seniors) from my former high school ripped of an artists logo. (it was the Colorado C under an umbrella) The artist was selling t-shirts and donating money to those affected by the floods. The students planned to do the same exact thing but also give proceeds to the student gov. with his logo. The artist proceeded to ask them to stop, unfortunately he was ripped into on Facebook. The kid's moms even got involved and said they were just trying to help and didn't know any better. The PR got so bad that the artist was essentially forced to cooperate and add the students to his "team" and some of the funds were donated to the schools student government.

The situation got pretty ugly but it ended well. These are 17 and 18 year olds who should know better, but even worse are the adults who ripped the artist for protecting his logo and the school which has been ripping off logos since the 70's.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived