Winnipeg Wildfire fantasy concept

Phil

wpgwf.gif

Winnipeg WildFire Concept Fantasy Logo

wpgwfS.gif

Winnipeg WildFire Concept Fantasy Logo w/ Shadow

With or without the shadow? I am undecided. This will hopefully replace my hopelessly uncreative Winnipeg WinterHawks name and identity for the coming season of the CFA. A wordmark to come soon, I hope.

Comments, suggestions, criticisms all gratefully accepted.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I should've seen this comment coming... for my helmet I was actually considering something a little different, I don't know what exactly, but I am entertaining both the solitary "W" idea as well as a more risque Boston Breakers type helmet design... we'll see what develops.

Keep the posts coming... including ideas for the helmet.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Helmet-wise, I'd suggest trying to work that W-flame into an all-over design, a la the Birmingham Bolts of the XFL (no, seriously, it was a good design!)...or even the way the Rhein Fire of NFLE does theirs is pretty good, if somewhat baroque-looking (well, they ARE a German team...)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I saw this just as scanned on a piece of paper if you remember. I liked it then, and I love it now. Green was one of the things I think I was worried about, and contrary to others, I think going with a light green was a great move. I don't like the shadow. I don't think the logo needs to look like it is in front of something. You already established an image, and when placed on top of a drop shadow, it becomes extremely 2d. I would however add an even black out line, because the black does bring the logo out better.

Great job.

Thanks for all the great feedback, keep it coming.

The helmet ideas have been interesting, without a doubt. Is there a template that has the front view of a football helmet? Most only have the side view. I haven't checked, just wondering if anyone knows offhand.

But behold, I have a few more options for everyone to mull over. You're going to have to mix and match them in your head, but what would be your ideal combo.

wpgwfO.gif

With a constant width outline, as suggested by STL Fanatic.

wpgwfDG.gif

With a darker green, as suggested by shiznit and webdav.

So, is it shadow, outline, or nothing? Lighter green or darker green?

FYI, the green is the only colour in this concept that would be changeable. All of the other colours represent a Winnipeg team, past and present, from all big 4 sports(Jet Red, Goldeye Gold, Bomber Blue, and Cyclone Green), except I couldn't get the exact RGB for the Cyclone (but it works a lot better than the Moose's green, which is extremely dark), so I made one up.

Any thoughts?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and just so you all don't get bored and start burning things, here's a few variations of a simpler wordmark.

wpgwfW1A.gif

Using a derivation of the Demonized font.

wpgwfW1B.gif

Adjusted to be more compact and proportional.

wpgwfW2A.gif

Using a derivation of the Shadow of Xisor font.

wpgwfW2B.gif

Adjusted to be more compact and proportional.

Tell me what you think, but don't forget to give me your ideas on the above posted stuff.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived