White Sox concept

AndrewG70

I actually like these a lot! The grey lettering on white and white lettering on gray look really sharp. And I have no issue with the gray lettering on black. Seems perfectly legible to me, and it's consistent with the silver cap logo. My one change would be to add the NOB to the home jersey. I only like omitting it if that's a long-standing tradition (Yankees, Giants).

Am I the only one to point out there are NO white socks in a set for a team called he WHITE SOX

They actually haven't worn white socks since 1999. The WSox have a long history of having "Black Sox" as a nickname because Comiskey was such a cheap owner, he made his players pay for the cleaning of their uniforms. Of course the players didn't want to pay, so most of the time the uniforms were so dirty that their white socks were "black." Then of course the throwing of the 1919 World Series forever threw the name Black Sox to that event. But because of the multitude of meanings behind it, it is more traditional for the White Sox to wear black socks.

I like these. With their colors being silver and black now the White Sox are the Raiders of MLB. Good job in emphasizing the silver more. Like the Raiders, the silver numbers really work for the White Sox.

I do suggest a few things though. I'd change the road roadmark and numbers back to black. I'd also go to a taller, thicker font for the numbers on all uniforms; the ones you have now look too much like the Red Sox actually. Choose a smaller font or smaller font size for the names on the back and go ahead and put names on the white jerseys too. Why not silver (or gray) socks?

I don't know, it's not that great...

In the future, could you actually add some constructive commentary? All you do it either say "it's good" or "it's bad", just to increase your post count. State why you like or don't like something. Otherwise, there's no point to posting.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived