Chivas USA Logo Concept

VitorioArts

boooooooo get off the boards!!!

Honestly though. I think it's simple. I'm not sure what Soccer designers will think since I'm not one. Other than the wordmark I'm not getting a huge soccer vibe though. Maybe it needs some sort of element with it to give a feel to it.

Hey Guys! This is my first attempt at a soccer logo. Go easy. It was a combination of a few ideas, hope you like this one!

C&C Welcome!

CHIVAS_zps982818fe.jpg

Hey Guys! This is my first attempt at a soccer logo. Go easy. It was a combination of a few ideas, hope you like this one!

C&C Welcome!

CHIVAS_zps982818fe.jpg

Simple is good... but there's just something about the goat that's just off.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The goat itself looks a little too cartoony and a little too static. Making it a bit more realistic and a bit more dynamic, like it is leaping or charging, would help a lot. Right now, it reminds me of an American political party logo rather than a soccer team logo. Also, the wordmark feels too disjointed, too separated from the rest of the crest. Placing it in a ribbon underneath or at least closer to the main oval, following its contours, would make it all feel more cohesive.

The goat itself looks a little too cartoony and a little too static. Making it a bit more realistic and a bit more dynamic, like it is leaping or charging, would help a lot. Right now, it reminds me of an American political party logo rather than a soccer team logo. Also, the wordmark feels too disjointed, too separated from the rest of the crest. Placing it in a ribbon underneath or at least closer to the main oval, following its contours, would make it all feel more cohesive.

I was just going to say it looks like a political party.

C&C Welcome!

CHIVAS_zps982818fe.jpg

C&C Welcome!

CHIVAS_zps982818fe.jpg

Simple is good... but there's just something about the goat that's just off.

yeah..

tinysig.jpg

Folks, "Goats" is what Chivas translates to- inspired by the nickname of Guadalajara in the Mexican league. Apparently their running was disparagingly compared by rivals to Crazy Goats ("Chivas Locas"), and they eventually adopted the nickname with pride. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.D._Guadalajara

I agree that this particular goat is too static (almost a pinata), and the star on the eye suggests that it is crazy or dead.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived