Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-mono2015-04-03-19-52-38_medium_large.p

Via the new logo's designer: Doubleday & Cartwright. More info here:

http://doubledayandcartwright.com/work/milwaukeebucks

Some other interesting pictures on that website including this ... MKE? I know these are sketches, but you gotta wondering if we'd see a MKE jersey? Or something on the shorts with that abbreviation?

IMG_38832015-04-03-19-52-48_medium.jpg

EDIT: MKE is the name of the custom typeface.

Unifying all the elements is a custom typeface, MKE Block Varsity, inspired by traditional varsity lettering.

Don't really get the usage of blue, only in the tertiary logo, and horribly at that. If you're going to use blue as a color, use it in the logo!

The third logo looks horrible. Really lazy.

Think of it as "classic."

In all seriousness, I think the bucks really got it right. They had a golden opportunity to mess it up and almost hit the nail on the head. Just not feeling the blue as a tertiary color, feels very random and out of place. Other than that, bravo.

spacer.png

4-mono2015-04-03-19-52-38_medium_large.p

Via the new logo's designer: Doubleday & Cartwright. More info here:

http://doubledayandcartwright.com/work/milwaukeebucks

The B looks a little off to me with the cut off corners when no other letter has it. Why not make it like They did the 8? on the one side.

To differentiate the B from the 8. It's kind of an important letter since it's in the nickname, so they likely just wanted to make sure that it didn't look like the 8 at small sizes.

I still think there's too much open space on the left and right sides of the Buck itself. I don't know what they could've added there, but it feels like something needs to be there.

The rest of the green inner circle...

That's really my one major gripe with this rebrand. That buck in roundel is ROUGH. Hopefully they use the solo buck head a lot.

If they're going to use blue, which I'm not totally sold on, I do love that they've used it to trace the water borders of the state - the Mississippi to the west, Lake Superior to the north and Green Bay and Lake Michigan to the east. Nice, subtle touch.

CCgyOpWXIAA0l1V.jpg

Ah. I was wondering why the blue strokes stopped abruptly. That's :censored:ing brilliant!

Also, it kinda bothers me how the white and cream are used together, since they clash with each other. I wish they'd just use the cream completely in place of the white

This will take some getting used to but overall I really like it. I think the subtle use of blue works with this package. These colors seem perfect for a retro inspired look. Now let's see how long it takes to track down some new gear around here!

You know, I was really against this a few weeks ago, but now, I like this. The color scheme for its use is good, and the logos aren't too cartoonish. There could be one less logo, but that doesn't bother me a lot.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The only reason I'm against the blue on the state logo is because it bleeds into the green so badly.

Also, the M would be much better than the BUCKS script across the state, a la the Milwaukee Brewers logo of the 90's with the M over the state and the basketball on its own representing Milwaukee.

However, after Gothamite's explanation of the blue, I like it a little bit more.

Still, I would have liked a lighter shade of blue so that it contrasts with the green a bit more.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived