Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but I don't see cream. I see more of a tan/khaki which would certainly make the Bucks' new look a distinctive one, if one doesn't want to take it as far as "unique." The oversized antlers seem a bit much, but who am I to complain about a large rack?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150224-newSales-header-1.png

Squidward-Freaking-Out-About-The-Future-

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

rCEGsw.pngZ8y3gK.png

Initial reaction: there's a lot I like here. I like the color scheme , the simpler buck, and love the hidden M.

But man, those antlers look huge. And hinting at the basketball design is really inspired, although I think I'd rather they incorporated it into the large antlers than the smaller, inner ones.

My biggest gripe is that the circle seems forced. Don't mind the unique curved wordmark, but something about the tan space on the sides looks unfinished. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the buck head all by itself more often than this version.

I think they will use the deer by itself. With the M and ball, there's no need for the "explainer" (not that there is now).

I agree the circle makes it a bit awkward but I prefer it to another full roundel.

And the antlers... I like them bigger. When you come across a deer with antlers like that it's impressive... and even a bit intimidating. (I'm no hunter.) Of course they are never that clean or symmetrical. :)

rCEGsw.pngZ8y3gK.png

Initial reaction: there's a lot I like here. I like the color scheme , the simpler buck, and love the hidden M.

But man, those antlers look huge. And hinting at the basketball design is really inspired, although I think I'd rather they incorporated it into the large antlers than the smaller, inner ones.

My biggest gripe is that the circle seems forced. Don't mind the unique curved wordmark, but something about the tan space on the sides looks unfinished. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the buck head all by itself more often than this version.

Didn't even notice the basketball in the small antlers until you mentioned it. I also think there's quite a bit of dead space in the circle.

sig.png

I think they will use the deer by itself. With the M and ball, there's no need for the "explainer" (not that there is now).

I agree the circle makes it a bit awkward but I prefer it to another full roundel.

And the antlers... I like them bigger. When you come across a deer with antlers like that it's impressive... and even a bit intimidating. (I'm no hunter.) Of course they are never that clean or symmetrical. :)

Agreed...only reason they have the "explainer" is because it's an NBA requirement...the plain deer head will be used most of the time.

bYhYmxh.png

Looks like there are a number of subtle differences between the background logo on the other side of the glass. See the ears and eyes especially. Thoughts?

That's just the application of background paint - the 'over color' doesn't stand out on the back of the object.

In other words, they aren't trying to make the glass look the same front to back.

It's where I sit.

I really like that. I hope it's the real deal.

I never like animal logos with no pupils, so that's a slight drawback (in my opinion). But, I cannot stand the eye in the current logo.

I like the "big rack". I always thought the previous version was much too realistic, the new larger rack is a great way to make the deer look more intimidating.

Definite upgrade if that's it--as always, I cannot wait to see uniforms and secondary/partial logos.

Also, I love the incorporation of the basketball in the antlers, that's really sweet.

(Edit: Someone beat me to it...)

Regarding the comment made about the logo appearing different on the opposite side of the glass... I don't think it's different. Most pint glasses like that appear differently from the inside.

(I'm assuming this is the reason...) The light colors are printed and then the dark colors are printed over top (so the white is printed on thicker so that when the dark color is printed over top of the white, there won't be any "gaps" if the dark details are just a millimeter off-center.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Remember when teams had colors?

Thank you!

Throughout I was thinking:

• Same color scheme: I like this look it would be just fine with me if they kept it or tweaked it with this scheme.
  • Irish Rainbow: I would lose it...that's a great look and I'd love it to come back.
  • Green/Orange: Love it. Miami does not always execute well on the uniforms but it's a nice scheme. This would be the next best thing to the Ducks adopting these colors.

All of those schemes are vibrant enough. I really did not think the Bucks were going to go wrong.

Now we get green and a Tan/Cream or whatever? One color? One? I really, really hope that this is a simplified logo that is at least leaving one shade of green out. The logo is fine, but the colors (or lackthereof) are the disappointment here.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Now we get green and a Tan/Cream or whatever? One color? One?

No, that's actually two. :P

I know. But really...It comes off like one. Green/Orange, Green/Red, Green/Green/Green. All vibrant and unique.

Not this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the antlers look bigger than they really are because 1) it's on a pint glass that flaring out as it goes up and 2) the photo isn't taken dead on, it's from slightly above the logo.

I think the antlers look bigger than they really are because 1) it's on a pint glass that flaring out as it goes up and 2) the photo isn't taken dead on, it's from slightly above the logo.

Counterpoint - The logo on the otherside of the glass doesn't have that visual-scale problem. And I think most of us can picture a pint glass sitting on a table. The antlers are still pretty big, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Remember when teams had colors?

Thank you!

Throughout I was thinking:

• Same color scheme: I like this look it would be just fine with me if they kept it or tweaked it with this scheme.
  • Irish Rainbow: I would lose it...that's a great look and I'd love it to come back.
  • Green/Orange: Love it. Miami does not always execute well on the uniforms but it's a nice scheme. This would be the next best thing to the Ducks adopting these colors.

All of those schemes are vibrant enough. I really did not think the Bucks were going to go wrong.

Now we get green and a Tan/Cream or whatever? One color? One? I really, really hope that this is a simplified logo that is at least leaving one shade of green out. The logo is fine, but the colors (or lackthereof) are the disappointment here.

This x10000.

Jaguars

Just random thoughts here, but my initial glance at the font reminded me for a split second of the Germanic Motre Bame Brewers font. I know it's not similar in many ways, but just a quick nuance of it. I liked that font when the Brew Crew wore it. My other thought was that perhaps the tinted green in the glass, seen at the bottom, might hint at some Irish rainbow loveliness. Probably wishful thinking, but still.

Archived