Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Remember when teams had colors?

That was back in the days when uniforms were designed with the in-game product in mind first instead of being built around replica jerseys. Nowadays, it's nothing but bland, safe color schemes and designs anymore because teams are scared that anything creative or different won't sell.

I'm fully expecting a boring set that looks like unwashed Celtics uniforms now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when teams had colors?

Thank you!

Throughout I was thinking:

• Same color scheme: I like this look it would be just fine with me if they kept it or tweaked it with this scheme.
  • Irish Rainbow: I would lose it...that's a great look and I'd love it to come back.
  • Green/Orange: Love it. Miami does not always execute well on the uniforms but it's a nice scheme. This would be the next best thing to the Ducks adopting these colors.

All of those schemes are vibrant enough. I really did not think the Bucks were going to go wrong.

Now we get green and a Tan/Cream or whatever? One color? One? I really, really hope that this is a simplified logo that is at least leaving one shade of green out. The logo is fine, but the colors (or lackthereof) are the disappointment here.

This x10000.

Lime would be the perfect bright separator between the dark green and cream. I'm curious to see what the dark green looks like because it looks WAY darker than what they have now.

I know I excused the orange as "a different shade of red" a bit ago, although it's no closer to red than the purple (which is why the purple look wasn't THAT bad)...but it's a shame to see another team go away from its "real" colors just when we anticipate a correction in Atlanta and a nearly 100% correct league wide palette (just missing green in Dallas)

Best logo the Bucks have had. Not that the bar was ever really that high, but hey. It is what it is. I like it.

Looks like the color scheme is just green and cream, then. Yawn... it's going to be a boring knockoff of the Celtics. Apparently originality isn't allowed in the NBA anymore.

The Nets' Brooklyn uniforms were apparently Celtics knockoffs. As were the Cavs. And in the NHL? You've claimed the Dallas Stars' new look rips off the Rangers, Blackhawks, and Maple Leafs.

Sorry, it's just too hyperbolic. Not every uniform that goes for simple and classy looks like every other simple and classy uniform.

It takes the Bucks being the Bucks to shake me out of hibernation I guess. I've been waiting for them to "fix" pigman Bango for over 20 years....oftentimes personally appealing to coaches, management etc all with no success. I love the Bucks so much....yeah, I guess I felt I had to weigh in.

And I don't like for my biannual comment to be a negative one. Shame on me. There's been tons of stuff I really liked that should have gotten me off teh couch to compliment all the good work happening all over. And I DO like a lot of the ideas happening in this logo. But for me it starts and ends with whether or not it looks like a deer. *sigh..... so sorry. I guess it ends as quickly as it started as far as I'm concerned. Yech.

Reset the egg timer.

Like a freight train with stickum

Awful, just awful. Not that the illustration is that bad, it's just that it's so much worse than the buck it's replacing. The current buck is bold and has pride. And that roundel with that wordmark placement is so superfluous that it looks like an afterthought. One of the best identites in the league is being replaced by this... so dissapointed. Last time I was this dissapointed was when my Cavs switched from one of the most solid uni sets in the NBA to the current jokes, and I'm not even a Bucks fan. Just unbelievable...

And patsox, I love the current Bucks' identity too.

P.S. If I had one dollar for every time the word 'lime' was pronounced in this thread, I would be a millionaire.

Don't like the color change. The Irish rainbow would be my favorite, but the current green and red scheme is much better than green and cream. I think the M looks really forced when you see the bigger version that Conrad drew up. I also think the eyes make it look a little too mean for a cartoon buck. I do think the basketball in the antlers is a nice touch though. My biggest problem with the logo is that the roundel isn't closed at the top. That's going to drive me crazy. That being said, I think this is an upgrade and the best logo the Bucks have had so far.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I can't agree about the current one. I don't like him much at all.

rCEGsw.pngMilwaukee-Bucks-134.jpg

From the steriod neck to the weepy eyes to the pig nose, the current Buck leaves much to be desired. The new one's hardly perfect, but it's simpler, cleaner, has the benefit of the hidden M. A clear upgrade in every way, to my eye.

(Edited to replace link with graphic)

rCEGsw.pnghttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_Bucks#/media/File:Milwaukee_Bucks.svg

From the steriod neck to the weepy eyes to the pig nose, the current Buck leaves much to be desired. The new one's hardly perfect, but it's simpler, cleaner, has the benefit of the hidden M. A clear upgrade in every way, to my eye.

It is of no importance to me if there is a hidden element or not, especially if it comes along with that bad an execution. I want a quality illustration, which the current is in every aspect. And not only that, it's a great identity with great complementing secondary logos, a unique and a good-looking combination of colors and good and solid appropriate unis.

It is of no importance to me if there is a hidden element or not, especially if it comes along with that bad an execution. I want a quality illustration, which the current is in every aspect.

From the steriod neck to the weepy eyes to the pig nose, I obviously disagree with you.

While the (now) old Buck isn't a horrible logo, it always struck me as just having too much of a literal deer-in-the-headlights look about it. Like Bango stumbled upon the highway, and...well, you get it.

I like the fact that the new one actually gives the buck some sort of purposeful emotion. More imposing and more serious. It's a much better upgrade from the "CRAP IT'S AN F-150 WHAT DO I - " look Bango's got now.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

rCEGsw.pngMilwaukee-Bucks-134.jpg

(Edited to replace link with graphic)

The new one has better facial features and antlers, but I vastly prefer the general shape of the now-old one.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I liked the old one enough to buy a cap with the deer alone on it... back when it had purple eyes. But it has its flaws, too. I still get a clear "deer" vibe from this even with the simplification ... and even if the face is a "sheep" (is it?) -- that giant rack will do that for you even if the illustration isn't picture perfect.

I'm still reminded of this in a way. Is it clearly a bear? Maybe, but they tried to improve upon it by adding details to make it even more bear-like later. But I think it's mostly a bear because it was on the uniform of a team named the Cubs. (And I still love it.)

p-163617-1979-1993-chicago-cubs-bear-fac

If that was the madcub is this the madbuck?

I have no problem with the Bucks using green and cream, sans a true secondary color. This leaves open the possibility for a true return of the Irish Rainbow, which you clearly can't pull off as well with red, purple, orange, etc.

IMO, I still think they somehow introduce orange into the motif, or else their #OwnTheFuture teasers would make no sense.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived