Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

I have no problem with the Bucks using green and cream, sans a true secondary color. This leaves open the possibility for a true return of the Irish Rainbow, which you clearly can't pull off as well with red, purple, orange, etc.

IMO, I still think they somehow introduce orange into the motif, or else their #OwnTheFuture teasers would make no sense.

Unless it's an April Fool's joke.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with the Bucks using green and cream, sans a true secondary color. This leaves open the possibility for a true return of the Irish Rainbow, which you clearly can't pull off as well with red, purple, orange, etc.

IMO, I still think they somehow introduce orange into the motif, or else their #OwnTheFuture teasers would make no sense.

Unless it's an April Fool's joke.

The orange is a smoke screen.

Jaguars

I don't believe there's any objective measure that would support the idea of the current/former Bucks logo being a "quality" illustration. Not unless the quality is mediocre. It's eyes are where a person's eyes would be. It's got a human proportioned neck and shoulders. And the highlights on the brow tines have been mistakenly interpreted as sad eyebrows forever. It's bad. You can like it. But it's bad.

But I am moved a little bit however by what CubsFan lays out. He's right when he kind of argues whether it matters or not that a logo be true to a given species.

It's true that the Bucks never officially (to my knowledge) confirm their buck IS in fact a whitetail for sure. The PigMan Bango appears to be an attempt at a whitetail. And whitetail are everywhere in WI so I think we all assumed as much. Should we have? Does it matter?

The first bango is awesome and also kind of defied being tied to a specific species just in the way he was drawn. He's got as much in common with that dog from Grinch as he does with a naturalistically depicted deer.

The linework of MadCub might well appear to be a raccoon, a panda, a gopher or an otter if viewed under different circumstances. Fair point to you sir. All that matters really is if it's pleasant to look at, and if you associate it with your team.

Sadly, I think this new look fails those criteria too.

Like a freight train with stickum

I don't think this new buck is anywhere near as good as the original. This was just awesome.

MilwaukeeBucks1.png

But the current logo is a terrible failure. I'd rather a slightly-stylized version like the leak over one trying too hard to be realistic and falling flat on its pig nose. If "pleasant to look at" is the criteria, and we can't have the original, than give me the leaked one over either of the roid deer.

Anticipating the news!!! I'm thinking they will announce at half time during the game tonight! They already released arena rendering, and announced that yesterday. So it's not that.

packchampionslfroh.png

Here is my Paint Logo adjustment with Gray replacing cream and some Irish Rainbow colors....Bucks%20Logo_zpsgjiwtt9v.png

Seems like an unpopular opinion around here but the creme and green version is way better... I don't get the love for the irish rainbow at all.

I do. It looks cool. I just don't like it for the Bucks quite as much as I like forest green and red -- and no, red and the Irish rainbow together are too much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Updated version. Made the facial features a bit more angular like some people had suggested...

CBhz10OUIAAHIud.png

I like this updated version even better. It's been a couple of days and I still don't like the green text box thing in the roundel at all, but I feel that I'm loving the buck even more today than I did when I first saw it. Unless they go total crapfest on the uniforms for whatever reason, I really think the identity as a whole is going to come out looking really good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Bucks just tweeted this....

fkwf1v.jpg

I just saw that. Don't forget what day it is. Looks photoshopped anyway. I refuse to believe they are going to orange. If the owners didn't like green/red, how the hell is green/orange any better?

The Bucks just tweeted this....

fkwf1v.jpg

I just saw that. Don't forget what day it is. Looks photoshopped anyway. I refuse to believe they are going to orange. If the owners didn't like green/red, how the hell is green/orange any better?

All this hype wouldn't just be for an April fools joke. I refuse to believe it.

Jaguars

Anticipating the news!!! I'm thinking they will announce at half time during the game tonight! They already released arena rendering, and announced that yesterday. So it's not that.

They posted on social media that they're going to announce something during halftime tonight.

JeKhnr9.png

Archived