Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, well, I fear the alternate logos are all swings and misses. Nothing really spectacular at all about any one of them. I DO like that arched "BUCKS" script, though. And just as I thought, the buck head on it's own looks really good and better than the roundel version.

Other good news is that there isn't an awkward "just antlers" alternate anymore. I always thought that looked like a kill trophy. Good to see that won't be making a return.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I still don't understand how blue will be incorporated. Maybe it's just used for an alternate? I like what I've seen so far though. Green and cream is a solid combination in my book. Hopefully the uniforms reflect the logo's colors and not the supposed color palette.

Also, this has probably been mentioned but these sketches of the logos a while back were pretty much spot on.

waADw6m.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Whaddya know, another roundel with a bball in the middle and text all around it. Geez.

This trend really needs to stop.

We get it. You play basketball and want to be retro.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I agree with most of you; I'm really starting to dig some of these elements, particularly that font. I'm interested in the role that blue will play, but I suppose we won't find out until the uniforms are unveiled.

By the way, how Milwaukee is it that the logos leaked via drink glasses?*

*Not trying to be a snobby Minnesotan with this comment, just found it both ironic and funny.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

In bidding adieu to the green/red...I'll miss the antler plaque. It was strange, but I liked it, that's just the way I am. I've said it in another thread, but as this means no more red unis, I'll say this...I liked the reds, but I won't miss them. Is that weird?

The April Fools orange...honestly, I wouldn't have been mad at all if all they'd ended up doing was replacing red with orange. I had a good laugh at Bango waving the April fools flag.

The new logos...I be one of those stone age types with no smartphone or tablet, so this is the first time I'm seeing anything besides the M. From what I see here, I'm honestly hoping for a cream home uni, just for the hell of it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Judging by the glass; right now I say it's a upgrade.

I don't believe there's any objective measure that would support the idea of the current/former Bucks logo being a "quality" illustration. Not unless the quality is mediocre. It's eyes are where a person's eyes would be. It's got a human proportioned neck and shoulders.

Say what you want, but this is just not true.

And this new buck lacks a 'crown' (as in head), among other things.

10349872_10102586142756248_3223234962465

Wow. This is so b-a-d...The 'M' is so ugly... The ugly cartoony ball rendering, the lackluster font, the awful semi-circle with its wordmark placement, the pointless (and ugly) state logo - this is even worse than the Nets, even though only slightly... At least the Nets were going for a plain look. And, as I've already mentioned, the inferior buck illustration... Just wow. They went from safe to say (one of) the best and solid identities in the league to the worst along with the Thunder. Heck, even the teased orange April fools identity with its akward font was lightyears better than this! It feels like no jersey design will save this identity.

This rebrand makes me want to say to write me off as a Bucks supporter...

So apparently, the Bucks are now stealing color schemes from the D-League:

RenoBighorns_PMK0100a_2009-9999_SCC_SRGB

Not only that, they also borrowed the minor league aesthetics! Oh, wait, this logo above actually looks good.

(Have to note that the color scheme works there, though.)

Just what the NBA (and pro sports in general) needs - another color scheme with blue in it! The uniforms are going to be a disaster, I can already tell.

Could not agree with you more. Replace the blue with lime and we have a winner.

Jaguars

But there is no blue in that leaked logo

The guy that drew the logos posted in here said there wouldn't be blue or black in that logo that leaked. Blue would be used in the alternate logos (like the state one).

Thinking about it, now it would make sense for green and cream to be the primary colors with blue only used as trim. That I could live with. I'm kind of worried about the wordmarks. Using dark green and cream with that cursive script that has been used in so many concepts would look perfect for this franchise, but it doesn;t look like that's where this is headed.

Do you think there will be a cream uni?

Jaguars

I was wondering how come in the nba there was no team hopping on the cream/vintage white trend like in the nhl or mlb.

Oh god, imagine if a nfl team does it next lol.

At least the Bucks are the perfect team in the NBA for doing it.

When I look at this glass I especially like the wordmarks. Man, I hope this curved Bucks wordmark will be on the uniforms. Green with a cream outline looks stunning!

And for the uniforms, I see some cream-green-blue(-black-white) irish rainbow esque side panel coming.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived