mgdmhl

Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

That kangaroo Owns!!! Too funny!! Why not put a basketball in the pouch.

That is genius. Embarrassed it didn't occur to me. I was having too much fun with overly square font

Ya see, if you know anything about Kangaroos it's that that they are easy to draw incorrectly. If you're not careful they could end up looking like a whitetailed deer. So you have to give them Space Ghost eyes and make sure NOT to put antlers on them. Cause Roos don't have antlers. If you put antlers on them by mistake I'm telling you....it's gonna look almost a little bit like a deer.

So in this logo we've make sure everyone knows it's kangaroo by being prolly the top 25th percentile in kangaroo drawers nationwide. Once that was done, then we kept finding ourselves drawn back to the area of the hind limbs and then it hit us....There's an M in there! In the toes! But since roos have two feet we ended up with two Ms hidden in the feet. But don't worry. Milwaukee is a city AND a county! So we're covered. Now each M still stands for something important.

We have a very minimalist tool and die inspired, completely custom typeface. THere are NO errors in it. The H looks like a K and the A is instinguishable from an R. But complete fidelity to the rules of fontography was maintained.

The half moon green shape that the name Kangaroos rests in may seem arbitrary but it's actually a subtle nod to the Summerfest logo. The giant music festival that takes place down on the lakefront is a Milwaukee event. Lakefront = water. Water - blue. So...blue gloves.

See the Futuroo!

Kangaroos_zps6loho7ak.jpg

GO HAN6AAOO5!

This thread just took a turn towards Goldmine Blvd....

This thread contains some really good posts....

FTFY

Why not put a basketball in the pouch.

I'd like to see that in the next concept update. :)

Ya see, if you know anything about Kangaroos it's that that they are easy to draw incorrectly. If you're not careful they could end up looking like a whitetailed deer. So you have to give them Space Ghost eyes and make sure NOT to put antlers on them. Cause Roos don't have antlers. If you put antlers on them by mistake I'm telling you....it's gonna look almost a little bit like a deer.

So in this logo we've make sure everyone knows it's kangaroo by being prolly the top 25th percentile in kangaroo drawers nationwide. Once that was done, then we kept finding ourselves drawn back to the area of the hind limbs and then it hit us....There's an M in there! In the toes! But since roos have two feet we ended up with two Ms hidden in the feet. But don't worry. Milwaukee is a city AND a county! So we're covered. Now each M still stands for something important.

We have a very minimalist tool and die inspired, completely custom typeface. THere are NO errors in it. The H looks like a K and the A is instinguishable from an R. But complete fidelity to the rules of fontography was maintained.

The half moon green shape that the name Kangaroos rests in may seem arbitrary but it's actually a subtle nod to the Summerfest logo. The giant music festival that takes place down on the lakefront is a Milwaukee event. Lakefront = water. Water - blue. So...blue gloves.

See the Futuroo!

7.5/10. I like the direction, but I think you need to throw in a blue shadow to represent the Milwaukee River and it's nurturing of the city. Needs that symbolism IMO.

It needs more negative space. How else will we metaphorically perceive the franchise's "potential"?

My bad Ice..lesson learned.

Btw. @Teal from the uniform/logo sheet it looks as though Milwaukee maybe getting a black, green and white uniforms. But i wouldn't rule out cream unis until 2yrs.

Thank you.

See the Futuroo!

7.5/10. I like the direction, but I think you need to throw in a blue shadow to represent the Milwaukee River and it's nurturing of the city. Needs that symbolism IMO.

I appreciate you trolling the font because Kangaroos reads HANGAAOOS

Man, I haven't done Summerfest in like eight years. I should change that. Anyone worth seeing?

Man, I haven't done Summerfest in like eight years. I should change that. Anyone worth seeing?

The Rolling Stones?

If Bulls break out the sweep tonight might end up seeing those new unis sooner than later. Even though im thinking June draft instead of after their playoffs is over. (Sorry mjd)

Bucks loss tonight, not that I want that, though secretly do (nefarious latter) only because of the new package, all the logos go into effect on the franchise side.

first time for me in my time here, double post bug gets me lol.

Bucks loss tonight, not that I want that, though secretly do (nefarious latter) only because of the new package, all the logos go into effect on the franchise side.

This seemed really stupid when I heard it, but when the Bucks season ends, THEN all of the new logo merchandise will become available everywhere, including stuff with the 2nd and 3rd logos. You can only get stuff at the BC right now and the variety is extremely limited. If they were going to do it like this they might as well have waited until after the season for the new logo unveil.

Thought of a simpler way to phrase it on the font notches issue.

Do the 3 and 8 break the rules? Yes. But the rules were impossible to obey if they wanted to be able to read it. Rules THEY set up were impossible to follow. Which makes them dumb rules.

If you take that grid that I created? Upthread? And fill it in? 0 and D will be identical. B and 8 will be identical. R and A will be identical.

So they set these unmeetable conditions. Subsequently broke them...in many more than two places ... and then for some reason probably made up a marketing speak story to address one discrepancy?

That's what I assumed. But as you point out, they break the "rules" many more times than that.

What I still don't understand is how any of that talk about rules has anything to do with pre-"computerized fonts" or "inconsistencies in the team's lettering".

Perhaps if they had two of the same letter or number that were different (such as one 8 with notches and one 8 without notches), that talk would make sense. But whether or not you follow your own rules in making each letter has nothing to do with whether or not you used a computer.

This seemed really stupid when I heard it, but when the Bucks season ends, THEN all of the new logo merchandise will become available everywhere, including stuff with the 2nd and 3rd logos. You can only get stuff at the BC right now and the variety is extremely limited. If they were going to do it like this they might as well have waited until after the season for the new logo unveil.

They couldn't have waited any longer even if they wanted to - the designs had already leaked.

You can't put blue boxing gloves on a green kangaroo. That's Color Theory 101.

Roger in Tekken has been doing this for awhile.

468px-Roger2.jpg