Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Bucks,

Please don't have a sleeved alt that has MKE on the chest.

Sincerely,

Everyone over 14.

...or anything with camo in it.

If recent nba uniform design trends continue, I would expect a set that is very boring and underwhelming. I really hope I'm wrong.

I wonder which retro Bucks uniform the new stuff will be based on, if it is based on anything within their history...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/225/Milwaukee_Bucks/

Based off this picture from the logo designers, the only thing from their history that might incorporated is an Irish rainbow like pattern on the sides.

CCj4kbdUEAA71wb.jpg

Love seeing all of that. The vintage vibe of the logos and uniforms is really working here in my opinion. Looks like maybe the buck is on the side of the shorts too? That could be cool.

I wouldn't hate a camo uniform if it's a unique pattern. It really depends. I'm not a huge fan of the raptors camo but I dont absolutely hate it either. Then again, for the Bucs, why would they want to bring up the idea of getting hunted?

Those look awesome!!! The cream jersey looks very good. It's not too dark and under the lights it will probably be a little lighter yet not looking totally white. If that's any close to what the actual unis look like would be sweet.

packchampionslfroh.png

Bad. It fits with the recent trend of contrived fonts with either awkwardly-placed serifs or awkwardly-placed corners where it should be either angled or rounded. That "A" looks like something you'd see on the worst Chinese counterfeit jersey.

Also, it's good they went with a cream outline, even if it's getting lost. They need to beef up the outline, though. It's like a hairline stroke at this point.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I the only one who LOVES the look they've come up with so far? Green has always been my favorite color, and blue is my brother's.

This uniform set will be AWESOME...

bYhYmxh.png

Wait. This is the first we've seen of any of the typeface having a stroke at all, right? Not the "Future" promo stuff. Not the logos, not even the diagonal WI one?

I'm sure my objections are falling on deaf ears at this point. I ALSO don't like this. Why release that goofy alphabet plus numbers graphic that we've all been looking over? The numerals won't ever appear like that unless someone's last name has a numeral in it. They'll all be outlined which is frankly, very different.

Having outlines in the first place isn't in super-duper keeping with the simplicity of the tool and die story we heard. the letterforms HAD to be this bricky for a specific reason...but then that reason goes out the window when the convention of outlining uniform numerals comes into play? As much as I'm already NOT on board I would like to have seen plain one color numerals....cream on green or green on ...white I guess.

This thing keeps getting worse and worse. It's like some of the logos have the creature's head using only green and cream and some of them use cream put white eyes, snout and ears. But the ball logo is almost entirely white. This entire set is seemingly of two minds. It WANTS to be bold different and Nets-esque and almost two-tone and substitute cream for white entirely....but it can't? Per NBA rules? I'm assuming?

But the cream is probably one shade too light (IMO) to provide any contrast to the white or vice versa. The cream stroke on white type just looks blurry...like it's got outer glow turned on.

Gross. [EDIT} Also it should be noted that many MANY ...even MOST teams do not expect their custom fonts to do this much heavy lifting. Even the best most effective fonts aren't asked to be the on-jersey wordmark, on-jersey numeral and name font and in-logo font all at once. It's perfectly acceptable to use two or even three different typesets. Right? Oregon has the goofiest, most custom numeral font anyone has ever seen...with different ways to pair left and right on two digit numbers and everything. But they don't spell out the player names in that font. Their name font that I've seen looks super generic like they used to iron-on with the heat press at the mall. And they don't write out OREGON in that goofy lettering either. So even if this was exceptional work...which it ain't.....it's asking too much of it. That's important I think.

Like a freight train with stickum

Archived