Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

official uni wordmarks:

CD8PPlCUsAAwW_g.png

To be honest, I'm loving these. They have a great classic look to it. I'm looking forwards to seeing what direction they take with the uniforms.
I'm loving these too!!! Thanks Conrad (getting tired of saying this)!

At least they have "Milwaukee" as a primary! If they didnt you guys would have been screaming bloody murder.

shado_logo.gif

official uni wordmarks:

CD8PPlCUsAAwW_g.png

To be honest, I'm loving these. They have a great classic look to it. I'm looking forwards to seeing what direction they take with the uniforms.
I'm loving these too!!! Thanks Conrad (getting tired of saying this but he finds a way to come thru)!

At least they have "Milwaukee" as a primary! If they didnt you guys would have been screaming bloody murder.

I LOVE it too! These unis will be spiffy...a modern touch to a classic look.

bYhYmxh.png

I'm a big fan too. Both of the font and the color scheme. I agree that the effect is sort of a cross hatch of machine/industrial with a more rustic, "up north" sort of energy but I consider that a positive melding that incorporates both Milwaukee's rust belt history with Wisconsin's more rural nature. I will say that the "W" in Milwaukee does look a bit odd, however, with the lowered middle part falling out of line on the arch. Not sure if I like it or hate it, perhaps the visual disruption there is sort of charming.

sloppy -- looks like Yankees road wordmarks. If they were created 60 years ago i'd be fine with it but its too "forced retro" without the romance or quirkyness that retro should have

Apologies if I'm really reaching on this, but did anyone else see the Chris Rock monologue about blacks losing touch with baseball? One of his bits was how baseball is all about looking backward with uniforms and ballparks, but black people don't like to look backward because things back then were even worse than they are now.

Now I don't know if it's that principle at work so much as the NBA itself not having the deep heritage of baseball, but there is something dissonant and jarring about the Bucks trying to be Ye Olde Tyme Basketed Ball Club here. Looking backward as the Bucks are doing not only isn't working from a strictly aesthetic standpoint -- those hideous, hideous letters -- but something about the whole idea of going back to a time when people couldn't cut letters out of cloth very well just doesn't feel right for this league. I'm not saying that the Bucks and all NBA teams have to be on the vanguard, because all the Bucks' uniforms (with the exception of the sublimated deer) have been fairly conservative for their respective times, but trying to go all the way back to this imagined time of shoddy pro uniform craftsmanship feels like it's marketed to the people who yearn for other kinds of simpler times, which, like this idea that no one knew how to make a letter K, also weren't real.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These could be the best new uniforms the NBA rolls out since years. I hope they really did some rainbow esque side panels like we all expect. If it comes close to j'villejags' concept, it'll be great.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Apologies if I'm really reaching on this, but did anyone else see the Chris Rock monologue about blacks losing touch with baseball? One of his bits was how baseball is all about looking backward with uniforms and ballparks, but black people don't like to look backward because things back then were even worse than they are now.

Yes, you are really reaching on that. A lot of NBA teams these days are all about "looking backward" with their uniforms, and the Bucks are just the latest team to join in. Convesely, a lot of MLB teams are about "looking forward" with their uniforms and ballparks.

Overall, MLB tends to hang on to traditional looks more simply because it is older and more popular than the NBA is. Kind of in the same way that teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Celtics hang on to uniform looks more than teams like the Marlins, Diamondbacks, or Nuggets. A younger, less established, less profitable organization is less likely to hold on to tradition than an older, more profitable, more established one.

I didn't see Spike Lee calling for riots when the Knicks dropped their black side panels and v-neck collars to return to a more "backward" look. And I don't think black Knicks or Sixers fans "lost touch" with their teams simply because the teams adopted uniforms that "looked backward."

By the way, I guess Chris Rock had temporary amnesia regarding the NHL (many "forward-looking" uniforms, relatively not a lot of black fans) and the NFL (many "backward-looking" uniforms, but a lot of black fans).

Chris Rock was just engaging in his usual race-baiting, and it looks like somebody bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, the Bucks wordmarks look decent.

Yes, you are really reaching on that. A lot of NBA teams these days are all about "looking backward" with their uniforms, and the Bucks are just the latest team to join in. Convesely, a lot of MLB teams are about "looking forward" with their uniforms and ballparks.

Overall, MLB tends to hang on to traditional looks more simply because it is older and more popular than the NBA is. Kind of in the same way that teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Celtics hang on to uniform looks more than teams like the Marlins, Diamondbacks, or Nuggets. A younger, less established, less profitable organization is less likely to hold on to tradition than an older, more profitable, more established one.

I didn't see Spike Lee calling for riots when the Knicks dropped their black side panels and v-neck collars to return to a more "backward" look. And I don't think black Knicks or Sixers fans "lost touch" with their teams simply because the teams adopted uniforms that "looked backward."

By the way, I guess Chris Rock had temporary amnesia regarding the NHL (many "forward-looking" uniforms, relatively not a lot of black fans) and the NFL (many "backward-looking" uniforms, but a lot of black fans).

Chris Rock was just engaging in his usual race-baiting, and it looks like somebody bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, the Bucks wordmarks look decent.

Many uniforms in the NHL are "forward-looking"? For every forward-looking NHL uniform, there are four others that try to look like they're stuck in the '50s.

MLB ballparks and uniforms are "forward-looking"? So the retro ballpark craze over the last 25 years never happened? Baseball teams haven't abandoned throwback uniforms, have they? Brewers have throwbacks as part of the regular rotation, and the Orioles went back to the cartoon bird. Padres are going back to brown at some point. Not exactly looking forward, in my book at least. Chris Rock's analysis was very flawed, and completely ignored economics, but his point that baseball loves the past is pretty accurate.

NBA was pushing the fashion limits moreso in the 90s and early 2000s than they are now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You guys are dissecting the analysis of baseball from a professional comedian. His whole job is to say things, even if they aren't completely true, to bring shock value. He's doing a good job.

He's also a human being. Human beings have opinions. He shared his opinion.

bSLCtu2.png

official uni wordmarks:

CD8PPlCUsAAwW_g.png

I'm loving these too!!! Thanks Conrad (getting tired of saying this but he finds a way to come thru)!

I LOVE it too! These unis will be spiffy...a modern touch to a classic look.

I think this is pretty good looking. I'm just hoping the wordmarks are fairly large on the unis. Not like the tiny font so many teams have switched to in recent years.

You guys are dissecting the analysis of baseball from a professional comedian. His whole job is to say things, even if they aren't completely true, to bring shock value. He's doing a good job.

Presuming that was actually his opinion and not something he said because, you know, he thought it was funny.

Using a standup comedian's act to buttress an argument is a novel tactic. Not entirely successful, but certainly novel.

Human beings have opinions? From being on this site, I would have never guessed that.

Human beings have opinions? From being on this site, I would have never guessed that.
Very true Rolltribe...Teal and others get flogged verbally on here for passionately having a different opinion than others and sticking to it. Not fair at all. But things have gotten better. IceCap and crew keeps things in order alot smoother these days.
shado_logo.gif

Archived