Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

It's pretty clear the Bucks need to have some sort of green. Like others, I'm on board with a switch to the Irish rainbows and either double or triple green.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's even historical precedent for including black, which ought to address any marketing concerns.

Really? Other than in the original logos, and a small amount of trim in the '90s Green alts, there hasn't been much.
That was enough for them to sell black merchandise. Even back before BFBS really became a thing.

If they feel the need to increase merchandisability with a trendy color, I'd rather they go back to that.

If they go back to using that lighter lime green and incorporate the black from the old logo, then I'll inadvertantly own a Bucks bike:

375f9dfa-07ff-41bf-a947-712808458f8b.Lar

(not my actual bike but the same one) I'll have to put antlers on the handle bars.

Can we call it the buckscycle??

It's not as fluorescent as that in RL. It's almost perfect to the Bucks old line. I'll get Forrest green tape and make my own rainbow on the frame if they go back to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Damn that'd be like 3 teams proposing to change their colors to Black and Gold next year. Memphis (ruled out) Toronto (maybe) and now Milwaukee?? No and hell no.

Red and black? Big No! Chicago is right down the road and they do not want to have blatant similarities. Triple green irish rainbows nuff said.

shado_logo.gif

It's ironic...if it's possible to like something, yet wish it would go to pasture, I've grown to feel this way about the red alts. The Bucks' seeming insistence on 1) wearing them too frequently against...the Bulls, Rockets and others far more associated with red, or 2) at least two cases where it would've made all the sense in the world to go red, but went green instead (vs the Knicks' 70s blue throwbacks a few years back; last season, vs the Magic in black. If you're thinking it must've been hard as :censored: to tell em apart, yes. Yes it was.) Like that one Indian guy's singles ad, I love the red uni, but that doesn't mean that I want it or I can't live without it. :suspect:

I'm in the Irish Rainbow crowd, though I wouldn't mind green/silver or, provided green remained the main color this time, the return of purple. Hell, forest/lime/bronze sounds like something worth a shot.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's ironic...if it's possible to like something, yet wish it would go to pasture, I've grown to feel this way about the red alts. The Bucks' seeming insistence on 1) wearing them too frequently against...the Bulls, Rockets and others far more associated with red, or 2) at least two cases where it would've made all the sense in the world to go red, but went green instead (vs the Knicks' 70s blue throwbacks a few years back; last season, vs the Magic in black. If you're thinking it must've been hard as :censored: to tell em apart, yes. Yes it was.) Like that one Indian guy's singles ad, I love the red uni, but that doesn't mean that I want it or I can't live without it. :suspect:

I'm in the Irish Rainbow crowd, though I wouldn't mind green/silver or, provided green remained the main color this time, the return of purple. Hell, forest/lime/bronze sounds like something worth a shot.

I'll agree with the red alts. I've thought those were awful since day 1. The Bucks just don't look right in red. I think their entire current look in general got stale really fast.

I grew up watching the Bucks in the purple and green, and even my nostalgia doesn't want purple back.

Despite the occasional comment that their current color scheme looks like a Christmas reindeer, I find the red and green to be a great color scheme that is so unique and underused. If they have to change colors, though, I'm all for the Irish rainbow. They just changed their court (although it was prior to the ownership changed), and the court emphasized the green and left the red almost completely absent.

If they do anything, they should really touch up their logo. They added the bevel on the letters around 2006 at the same time as they changed to red and green, but they kept the deer image as a flat line drawing. So you have a 3D wordmark and a 2D deer. The composition is great in my mind, but they really need to add some depth and shading to the deer if they do anything.

Find me a person who considers that Bucks shooting shirt a beloved classic and the Astros jersey an embarrassing relic and we'll ask him.

Well, OK, not the shooting shirt specifically, but I just read pages with a significant number of posters looking for a return of the so called "irish rainbow" uniform, and I think you'd have to agree that the Astros' rainbow-gut uniforms have been known to attract some hate. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I don't think so. I'm just wondering if anyone who likes one but dislikes the other can tell me why.

I like both of them. Admittedly, I like them more when they're both used in a limited way (panel striping for the Bucks, shoulder stripes for the Astros), but they're good nonetheless. I can see how people would like the Bucks' Irish Rainbow more than the Tequilla Sunrise, but that's simply a matter of template.

The Irish rainbow worked because it was used in the context of a traditional basketball template. Side stripes are a traditional template, and the craziness of the rainbow was confined within the sides. This is why I feel the Bengals '80/'90s set and all previous Chargers sets worked well, because the craziness was confined within a traditional striping region.

The Astros' jersey was all-out, and basically went against everything a baseball jersey traditionally is. Really, you couldn't work rainbow striping into a baseball jersey in a traditional manner because there are no large striping sections on traditional baseball templates. The best you could do is racing stripes on the pants and sleeves, but that's better left in the '80s.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, Roman nailed it. The stripes on the Irish Rainbows were confined to the side panels. The Astros' tequila sunrise stripes went all the way around the uniform. Stripe overload, if you will. It's why I tend to dislike the sunrise throwbacks but love their batting practice jerseys. They keep the sunrise stripes confined to the insert panels, which is enough to be interesting, but not enough to be overwhelming.

Archived