Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Won't be an alternate uniform (cream, blue, or black).

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/607309334322683904

Originally, when I heard the rumor that there would be a black alt, I was completely against it, seeing as it seemed like it'd be total BFBS, but now that I see they're trying to do something with blue and black and doing it so halfheartedly on this home and away, I'd like to see what sort of alt they could come up with that prominently features those colors, even if it's primarily black with blue accents and maybe some Cream City cream.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. The blue & black look tacked on, and the number font looks a bit wonky. Other than that? Best NBA jersey update of the past few years. I'm still meh about the Deception Buck logo, but the green/cream color combo is a winner, and the overall package is solid.

The Bucks continue their impressive streak of solid uniforms. They've never had a straight-up bad jersey in their entire history IMO.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

LOVES: Irish Rainbow inspired striping and M on the shorts

Dislikes: Blue and Black stripes are kinda unnecessary but don't ruin the Uniform.

HATES: The general structure of the font in the team name

wordmark.

8.3/10. Still a good uniform set that shouldn't be tweaked too much.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

CG1tvn-U8AAUNJ9.jpg

Also, not sure if this was mentioned but it's pretty cool how you can make out the "M" logo on the side profile of the shorts.

To me, the "M" shape on the side of the shorts is one thing I dislike about the new uniforms. First of all, they already have the M forced on the neck of the logo, which occupies that same area on the shorts, so now its a double M. It's overkill of a decent idea that seems cool on paper but doesn't work well in actual application. Also, I don't think the shorts read as an M as well as they say. You have to follow the outline of the ears and antlers just to realize it cuts into that cream area in the very general shape of an inner M and by the time you realize its sort of an M, you're dizzy. The cream also doesn't have enough contrast against white as it does green.

That being said, I like the overall kook of these. The block letters look bad when arched on the bottom half of the logo, but arched properly on the jerseys, these block letters look much better. The side panels also look good, paying homage to the irish rainbow days. I'd say the jerseys rescue the badly rendered "deer" logo a little bit.

I'm not so sure that the black alternate isn't coming. I know the Bucks said "no" but I think they are being coy. People spoke with players (Henson, specifically) who confirmed black and he said they were his fave.

Also, this guy is fairly connected, he's kinda like a fan with access (he's been real big with the arena and gets on local radio stations as a guest, not just come call in... anyhow), he says black is coming as well.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=43834279#p43834279

I'm not so sure that the black alternate isn't coming. I know the Bucks said "no" but I think they are being coy. People spoke with players (Henson, specifically) who confirmed black and he said they were his fave.

Also, this guy is fairly connected, he's kinda like a fan with access (he's been real big with the arena and gets on local radio stations as a guest, not just come call in... anyhow), he says black is coming as well.

In today's NBA there's no way there isn't an alternate. I don't know who they're trying to fool by saying that. Hell, maybe there will even be a second alternate eventually.

In today's NBA there's no way there isn't an alternate. I don't know who they're trying to fool by saying that. Hell, maybe there will even be a second alternate eventually.

According to the Adidas catalog..CLEARLY there was a Bucks 3rd uniform or alternate listed. So I'm sure there will be a 3rd uni.
shado_logo.gif

Question, is this the only pro sports team with Green/tan or Green/Vegas gold as the color scheme?

I know it's common with Colleges like Baylor, Sacremento State, USF, and CSU to name a few), But off the top of my head I can't think of any.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

This may have been pointed out elsewhere, but I quickly noticed that the change in rainbow stripe width -- progressively larger every-other-stripe going down -- is another reference to the striping width pattern on the original Irish Rainbow. And that, in and of itself, was seemingly a direct take from the width pattern of the Astros' tequila sunrise pattern. The "three small, two wider, two even more wide" pattern kinda held with the new Bucks unis -- the blue one has the arc of the armhole that skews the width, but there are echoes otherwise.

Didn't win a 'chip before....

Won't win a 'chip now.

WTF is a 'chip? you mean 'ship? As in championship? lol who spells it championchip...

By the way, Dear Charlotte Hornets: Numbers with outlines can work in the modern era. Thanks for screwing it up. Sincerely, most NBA fans.

These Bucks jerseys are 7.5/10. Can't wait until the side piping on the jersey doesn't match up with the side piping on the shorts. The fonts just suck. Faux-40s gym font is pretty lame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

These new uniforms look good. Something of a modern classic, I suppose. They harken back to the Bucks' past and yet have a unique look without being overdesigned.

I'm not quite sold on the gold collar, though. So every NBA team with at least one championship has one of their uniform? I don't remember seeing one on teams like the Lakers, Celtics, etc.

These new uniforms look good. Something of a modern classic, I suppose. They harken back to the Bucks' past and yet have a unique look without being overdesigned.

I'm not quite sold on the gold collar, though. So every NBA team with at least one championship has one of their uniform? I don't remember seeing one on teams like the Lakers, Celtics, etc.

Yeah, they've got the tabs as well.

9HKPRvM.jpg

I know OKC technically could have had one as the Sonics won the championship in '79 but they didn't want to claim the title. I'm not sure if there are any other examples of teams not wearing them.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

These unis are pretty good, considering the current awful uniform trends. The shorts, especially, are very nice. This set definitely goes in the same category with the Wizards and Hornets. That doesn't make the rebrand any bit more justified, though, since the last package was perfect for the Bucks. And the logos are still total garbage.

And no, the Hornets' numbers don't need outlines, dammit. The look works exactly the way it is.

Yeah, they've got the tabs as well.

9HKPRvM.jpg

I know OKC technically could have had one as the Sonics won the championship in '79 but they didn't want to claim the title. I'm not sure if there are any other examples of teams not wearing them.

I'm stunned that the oh-my-gosh-it's-revisionist-franchise-history group of the forum hasn't blown a collective head gasket over OKC not wearing the gold tab.

Well, guess I have to be the one to zig from you zaggers on this.

They're fair at best. I hate the Buccaneers' alarm clock numbers and the Beej's diagonal-eschewing alternate numbers, so I can't like the numbers and letters here. I don't find it old-timey or timeless or anything. It's just ugly type. They screwed up the Irish Rainbow that fans love by not doing three-tone green, which I always thought was what people liked about it so much. It's as if they felt they had to make a perfunctory nod to the Irish Rainbow fans but were too married to this stupid green/buff/black/blue palette to do it right. The blue and black are without precedent and don't feel like they belong, almost as if they're a perfunctory addition as well. The beige or tan or whatever you want to call it should not abut white. That looks very bad to me. If you're going to have a color that close to white, it has to act as the base color, like it does with the San Francisco Giants. If the NBA won't let you do that, well, back to the drawing board, I guess.

I know there were execution flaws in the old set, and the deer in headlights had to go, but they threw the baby out with the bathwater by abandoning the classic colors to go with this. It's too conceptual for its own good -- sometimes a basketball team only has to be a basketball team. All the stuff about recalling long-gone heavy-manufacturing elements and a blue-collar work ethic is particularly galling considering that the team continues to exist by the grace of subsidies from a governor who would love nothing more than to squash blue-collar labor and small business.

But they really knocked it out of the park by using forest green! You gotta give 'em that!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived