Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm totally in love with these! It took me a while to process, but all the details are amazing! Color me pink, but I can't find a thing to complain about! Just! Yeah!!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

The execution of the M in the negative space will be better if they done it like this.

ScWVSup.jpg

I was gonna say that maybe it's not meant to resemble an "M" and it's more to pay tribute to the actual court design. Then I looked for a link to the picture of the court then it hit me (maybe a few decades too late): it you look at it from either baseline's perspective, you'd have a letter M on your half of the court!

newcourt-955.jpg

7JGy1be.jpg

But one thing that bugged me about the otherwise perfect rebrand is the "M" logo tab on the home shirt because it causes a break in the collar. What if it was a cream-colored M logo instead?

ZMmzENy.jpg

18379117360_e9751c4df1_o.jpg

If you look at this picture you can see the two jerseys they unveiled. If you notice on the top right, you can see another jersey that looks like it has the bucks head logo on the front, unless I am seeing otherwise. My theory is that this is the third jersey.

I would have considered the 5 jerseys in the middle. but that top right one matches the template design they/adidas used for the Home/Away preview

18379117360_e9751c4df1_o.jpg

If you look at this picture you can see the two jerseys they unveiled. If you notice on the top right, you can see another jersey that looks like it has the bucks head logo on the front, unless I am seeing otherwise. My theory is that this is the third jersey.

I would have considered the 5 jerseys in the middle. but that top right one matches the template design they/adidas used for the Home/Away preview

That jersey definitely has something other than a workmark on the front. It's in all likelyhood the deer with a number somewhere, as mentionned.

The striping is the same, except for the shorts...which have more wide space and one of their circle logos is being used. If someone wants to depict it in a concept, would be nice. :)

I don't understand the blue and black at all. If you are going to use them that sparingly, why even use them at all? They don't add anything of value to the logos or uniforms.

The font leaves a lot to be desired, as well. It's too boxy, and comes off rather lifeless.

And, like Admiral said, they way the cream and white interact is not pleasing. They don't contrast enough with other to have them right next to each other, especially on the road script and number.

jNTsTyQ.png

The execution of the M in the negative space will be better if they done it like this.

ScWVSup.jpg

I was gonna say that maybe it's not meant to resemble an "M" and it's more to pay tribute to the actual court design. Then I looked for a link to the picture of the court then it hit me (maybe a few decades too late): it you look at it from either baseline's perspective, you'd have a letter M on your half of the court!

newcourt-955.jpg

7JGy1be.jpg

But one thing that bugged me about the otherwise perfect rebrand is the "M" logo tab on the home shirt because it causes a break in the collar. What if it was a cream-colored M logo instead?

ZMmzENy.jpg

ScWVSup.jpg

newcourt-955.jpg

7JGy1be.jpg

ZMmzENy.jpg

I can live with it. I'm just thrilled they got rid of that horrible wishbone collar.

Mind blown. I never could understand what the Mecca court was supposed to be. It looks okay but i never understood the love for it.

If it's indeed supposed to be an "M" on either side of the court... Wow. It really is beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm guessing the new floor will be just get a new center court logo and wordmarks on the end. I would think the "M" stays. Looking at the original Mecca floor, maybe some green and blue outside striping wouldn't be a bad idea. Does anyone have the pantone value for the new Good Land green? It is the same as the old green or slightly different? I haven't seen a pic of the new jersey next to last years jersey for comparison, The new green appears to be slightly darker to me but maybe the lack of red just makes it look that way.

Yeah, once you take a step backwards and see the genius of Robert Indiana's original design, even though the current court is only a pale reflection it's still very cool.

mecca2.jpg

34445943-mjs_arena_4.jpg

Have we seen what the new floor will look like? They keeping the Indiana-inspired layout?

Check out that blue border on tat Robert Indiana floor. Hmmm.....

I can't believe this whole time I'd forgotten that Robert Indiana's pop art floor had that blue--the shade even looks spot on to what they're using now! How come they haven't used that as justification instead of making a Lakers appeal?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived