Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one they went with was definitely the best option. Added another nice reference to the Mecca court. Bucks2.png

It's almost like they added blue to the color scheme simply to warrant this design element, because this is probably the most prominent use of blue in the entire identity.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Interesting quote from that article:

Some teams have two-toned painted areas, with stripes along either side of the lane, but the league no longer allows that for new designs, Godsey says. (Courts that already have it, like Minnesota’s mess of a floor, are grandfathered in.)

I thought getting rid of the college lines was just a trend - apparently it's a mandate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Some teams have two-toned painted areas, with stripes along either side of the lane, but the league no longer allows that for new designs, Godsey says. (Courts that already have it, like Minnesota’s mess of a floor, are grandfathered in.)

I thought getting rid of the college lines was just a trend - apparently it's a mandate.

whats wrong with Minnesota's floor. It looks pretty normal to me

Here it is "in the flesh"

new1.png

But that blue border....

Honestly, that's what makes it for me. It's a good color to use for the border, meshes well with the green, and the design is unique. I love it.

No. It actually quite hideous.

Looks like someone just slapped painters tape along the OOB lines.

Blue-Painters-Tape-2.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

new1.png

But that blue border....
Honestly, that's what makes it for me. It's a good color to use for the border, meshes well with the green, and the design is unique. I love it.
No. It actually quite hideous.

Looks like someone just slapped painters tape along the OOB lines.

Blue-Painters-Tape-2.jpg

Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess :) different strokes! I don't really see the painter's tape much, especially where the stripe is behind the text rather than over it, and the blue is a bit lighter.

I will concede that there is one thing I don't like about the court, and that's the state logo crammed by "Milwaukee" on the ends. I could certainly do without that.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

There's nothing bad about the blue. I think it looks good...was actually expecting them to incorporate it like they did as it only makes sense considering why/how they incorporated it in the branding. I respect everyone's opinions but I think there's a lot of overreaction here in regards to ANY change.

I do feel like there was a missed opportunity with the M's on the floor tho. The new M's work better with the shape of the center logo, IMO. Doesn't look bad sticking with the OG look tho.

The idea of the baseline saying "Milwaukee, Wisconsin" is a good one. Not directly the same but reminds me of how the baseline of the old Hornets court used to say Charlotte Coliseum as opposed to Charlotte Hornets or whatever else.

There's nothing bad about the blue. I think it looks good...was actually expecting them to incorporate it like they did as it only makes sense considering why/how they incorporated it in the branding. I respect everyone's opinions but I think there's a lot of overreaction here in regards to ANY change.

I do feel like there was a missed opportunity with the M's on the floor tho. The new M's work better with the shape of the center logo, IMO. Doesn't look bad sticking with the OG look tho.

The idea of the baseline saying "Milwaukee, Wisconsin" is a good one. Not directly the same but reminds me of how the baseline of the old Hornets court used to say Charlotte Coliseum as opposed to Charlotte Hornets or whatever else.

No, as you can read in this very thread, the new Bucks' stuff was almost universally acclaimed (not by me, though). We here at the CCSLC know when something looks terrible, and that's the case with the blue painters tape.

No, as you can read in this very thread, the new Bucks' stuff was almost universally acclaimed (not by me, though). We here at the CCSLC know when something looks terrible, and that's the case with the blue painters tape.

Seems to me like opinion is pretty split on the blue stripe, so no, that's not the case. I like it. It's a nice homage to the Mecca floor to go with the Ms, which fits the throwback-inspired identity. What I don't like is the Wisconsin logo tacked on the end of the wordmarks on the baselines. I feel like the could've found a better place for it.

So did I. Actually, that's not true...I did not realize it was happening.

And I kinda like a different-colored "strip" denoting college vs. pro. Without the college line, the free throw circle kinda gets lost in the lane. I like how the circle touches the college line. Thumbs up to Minnesota's grandfathered mess.

And why is this changing? Is it because it's now easier to change the floor? I know that most NBA arenas don't have full-time college residents, but the Bucks actually do (Marquette). So the floor will be changed a lot. In Minnesota, state tourney high school games are played there and I think the kids like to be able to play on the un-alterned Wolves floor.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

new1.png

The court looks really weird to me without the college lane stripes. It's like seeing a tennis court without the doubles alleys. They both look incomplete.

hqdefault.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived