Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that removing the college lanes is bad. It just looks wrong. The United Center has always had separate courts for the Bulls and all high school/college games, but they still have the college lanes on the Bulls court. It doesn't look right without them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree that removing the college lanes is bad. It just looks wrong. The United Center has always had separate courts for the Bulls and all high school/college games, but they still have the college lanes on the Bulls court. It doesn't look right without them.

I don't understand this. It seems odd to me that you have lines for something you DON'T need. You don't have lines on the court for games that aren't played there, so why have them? And you don't use this court for college games, so I'm being redundant again.

I like the cleaner look of not having the college lane, just like I like not having the college 3-pt line on a pro court.

It's where I sit.

I understand what you're saying. The college lines on pro-exclusive courts are superfluous. But they've always been there and, to me, it just looks wrong without them. The circle looks strange being smaller than the rest of the lane. Maybe it would look better if the circle diameter was increased so it was equal to the lane width, I don't know. It just looks off to me now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Agreed
shado_logo.gif

I don't understand this. It seems odd to me that you have lines for something you DON'T need. You don't have lines on the court for games that aren't played there, so why have them? And you don't use this court for college games, so I'm being redundant again.

I like the cleaner look of not having the college lane, just like I like not having the college 3-pt line on a pro court.

Im with you. if it's not needed it needs to be droped. a cleaner court is a better court. the only reason it looks "odd" is because you're used to seeing it a certain way but this court design is now objectively better. the less lines/graphics/logos there are that could be a distraction, the more focus there is on the game.

i also love the addition of blue in the identity, it works well on court too. the whole Bucks identity is fantastic.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That is false just look at the rockets court, they have hardly any paint on the court and it is an absolute eye sore

crack is bad, son

The bad thing about the Rockets court is that it has way too many words/letters placed all over. It says ROCKETS 6 times, HOUSTON 4 times, and in my opinion that doesn't work well with a logo that is just RH letters itself, which also appears 3 times on the court.

On the topic of the Bucks court: I like it for the most part considering they have no choice but to use those awkwardly blocky letters and all-cream logo. I'm surprised they didn't consider going with just the new deer head logo alone at center court, much like they've used the last two years. I am glad they kept the stained M Mecca floor.

I like the new NBA lane style that uses no college lines. It almost forces teams to have a classic look to their lane area that is just one solid color throughout, and not overly colorful or distracting.

The court's green doesn't look very good up close. It looks more like an olive green.

11057639_10152994476157817_7595495505246

The color is affected by the lighting and the high gloss paint.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The court's green doesn't look very good up close. It looks more like an olive green.

11057639_10152994476157817_7595495505246

Did they have the full on sports lighting. Or was it a mix of sports lights and sodiums (the yellow/orange tinted ones). Because those give the arena a different feel. I know cause I used to work there. It looks like they have the changeover lights on.

packchampionslfroh.png

I hope the Sixers changing their center court logo to the new one doesn't mean they have to change to the dumb solid lanes.

I think the red stripes look silly. They're RWB because America - I get it. Doesn't mean red has to be worked in everywhere.

The classic court was just blue in the paint, so I hope the new one (if there even is a new one - don't think it's been mentioned by the team) just uses solid blue.

They can make the baselines and sidelines red, like the old Spectrum days.

HkaPysKtBpdp3xb0TS0mwrYb.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard, or have there been any rumblings on the bucks unveiling of a third/alternate jersey? I remember adidas uni list had bucks with a alternate, and were rumors of black alternate coming....any words on confirmed or not? unveiling happening sometime?

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

Has anyone heard, or have there been any rumblings on the bucks unveiling of a third/alternate jersey? I remember adidas uni list had bucks with a alternate, and were rumors of black alternate coming....any words on confirmed or not? unveiling happening sometime?

they are waiting to reveal those. Not sure when but it's pretty much a done deal.

shado_logo.gif

Although a few pages back, the Bucks or their pro shop said that there would not be an alternate (mentioned via Twitter). Fingers crossed that they're having second thoughts about a black uniform. For what it's worth, they still have a "TBA" in the Adidas catalog under one of the Alternate umbrellas.

Archived