Sign in to follow this  
St Louis Cardinals

Florida Marlins - New logo

Hey guys, I made this concept for the Florida Marlins. I changed them back to Florida instead of Miami because I felt the overall brand of Florida was better. There would only be one hat, as before, and the pants would have teal piping.

ja5dxn7.png

aKuUUW5.png

ALT

IocOGpK.jpg

HOME

6OJ6RZ6.jpg

ROAD

D5n45B8.jpg

C&C appreciated.

I feel like the multiple colors fits Miami better than all of Florida. That being said, these look over crowded with all the colors.

Why use Votto as the model? just curious.

Reds had easiest uniform to make blank. Long wordmarks that stretch across the uniform were difficult for me to erase.

Also, what colors do you suggest I take out? The wordmark has the same number of colors that the new wordmark does.

Interesting template...

I like that first one, even though I think they should stay the "Miami Marlins." There's a nice mix of colors that come together. Try a blue uniform, and add some more color (And the leaping Marlin behind the M!) to the grey and white vests.

Yeah, stay as the Miami Marlins.

But while the multiple colors fit Miami's culture, they look bad on a uniform. I would chose two or three colors and stick with those.

Florida might have made sense back when the Marlins were the only MLB team in the Sunshine State, but now not so much. I'm okay with the color scheme. Could we get a closer look at that cap logo, by any chance?

The difference with this concept and Miami's actual identity is how they incorporated the multi-color aspect. They didn't just outline or trim everything in a bunch of different colors, they used them in a manner that doesn't just clutter everything in a mess, but rather a representation. And they wisely limited it to the logos, but kept the overall primarily used colors to a minimum, with the black and orange and silver as an accent.

yeah... but it's an upgrade.

Not really.

I don't really like this. Maybe you could experiment with replacing pink with orange, but I think that there are still too many small details in too many different colors. I feel like a triple outline is a bit overkill.

The colors are pretty crowded, but I kinda like it :)

Well this isn't really that creative since it's basically the old set with just some recolors and a fish behind the F.

That being said, it isn't working at all.

1. The colors are more appropriate for a team named for Miami than Florida.

2. As has been pointed out, simply working the colors in as multiple outlines leads to a cluttered mess.

3. The current Marlins uniform kinda works because by using only "MIAMI" on the front, there's a lot of space between letters which allows for more room to work the other colors in without it looking like a mess.

4. You could argue that with the current set that there's a bit of an identity crisis and it's hard to determine what actually are their team colors. This is even worse though, since everything is mashed in so tight.

I think the MIAMI brand has the potential to be stronger over time - Florida ony worked because people were used to it and they won a couple of times. MIAMI sounds more major-league, has alliteration going for it, and leads to some more interesting design possibilities than a generic Florida designation.

I agree that the colors are good, but too many at a time. You could almost do change jerseys like in soccer and make one color the consistent basis for the team

Is pink-teal-black a good color combination or would it still be too cluttered? I'll change the wordmark to the current one with some changes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate the old marlin into the new look, or should I just use the new marlin?

First, take out the garish pink color. Second, darken the green to a more seafoam green. Third, spread the colors out a bit more and you'd have a pretty good uniform set.