[NOW VOTING] The 2014 NCFA Bowl Game Logo Challenge!

drdougfresh

challenge-banner_zps64fb0f9f.jpg

Howdy, dudes. I'm the commissioner of a college fantasy football league hosted on these very forums, and I'm looking for a few ways to increase visibility and participation for our league across the entire forum. I want to make some of the design work for the league more of a community collaboration where appropriate, and that's where this contest comes in to play.

The NCFA is without a doubt the most beautifully presented college fantasy football league on the web, with unique team names and identities for 24 schools. You can learn more about the league by perusing our media guide from last year here. The annual yearbook is what kicks off our season and it generates quite a bit of buzz around the league, and this year, we're looking to take it to a new level.

In the NCFA, we schedule bowl games every postseason in various cities around the States. Last year, I put some simple ideas together for the bowl games in an effort to bring everything to a professional level but to me, having one designer do all the work makes things a little boring.

And that's where you come in.

We're hosting a contest to see who can create the best bowl game logos for the games listed below. We'll take the top 3 vote getters, and they'll be published in this year's NCFA Yearbook (more on that here). You'll also get credit for the logo in the publication, along with an opportunity to describe/explain your design. Depending on the success of this contest, I'm looking at making it a yearly thing.

The Yearbook is due to be released in July, so we're going to want to jump on this quickly. Let's get to the specifics!

Bowl Games Up for Grabs:

• Beantown Bowl - Boston, MA
  • Heart of America Bowl - Kansas City, MO
  • Lone Star Bowl - Arlington, TX
  • Paradise Bowl - Miami, FL
  • Pineapple Bowl - Honolulu, HI

Guidelines:

• Every bowl needs a sponsor (because America). Try to keep it local to enhance the realism.
  • There's no precedent for colors on these bowl games, but make sure they're regionally-appropriate.
  • Submitting your logo on a plain background allows us to focus on the logos and less on the presentation, so make sure that's a part of what you submit.
  • If you want to mock up your logo, or include explanations, feel free to do so.

Submissions:

• Post the bowl game(s) you plan on entering in this year's competition in this thread
  • You can submit one concept for each bowl game (but you're not required to do each game)
  • Send your entries to me via PM or email

Timeline:

• Submissions due by Wednesday, June 11th.
  • Voting will run from June 11th to June 18th.

Feel free to post any questions here in the thread, or you can PM/tweet/however-else-we're-connected me. This year's Yearbook promises to be a spectacle, and your contribution will make it that much better! Best of luck!

VOTING: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98927-the-2014-ncfa-bowl-game-logo-challenge/#entry2253223

Tracking on Google Sheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-CU1-sVOLNR5IPjNHW4I9gOft-SyKBrAIAXWQMv5BUY/edit?usp=docslist_api

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all i have is names:

Boston Strong Bean-town Bowl

INFINITI Heart of America Bowl

Pizza Hut Heart of America Bowl

ING Paradise Bowl

Hilton Pineapple Bowl

some more bowl game ideas:

Yahoo! Motown Bowl - Detroit, MI

SUBWAY Hollywood Bowl - Pasadena, CA

EMERSON Tangerine Bowl - Orlando, FL

Coca-Cola Bowl - Atlanta, GA (New Falcons Stadium)

Farmers Bowl - Los Angeles, CA (Farmer's Field)

Target Minnesota Bowl - Minneapolis, MN (New Vikings Stadium)

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

I'll probably do the Pineapple Bowl or the Paradise Bowl. Bravo on thinking of this contest!

Pretty short turnaround though.

any way I can get a team? (even though you're going to say no, just asking :)

Uhm if you know he's going to say no why ask? Idiotic.

Would love to throw my hat into the ring for this, but I know my skills are not up to snuff. I'll follow for sure, though.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Cool idea but the turn around of a week just isn't good. If I were working for a paying client I wouldn't agree to a one week turn around. I hope you get what you're looking for. That media guide from last year is top notch.

Given that there's no rounds of revisions, I don't think a week is all that outlandish -- but if that's what the community feels, I can push it back further.

That said, I'm going to push the deadline back a few days, so you have 10 days to submit. Sound good?

Cool idea but the turn around of a week just isn't good. If I were working for a paying client I wouldn't agree to a one week turn around. I hope you get what you're looking for. That media guide from last year is top notch.

Given that there's no rounds of revisions, I don't think a week is all that outlandish -- but if that's what the community feels, I can push it back further.

That said, I'm going to push the deadline back a few days, so you have 10 days to submit. Sound good?

WHAT? WHY NO REVISIONS?

WHAT? WHY NO REVISIONS?

It's a contest. You submit an entry -- with a client, you go through rounds of revisions.

Now, please, if you don't plan on entering, there's no reason to be posting in this thread. If you do, please follow the rules outlined in the OP. Thanks.

Not mandatory at all, in fact I don't think we ever have had dates on them. That's not to say it would be a bad thing to include, though. The year would be 2014, since our bowls are weeks 12-14 usually. Good question!

You can submit an entry without a sponsor, no problem. Just know that we'll likely add one when it gets to the yearbook. The community will be voting on the logo, so I don't think sponsor choice will be as important as the overall composition.

Archived