Historic Moments That You Were Able To See In Person

Tigers6884

I was there for Joe Carter's World Series winning home run in 1993. I don't remember much of it besides the fact that I was there, but it still counts!

That's not as historic as some guy breaking a minor league's home run record, no way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there for Joe Carter's World Series winning home run in 1993. I don't remember much of it besides the fact that I was there, but it still counts!

That's not as historic as some guy breaking a minor league's home run record, no way.

Would you please shut the hell up, PhantomDreamer? I never discredited anyone else's moments that they got to see happen live, I just merely said that I thought it was cool that I got to witness a record get tied, minor leagues or not. I don't see you posting any historic moments you got to see.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

With my visit yesterday to Toledo see the Mud Hens battle the Charlotte Knights, I was fortunate enough to witness Mike Hessman tie the record for the most homeruns in International League history. What I thought was really cool was that he not only tied it on Ghostbusters jersey night, be was able to do so during my very first Mud Hens game. So that got me thinking, what historic moments have you guys been able to see in person at sporting events?

Is that really historic though? Nobody wants to set the record for most HR in the minor leagues - all it means is that you weren't good enough to ever make the major leagues. It's kind of an embarrassing record when you think about it.

That's one way to look at it. I think a AAA career that lasted long enough to set a HR record is still a pretty good baseball career. Yeah, he never made the major leagues, but he still played professional baseball at a pretty high level long enough to set a career HR record. It's not like AAA baseball is just a step above rec league softball or something.

If the giant spaghetti monster in the sky showed up and offered me a chance to go back in time and play AAA baseball long enough to set the IL career HR record, I'd take that deal.

It's a good baseball career to you and to me, but not if your goal is to make it to the next level, and you last long enough to watch dozens of players rise up to your level and then surpass you. It sounds good on paper, but I bet that living it wouldn't be all that fun.

Also, how much could you possibly make as a career AAA player who's not a bonus baby (which I assume a career AAA player wouldn't be)? Would it even be enough to justify all the travel, Holiday Inn Expresses, and the fat, rural, sweathog women with c-section scars that you bang in every town?

While you claim that a AAA player is not much below a MLB player, you can't deny that AAA poon is WAY below MLB poon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Would you please shut the hell up, PhantomDreamer? I never discredited anyone else's moments that they got to see happen live, I just merely said that I thought it was cool that I got to witness a record get tied, minor leagues or not. I don't see you posting any historic moments you got to see.
A minor league record isn't historic.

And pullover jerseys are ugly and increasing offensive production only lengthens baseball games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And pullover jerseys are ugly and increasing offensive production only lengthens baseball games.
Pullover jerseys are the greatest things associated with baseball. Who is talking about increasing offensive production? Why are you talking about those things in this thread? You never saw anything "historic"?

Getting this back on topic, I went to Game 3 of the 2010 NCLS and Game 1 of the 2010 World Series at AT&T Park, and (as you may have guessed from my screename) I had an absolute blast.

What history was made at those games?

Getting this back on topic, I went to Game 3 of the 2010 NCLS and Game 1 of the 2010 World Series at AT&T Park, and (as you may have guessed from my screename) I had an absolute blast.

What history was made at those games?

What makes you the arbiter of what is historic or not?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Being at Penn State has leant to a couple of historic moments for me:

- Joe Paterno's 409th win

- The longest football game in B1G history (Penn State over Michigan this past season)

- The First game/victory at Pegula Ice Arena

- Penn State Hockey's first B1G victory (also against Michigan)

Hopefully I'll be able to add Hackenberg's first game/win to that list at some point in time.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Not really a historic moment, but I was at the Elite 8 game between Louisville and Duke in 2013. I was the very first row behind the U of L band when I saw one of the most scaring things I will ever see. I saw Kevin Ware not but 20 feet or so in front of me with something white sticking out of his leg (as we all know, it was his leg bone). I will never forget that scream he made and the face of Rick Pitino again..

With my visit yesterday to Toledo see the Mud Hens battle the Charlotte Knights, I was fortunate enough to witness Mike Hessman tie the record for the most homeruns in International League history. What I thought was really cool was that he not only tied it on Ghostbusters jersey night, be was able to do so during my very first Mud Hens game. So that got me thinking, what historic moments have you guys been able to see in person at sporting events?

Is that really historic though? Nobody wants to set the record for most HR in the minor leagues - all it means is that you weren't good enough to ever make the major leagues. It's kind of an embarrassing record when you think about it.

That's one way to look at it. I think a AAA career that lasted long enough to set a HR record is still a pretty good baseball career. Yeah, he never made the major leagues, but he still played professional baseball at a pretty high level long enough to set a career HR record. It's not like AAA baseball is just a step above rec league softball or something.

If the giant spaghetti monster in the sky showed up and offered me a chance to go back in time and play AAA baseball long enough to set the IL career HR record, I'd take that deal.

It's a good baseball career to you and to me, but not if your goal is to make it to the next level, and you last long enough to watch dozens of players rise up to your level and then surpass you. It sounds good on paper, but I bet that living it wouldn't be all that fun.

Also, how much could you possibly make as a career AAA player who's not a bonus baby (which I assume a career AAA player wouldn't be)? Would it even be enough to justify all the travel, Holiday Inn Expresses, and the fat, rural, sweathog women with c-section scars that you bang in every town?

While you claim that a AAA player is not much below a MLB player, you can't deny that AAA poon is WAY below MLB poon.

"Banging sweathogs?" AAA "poon" vs. MLB "poon? You're a real renaissance man, Vet. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that you've spent far more of your adult life single than you've spent being with a woman. B)

With regard to AAA salaries - the money does suck. According to the google search I did, the minimum salary for a AAA player is $2150 a month. Add in 25 bucks a day for meal money on the road - appx. $2250 for the season - and you're looking at $15,150 for a 6 month season; if you make the minimum.

BB52Big.jpg

Pullover jerseys are the greatest things associated with baseball. Who is talking about increasing offensive production? Why are you talking about those things in this thread? You never saw anything "historic"?

Neither have you, idiot.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

First funny car in the 4s (Chuck Etchell) and the first funny car to run 300 mph+ (Jim Epler). Both occured on the same weekend at the NHRA Sears Craftsman Nationals in Topeka, KS in 1993. Also saw the 100th NHRA professional win by a woman (Courtney Force) this year at the Kansas Nationals. I got to experience Wichita State Men's Basketball's Undefeated Regular Season and MVC Tournament Championship season first hand. I've also gotten to witness the first and last games of three separate hockey teams- CHL Topeka Scarecrows, USHL Topeka Scarecrows and CHL Topeka Tarantulas.

I've seen quite a few.

First time the Rockies ever beat the Yankees, extra innings and tornado delays and all.

USC vs Texas. The Vince Young game.

Witnessed Brady's first playoff loss. When Champ picked off Brady in the endzone and returned it 99 yards only to be knocked out at the one, that's my second favorite sports moment (first is on this list too)

Saw Tulo turn the unassisted triple play.

The final out of the 2007 NLCS. My favorite sports moment ever.

Tebow's first career comeback against the Houston Texans.

Peyton Manning's Broncos debut.

The 2012 Divisional Round game, or as I refer to it, "The F Bomb".

Peyton Manning's 7 touchdown pass game against Baltimore last season.

Would you please shut the hell up, PhantomDreamer? I never discredited anyone else's moments that they got to see happen live, I just merely said that I thought it was cool that I got to witness a record get tied, minor leagues or not. I don't see you posting any historic moments you got to see.A minor league record isn't historic.Well in that case all Mariners records aren't historic.

Not really a historic moment but... I saw Matt Ryan's first NFL pass vs the Detroit Lions (yeah, the 0-16 season) in 2008. Ryan's first NFL pass was a 62 yard touchdown pass to Michael Jenkins.

Archived