NHL should go back to white jerseys for the home team

Rays

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only sport that should have white at home is baseball, NBA should switch to color at home which i think will happen given how` often teams have done it the last few years. .

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

only sport that should have white at home is baseball, NBA should switch to color at home which i think will happen given how` often teams have done it the last few years. .

I second that

Let the home team decide which jersey they want to wear. If they want to wear whites or colors or go half-and-half, let them make their choice before the season and have it published so the road teams can prepare.

thats not going to work logistically because their are 82 games to plan this out for, and these plans are going to change through out the season, it works in the NFL because their are on 16 games with 8 being at home.

I like white's at home, but I think that it's probably just me thinking the grass is greener on the other side and I'll fully admit that.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

All sports should have far more colour on colour matchups.

In fact i'd love to see colour on colour as the default and only introduce whites/thirds for colour clashes.

Home sets are almost always better and represent the team better. Colour on colour would look best for most matchups.

Yeah but its problematic for hockey because the white ice contrasts too strongly with a lot of the uniforms so its not always ideal for TV to differentiate between the two 'dark' sets.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Yeah but its problematic for hockey because the white ice contrasts too strongly with a lot of the uniforms so its not always ideal for TV to differentiate between the two 'dark' sets.

If you put the Rangers in blue and the Hawks in red...that be a beauty to watch. I can think of multiple other examples that would work, Wings/Leafs, Canadiens/Canucks, Panthers/Lightning......color v color would work with almost every NHL team as long as the colors don't clash. I'd even say the Hawks and Flyers Red/Orange combo would work, even on TV. It's 2014, we have HD TV, and I would argue that these matchups would work with late 90s hockey coverage as well.

I think there's a lot of pluses to the dark jerseys at home. The most noted of course is the alternate jerseys and taking the complexity out of that. Secondly though is that it kind of brings more character to playing at home if you ask me. Seems like it just works well presence wise and for myself, kind of unites the concept of fans wearing team coloured gear and the team doing so. I'm not saying the white jerseys don't have the team colours, just in some cases, less dominant.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

That's always been an unpopular sports uniform opinion I've always had and glad somebody brought it up. I think the NHL would be smart to introduce color vs color matchups. As stated above, with HD TVs now being the norm, a team in red playing a team in orange is easily distiguishable.

Personally, Id like to see Red Vs Blue, Orange Vs Blue, Black vs light shades of red/blue, White vs dark shades of red/blue.

I don't understand the third jersey argument. The NBA wears white at home and that has never prevented the use of colored alts... Even at home every now and then. I don't think "white at home, but designate 3-5 color at home games per year" is complicated or unreasonable.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Color just looks so much better at home. It's hockey. It's tradition. It's they way it was always meant to be and should always be.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't understand the third jersey argument. The NBA wears white at home and that has never prevented the use of colored alts... Even at home every now and then. I don't think "white at home, but designate 3-5 color at home games per year" is complicated or unreasonable.

Unless teams were to make their third jerseys another white jersey, having two dark jerseys that are for the road seams....unnecessary. As a fan of a team, why would i want 2 of my teams 3 jerseys (which are color and unique) to be shown off on the road where I can't watch them in person? A third jersey is intended to be showcased for that teams fans and players. Instead, you have your team in white at home.....just like all 31 other teams in the league. White at home, in my opinion, is bland. When I go to a game, I want to see my team in their colors and the visiting team in their white roads, which all teams have. In a perfect world, color v color matchups would take place and the white jerseys would almost be used as a "clash" jersey, such as in soccer. Nashville could wear yellow almost all 82 games and not run into a clash problem that i could think of, with the exception of Buffalo's cape crusader.

This issue with hockey is all the extra gear required for dark/light jerseys.

Unless teams were to make their third jerseys another white jersey, having two dark jerseys that are for the road seams....unnecessary. As a fan of a team, why would i want 2 of my teams 3 jerseys (which are color and unique) to be shown off on the road where I can't watch them in person? A third jersey is intended to be showcased for that teams fans and players. Instead, you have your team in white at home.....just like all 31 other teams in the league. White at home, in my opinion, is bland. When I go to a game, I want to see my team in their colors and the visiting team in their white roads, which all teams have. In a perfect world, color v color matchups would take place and the white jerseys would almost be used as a "clash" jersey, such as in soccer. Nashville could wear yellow almost all 82 games and not run into a clash problem that i could think of, with the exception of Buffalo's cape crusader.

Some teams' white jerseys are far better than the dark jerseys. As a fan of such a team, I'd rather see my team wear white at home.

Also, one of the greatest traditions in all of sports was started because the Jets wore white at home.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let the home team decide which jersey they want to wear. If they want to wear whites or colors or go half-and-half, let them make their choice before the season and have it published so the road teams can prepare.

thats not going to work logistically because their are 82 games to plan this out for, and these plans are going to change through out the season, it works in the NFL because their are on 16 games with 8 being at home.

It works in the NFL because the team goes home in between each and every game.*

*There has probably been some team that had to play two games in a row on the opposite coast that spent the whole week there, but that is very rare.

That's always been an unpopular sports uniform opinion I've always had and glad somebody brought it up. I think the NHL would be smart to introduce color vs color matchups. As stated above, with HD TVs now being the norm, a team in red playing a team in orange is easily distiguishable.

Personally, Id like to see Red Vs Blue, Orange Vs Blue, Black vs light shades of red/blue, White vs dark shades of red/blue.

Red vs. orange will never be okay. Or orange vs, gold.

Archived