Fixing the NFL... Again (24/32)(Ravens and Steelers Added)

Djruggs

So the last time I tried to redesign the NFL, it went fairly well, but my skills have vastly improved since. So here I am taking a second crack at it. This series will follow all NFL rules in regards to uniforms (maximum three jerseys, maximum three pants, maximum three socks, one helmet, numbers must contrast jersey, must have TV numbers). Every team will have a home, away, and throwback (besides the teams that have had the same unis since their creation, then they will just have an alt). First up, my team, the New York Football Giants.

YKvxzX5.png

bENSScT.png

giants_pants_home_by_djruggs-d7kndea.png

8tDvF7j.png

MKP1Fs4.png

giants_pants_away_by_djruggs-d7knc66.png

45YDSso.png

0TMXDIh.png

giants_pants_throwback_by_djruggs-d7kndx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love that white jersey for the Giants. Although it would bug me seeing two (and three, but alternates/throwbacks get a pass) jerseys with completely different templates. And yes, the Giants already bug me with that.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Well done adding some blue to the white/red jersey, but the same move needs to be made on the blue/white jersey that makes them look like they're still in training camp all year.

87Redskins.png

Anyone else having trouble viewing? The pictures aren't loading or are only loading a very small part of each photo. Viewing on Chrome and IE.

I can see the images on Firefox, so try that.

Now, to get on topic; this Giants concept is really good. Really don't see anything wrong with it.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Good job. One thing I notice about the presentation that would really help it out, in my opinion, is if you would warp the logos on the helmets to match the helmets shape. On both of these helmets, the decal looks very 2D on a 3D template. I think it should be a pretty easy fix. Your presentation is so good other than that though.

award%20sig.png

I think you have succeeded in making the two teams that have the most inconsistent sets more inconsistent. The Giants look pretty good but your Cowboys are a miss in my book. Never liked the two different silvers and I don't think the silver helmet goes with your alternate. I realize you're trying to follow some rules but maybe try going in a direction that no one else has done for the Cowboys for an alternate.

As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I think they need to use a uniform silver (the metallic silver blue) and a darker blue, but not quite navy. I think it would really help keep the uniform succinct while maintaining the tradition of their wacko color scheme, which I personally love. From an overall design standpoint though, I like what you did with them. They need to simplify their look, expecially with the blue set.

I must say.... These are Great!!!! The only problem I have is on the home (white jersey) sleeve stripes. I don't think they need a black stripe around the navy ones. Maybe try just navy colored stripes or navy and the silver-green color of the pants for the stripes. Good work though.

Also, can I have the blank version of the template you used?

fiowXOD.png

Here are my thoughts thus far:

Giants-More needs to be done to differentiate this set from the Bills. I'd give the Giants their gray pants back for all uniforms. Blue socks on the road set. I'd just ditch that alternate because (1) it looks too much like the 80s-90s Bills jerseys and (2) it's the same color as the standard home jersey. I'd just bring back the red alternates.

Cowboys-I offer the same advice I'd offer the real Cowboys: use the blue-silver you use on the pants for the helmets as well. The navy numbers and stripes are a good fix. I'd go back to white numbers on the navy jerseys because people may not be able to see the silver numbers on such a dark jersey. I don't really mind the silver helmet with the throwback but the Cowboys would wear a blue version of these if they were to bring them back. Color the throwback jerseys either regular blue or navy blue.

So for the Redskins, I didn't want to change much, more just fix some things that bug me. mostly abandoning the two stripe pants, not having the stripes on the sleeves, and striped socks.

8xEt3aV.png

8sRuBj1.png

redskins_home_pants_by_djruggs-d7l6cxr.p

PnWFVL2.png

cuCjoUm.png

redskins_away_pants_by_djruggs-d7l6dgr.p

Continued on next page

Archived